Chocolate breakfast?

Thanks! Apparently this has been around for a few years. Not sure how I missed it on my last cruise, though we typically don't eat in the MDR for breakfast. Not sure about a chocolate milkshake for breakfast...but the pancakes or parfait sound right up my alley.

We ask our waiter the first night to tell us when the chocolate breakfast will be. It's usually a sea day. Every evening we ask the waiter again. That's usually the only way we find out about it in advance. It generally does not get mentioned in the daily compass

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

MyHouseOfMouse's menu looks just like what I remember. It's a chocolate-themed breakfast, but it's not something an absolute gotta-do. They do serve other things too: Eggs, for example, that -- obviously -- contain no chocolate.

It IS worth doing, given that breakfast -- as much as we like it -- can become a bit repetitive.

Originally we knew about it only because our waiters told us the night before; however, if you didn't eat in the MDR the night before, you wouldn't know! Asking on the first evening is a good idea. It tends to be towards the end of the cruise.

Ok so how did I not know about this!!!! I have never heard of it nor has a waiter ever mentioned it. I will ask on my next cruise, but do they have it on 4 and 5 day cruises too?

I know its on the Majesty 3 day cruise (usually Saturday Morning)

Thanks! Apparently this has been around for a few years. Not sure how I missed it on my last cruise, though we typically don't eat in the MDR for breakfast. Not sure about a chocolate milkshake[ for breakfast...but the pancakes or parfait sound right up my alley.

Though it's called a chocolate milk shake its just chocolate milk . Sometimes it's whipped up in a blender . No actual ice cream involved in the making.

Edited by xxoocruiser

This has been offered every cruise we've been on for the past few years and is offered on at least one of the sea days. It is even offered on the short enchantment three night cruise, where there is no full sea day but a sea morning.

As matj2000 mentioned, a few items are regular items with chocolates syrup. Chocolate waffles were the regular waffles, with syrup.

Any waiter can tell you the scheduled day(s)

Enjoy.

Don't get to excited.

The chocolate breakfast is really nothing but the regular menu items with chocolate syrup poured on everything.

The milkshakes are just syrup, ice, and milk, blended up..

Don't be a cloud on a sunny day!

The chocolate breakfast on the Explorer was on a port day, it was day 5 f I remember correctly. Here's a pic of the menu. I agree, the milkshakes were very watery, basically just blended chocolate milk, But the kids sure got a kick out of it.

DSCF0921_zps1bbd1e87.jpg