Window suites or mini suite Caribbean Princess

Bogof1

We went on a southern Caribbean cruise out of Ft Lauderdale on the Caribbean Princess in April last year. We booked an OV cabin but were offered an upgrade to a WS for $150 p/p. We jumped at the opportunity and were very happy we did. The amenities, the size of the cabin and bathroom, breakfast at Sabatini's each morning, and a no cover charge night at the Crown Grill were well worth the additional cost. We weren't expecting a balcony anyway so the lack of one wasn't a problem. We're booked on the Grand (sails tomorrow) again in a OV. I was hoping for another chance to upgrade but that didn't happen so I called Princess to ask what a WS would cost. About $2000 p/p - oh, well, maybe next time.

Anyway, about the stabilizer noise issue. It is indeed the stabilizers we heard. I asked our room attendant and an officer about it. Our room attendant said we should hear it in his room which was below ours - it's really loud there. We had two nights of banging and creaking. I could even hear the water cavitating around the stabilizers. It was loud enough to keep us awake longer than usual but eventually we got used to it and got some sleep. It was almost like listening to a thunder storm, kind of exhilarating in a way. I guess it all depends on how rough the seas are whether you'll hear anything or not.

The only other negative I've heard about the WS's is the smell of smoke from the cigar bar nearby if the corridor door is left open but we never noticed it. Also, we did hear some joggers occasionally but it wasn't an issue for us.

Even with the noise and lack of balcony, we would take a window suite again just for the additional perks that come with a full suite.

We went on a southern Caribbean cruise out of Ft Lauderdale on the Caribbean Princess in April last year. We booked an OV cabin but were offered an upgrade to a WS for $150 p/p. We jumped at the opportunity and were very happy we did. The amenities, the size of the cabin and bathroom, breakfast at Sabatini's each morning, and a no cover charge night at the Crown Grill were well worth the additional cost. We weren't expecting a balcony anyway so the lack of one wasn't a problem. We're booked on the Grand (sails tomorrow) again in a OV. I was hoping for another chance to upgrade but that didn't happen so I called Princess to ask what a WS would cost. About $2000 p/p - oh, well, maybe next time.

Anyway, about the stabilizer noise issue. It is indeed the stabilizers we heard. I asked our room attendant and an officer about it. Our room attendant said we should hear it in his room which was below ours - it's really loud there. We had two nights of banging and creaking. I could even hear the water cavitating around the stabilizers. It was loud enough to keep us awake longer than usual but eventually we got used to it and got some sleep. It was almost like listening to a thunder storm, kind of exhilarating in a way. I guess it all depends on how rough the seas are whether you'll hear anything or not.

The only other negative I've heard about the WS's is the smell of smoke from the cigar bar nearby if the corridor door is left open but we never noticed it. Also, we did hear some joggers occasionally but it wasn't an issue for us.

Even with the noise and lack of balcony, we would take a window suite again just for the additional perks that come with a full suite.

Thanks so much for confirming what others have reported, and explaining this in some detail. Can you tell me which window suite you were in? I am trying to figure out if it is more noticeable the further aft one is in the row of window suites.

Edited by ggprincess2004

Thanks so much for confirming what others have reported, and explaining this in some detail. Can you tell me which window suite you were in? I am trying to figure out if it is more noticeable the further aft one is in the row of window suites.

We were in F311, second from the aft end of the WS's. I don't know how much of a difference it would make as far as the noise goes.

We sailed in a WS to Alaska and also to NE/Canada. No noises and no one jogging upstairs that we could hear. The seas though were calm on both cruises. We will be on the Grand in Feb in a WS to Hawaii. I hear the seas can be rough so I expect noise. Not looking forward to it but at least I am forewarned.

We heard neither of these noises on our Grand to Alaska last Sept either. Please post if you hear anything on your Hawaii cruise on Grand. We are doing the same cruise next Oct.

We heard neither of these noises on our Grand to Alaska last Sept either. Please post if you hear anything on your Hawaii cruise on Grand. We are doing the same cruise next Oct.

We had a window suite on the Grand and had no problems with noise, even during the trans-Atlantic crossing. And believe me, if there was persistent noise I would have a problem with it. For some reason I have really good hearing!:o

We were in F311, second from the aft end of the WS's. I don't know how much of a difference it would make as far as the noise goes.

Thank you! Hoping it will be less noticeable in F303 as we do have that booked in 2015! Still rethinking that decision, and hoping for more information over the coming months.

Thank you! Hoping it will be less noticeable in F303 as we do have that booked in 2015! Still rethinking that decision, and hoping for more information over the coming months.

I was in F307 on the Golden and it was very noisy in heavy seas. I booked F309 for our cruise next spring hoping it will make a difference.

what ships have window suites? We usually book a mini suite but I really like the extra room, the large bathroom and the other suite perks with the window suites. Might be willing to give up my balcony for those benefits.

what ships have window suites? We usually book a mini suite but I really like the extra room, the large bathroom and the other suite perks with the window suites. Might be willing to give up my balcony for those benefits.

I believe it's only the Caribbean Princess, Grand Princess and Golden Princess. These rooms were retrofitted after the ships were built.

I have stayed in three (305, 309, 311)window suites. I prefer the ones toward the middle of the ship (311) away from where the bow breaks the water. I once asked the FCC what the noise was. He said it was water running through tubes (more like gurgling sounds). Made sense to me. I have not had any noise issues in any of the three suites (and a few more times in the same). I really like these cabins. Yes, penthouse suites are just as nice, but these are affordable.

We experienced violent movement and noise in F301 on our TA cruise on the Grand. The WS were added during a refurbishment and I felt las if our cabin was going to break off the ship. In the middle of the night, I contacted the Pursor and had someone check the noise. On another cruise, we were on the Golden in F311 and no issues.

We experienced violent movement and noise in F301 on our TA cruise on the Grand. The WS were added during a refurbishment and I felt las if our cabin was going to break off the ship. In the middle of the night, I contacted the Pursor and had someone check the noise. On another cruise, we were on the Golden in F311 and no issues.

And what did they say the noise was?

And what did they say the noise was?

Sorry, but they said all ships make that noise in rough weather and not to worry, our cabin would not detach from the ship.

In the morning, we could hear joggers and there was smoke from the cigar bar, in the hall outside our cabin, but we would stay in any of the WS other than F301 and F303. We are booked in F309 on the Golden in September and stayed in F311 before.

Hi,

If you can get a window suite on the 6th deck (no balcony) grab it, you get all suite priviledges, breakfast at Sabatini's, free dinner first night.

We were in F311 last fall to Canada and loved it, near everything. You get a sitting area, bedroom area, large bathroom. It has everything a suite has, sometimes it's even less than a mini suite. The only two ships that have window suites are the Grand and CB Princess.

If you don't need a balcony, you won't regret it.

Enjoy

synet165

We have done a Transatlantic in Window Suite F307 on the Grand and and never heard any abnormal noises and nothing that would keep us from sleeping or staying asleep. We normally sail on deck 5 with an ocean view and have never experienced any noise. The window suites are on deck 6, I don't understand why the people on deck 5 are not complaining more loudly if those in the suites, one deck above, are being bothered.

Colo Cruiser, can you relay your personal experience with Window Suites? Which ship did you stay in one, and what did you hear when you did? Your actual experiences would be helpful.

I relayed my experience at the start of this thread, that I heard no noise when I was in F307 on the Caribbean Princess, the ship the OP is asking about.

Golden Princess F315, noise in this cabin was not an issue. We have heard stabilizer noise in the Piazza deck 5 many times when they were deployed on many of the Grand Class ships. It is never an issue for us and really don't pay attention until its brought up here. Its part of the ship operation and nothing anyone can do about it. ;)