Connections Party Drinks

B17

Hi,

We have just signed up for the Connections Party for our upcoming cruise on Reflection. I wanted to know what your experiences are of the drinks they lay on at these gatherings.

In the past when we have signed up, its been soft drinks only But on our Silhouette cruise last year they came around with trays of drinks of the same offering as they have at the Captains Club Elite hour. Very Nice. Wine, Cocktails, etc.

I see that when I signed up it said , soft drinks will be available.... did we just get lucky on the Silhouette ?

Whats your experience of the drinks offerings at the Connections Parties.

First time ever missing a party when on the Summit they held it at 10h30am on the first port day. EEEkkk.... gather very few attended :rolleyes:. Go figure! I can only imagine that at that hour it was tea and coffee.

Connections party was the first evening 7:45-8:15 with mimosas and sparkling wine served. While unusual to have one that early, this cruise featured port calls for the first eight days on board. We were happy to have this opportunity to get together before the last day of the cruise.

Hi, the CC gathering used to be held mid morning on the first sea day

on most cruises....I believe on most Caribbean cruises it is still that

way.....so yes, 10:30am would be about right. They have offered

coffee, tea, juice and pastries most of the time.

As for the replies about wine, appetiziers, etc...I would guess those

gatherings would be in the afternoons or early evenings.

It depends on your particular cruise. There is not 1 way they do

it.

To the OP, you mentioned sailing Reflection....are you going to Europe

or to the Caribbean? That would probably make a difference.

Edited by Lois R

We are on Greek Islands / Med in July. We dont dock in Messina until 10am on the first morning, I am almost guessing the Party may be early that first day just before we dock?

We are on Greek Islands / Med in July. We dont dock in Messina until 10am on the first morning, I am almost guessing the Party may be early that first day just before we dock?

You are sailing from Athens? Who knows? It could be before you

dock......look at this way......think of it as an adventure:)..when

you get to your cabin, there should be an invitation there with the

date and time.....if it is not there? Go see Guest Relations about it.

And ENJOY YOUR CRUISE:D

You are sailing from Athens? Who knows? It could be before you

dock......look at this way......think of it as an adventure:)..when

you get to your cabin, there should be an invitation there with the

date and time.....if it is not there? Go see Guest Relations about it.

And ENJOY YOUR CRUISE:D

Sorry no, we are sailing from Rome to the Greek Islands. Its a busy port intensive cruise, so we might not even make the party! but enjoy it we will.

Thanks for all the replies.

Sorry no, we are sailing from Rome to the Greek Islands. Its a busy port intensive cruise, so we might not even make the party! but enjoy it we will.

Ahhhh....ok.....so the first full day is Messina? I was there 2 years

ago...was wonderful:D

Well, then, the CC gathering might be that first day.......you just

never know;)

We had a full blown cocktail party once on the Century in. Michaels Club. It was the last cruise of the Alaska season. The CD said there had not been a single CC party all season, so they decided to throw a real nice one. :)

• 3 weeks later...

The June 21 Meet & Mingle party was held the first sea day at 9:30am in the Sky Lounge. They served coffee & juice and some pastries. The party was attended by the cruise director and a few other minor staff members. The cruises director Sinan spoke for a few minutes and was very nice about how important Cruise Critic members are and how valuable our input is to Celebrity and encouraged us to contact them if we needed anything. Then they told us to enjoy the party and left.

The room was not private during our party, and people were coming in to the Sky Lounge to get ready for the event that was being held in the room immediately after ours. We had a 45 minutes before the next event (trivia) started up. Our group was just getting warmed up and friendly with each other when the trivia started :(

I can understand that the cruises are cutting back and no longer giving out little "goodies" like they used to especially since the group sizes have gotten so large, and they are no longer doing raffles, etc. but they could have at least given us more than 45 minutes. The Captain didn't even bother to show up and were had over 200 people on our roll call.

On Summit in 2013, it was iced tea, coffe, hot tea and I think fruit punch - no cocktals. Also had some cookies.

Didn't make it to the one in 2014. It was at 10:30 on first sea day which was a little earlier than I would have liked.

I was on this cruise in June and the party was at like 9:00 on the first full day (a port day), very few people attended and I only saw coffee, water and maybe juice. Wasn't that impressed and a bit bummed.