My Celebrity .....no access to booking...sorry bit of a rant

welshfamily

We are 5 weeks out from our cruise and I have done online check in and ordered luggage tags however the system will no longer let me book excursions, order gifts, book speciality restaurants, drinks packages etc.

Usually the manage your reservation allows you to access all these extras but now the website doesn't even show these options. I have tried to go the long way round via shore excursions and the drink packages but it just keeps asking me to log in to manage your reservation and then does not give me the options.

Is anyone else having this problem? The advanced filters on the shore excursion which ask for your ship and sail date don't work either.

Any suggestions?

Please don't say ring Captains Club as they transfer you to Shore excursions who are only interested in taking the reference number of the shore excursion I want to book.........:confused: download the Brochure I was told ......all 900 pages:(

Can anyone help please.

Do Celebrity no longer want cruisers to spend money pre cruise.

I've just check on one of ours, and if you go into 'explore pre-cruise planner' from the drop down box, the tours etc are all there. It's set out a bit differently now to what it used to be.

Hope this helps

Celebrity is not exactly winning friends and customers with these ongoing issues. Why would they do maintenance during their most busy time (weekends?). Do that from midnight to 6:00 am.

We are 5 weeks out from our cruise and I have done online check in and ordered luggage tags however the system will no longer let me book excursions, order gifts, book speciality restaurants, drinks packages etc.

Usually the manage your reservation allows you to access all these extras but now the website doesn't even show these options. I have tried to go the long way round via shore excursions and the drink packages but it just keeps asking me to log in to manage your reservation and then does not give me the options.

Is anyone else having this problem? The advanced filters on the shore excursion which ask for your ship and sail date don't work either.

Any suggestions?

Please don't say ring Captains Club as they transfer you to Shore excursions who are only interested in taking the reference number of the shore excursion I want to book.........:confused: download the Brochure I was told ......all 900 pages:(

Can anyone help please.

Do Celebrity no longer want cruisers to spend money pre cruise.

You think that's a rant - wait until I get going...

I have been trying to access my September 2014 cruise for the last four weeks and despite all the advice from this board I have had no luck. I've tried different browsers, PCs (Mac and Windows), iPad, iPhone, clearing the cache and browsing history, going in through "Manage My Booking and then Online Check-in" and all to no avail. I speak to Celebrity in the UK more often than I speak to my children - neither lives at home :-) - and everyone tells me that there is a problem, that Miami are aware and that the IT people are working on it 24/7... for 4 weeks without resolution??? Even the Customer Service Department in the UK can't access this booking!

The annoying thing is that I can get into my 2015 & 2016 cruises without any difficulty and nobody can explain that either! It's bizarre.

RCCI is a company with total revenues of nearly $8 billion a year and if I was a shareholder (US: stockholder) I would be asking some searching questions at the Annual General Meeting. How much revenue has been lost due to people (like me) not booking speciality restaurants, excursions etc because they can't see what's on offer? Interestingly, page 34 of the RCCI annual report says:

> Disruptions in our shoreside operations or our information systems may adversely affect our results of operations.

> Our principal executive office and principal shoreside operations are located at the Port of Miami, Florida and we have shoreside offices throughout the world. Actual or threatened natural disasters (e.g., hurricanes, earthquakes, tornadoes, fires, floods) or similar events in these locations may have a material impact on our business continuity, reputation and results of operations. In addition, substantial or repeated information systems failures, computer viruses or cyber-attacks impacting our shoreside or shipboard operations could adversely impact our business. We do not generally carry business interruption insurance for our shore- side operations or our information systems. As such, any losses or damages incurred by us could have an adverse impact on our results of operations.

Which seems to suggest that RCCI are aware of the potential damage IT systems failures can do to their business, but there's little current evidence that the situation is set to improve...

I find it astonishing that a company of this size cannot solve the problem. Maybe if their IT staff can't fix it they should sack them, all and get a bunch of 6 year olds in - they'll have it sorted in a morning and they'll probably only want some milk and biscuits (US: cookies)! Alternatively, maybe RCCI could engage the services of Alan Mulally (the ex-Boeing chief who rescued Ford Motor Company) as I understand he's retiring from FMC at the beginning of July and no doubt he'll be looking for a new challenge...

Come on Celebrity, sort it - NOW!

Thank you for all your replies.

I will swear that when I tried the drop downs before posting the pre cruise option did not show anything other than advice to call and american toll free number.

Even more frustrated now.

This time I did get pictures of the things on offer but 20minutes after pressing shore excursions I still had nothing but a list on the left hand side of the screen with the ports of call and a circle in the centre indicating something was trying to load and a message to call the american toll free 1-800 number.

The beverage packages have no record of our free classic package therefore we cannot upgrade on line.

It is possible all speciality dinning is sold out ....but I doubt it.

There are no gifts to order.

Again I was reminding to call the 1-800 number if any help was needed.

As we live in the UK, we are automatically directed to Celebrity UK to book cruises yet obviously only an American toll free number is provided for help.

I only wanted an excursion in Lisbon and to order a surprise for my husband, we have never had this problem before as we have always just asked the person we booked with at Celebrity to help but they made her redundant ......still miss her.

I shall now probably book another private excursion, upgrade our packages onboard and forget about a birthday surprise because to be honest I don't want to waste another evening trying to spend money with Celebrity.

Thank goodness we love their cruises and the onboard experience and won't let their website spoil our holiday.

However I agree Celebrity need to sort these problems out.

Just a couple of things I noticed from your list, if your beverage package was "free" with a promotion you can't upgrade online.

Gifts are not part of your online reservation they are under a different section found at the bottom of the main page under gifts.

I have not been able to access "Manage my Booking" for some time, but I tried again today and there it was!:)

However ................... although they have my correct name and CC number, they are showing my address as a village in Huntingdon. I'm sure it is a lovely place, but I have never set foot there and actually live on a small offshore island. They also show that I have no cruises currently booked - so online check in for my next cruise is going to be a bit of a challenge!:eek:

I was unable to make my final payment online due to a "Page Not Found" message after entering all the information. Had to call Celebrity to get it done. Otherwise I have been able to access all aspects of the cruise reservation! (I hope I didn't jinx myself!!)

phone celebrity on 01932834200 there is an option there for someone to help you

Last time I tried that number within the last few weeks, all I god was a surprised receptionist [no menu first] who just told me to rind the **** 0844 number.

I got so fed up with having to use these 0844 numbers to 'phone Celebrity[as they cost us money on our BT package] that I did some digging on the Internet. Do you realise that Celebrity UK get PAID for giving us the privilege of 'phoning them? At least our US friends get a Freephone number.

Celebrity UK is a total mess at present. If you try a mock booking of the 26 April 2015 transpacific on Millennium, you are offered the option of booking hotels in Shanghai and Vancouver that Celebrity both in the UK and US claim they have never had a contract with and do not offer. I have taken the booking right down to the point where I would have to pay a deposit and I have sent them screen shot to show them what can be booked but they still tell me they are not there! In the time I have been doing this, the price and rooms offered have changed more than once, so someone is doing something.

Apologies, just thought that I would add my rant to the OPs.

To the WelshFamily, I would just add my suggestion to try to make your changes when it is not the weekend if this is at all possible but I am not sure that I trust their website anymore.

I use the 01932 number all the time as I won't pay any company for the privilege of ringing them either. I just ask to be put through to Celebrity, never had a problem. Also there is a ringback option on the website, the 01932 number doesn't work at weekends. When they ring you back, you will also get a direct number.

I believe I have at one time or another had each of these problems you have all noted. Here's a new one, I live in Hawaii so it's 6 hours behind Atlantic coast US, so when they all go home, they just put me on hold (recorded message saying someone will be with me shortly) in a continuous loop.

Got promised an OSC by office, but it doesn't show up on my eDocs. I am not counting on it.

I think I am not going to book again, it's just not worth the hassle when there are other cruises.

I have just called the 0844 number and selected the "problems with website" option and my call was picked up after a wait of less than two minutes. The Celebrity rep was very sympathetic and said he fully understood how frustrating the website is. He explained that a couple of weeks ago changes were made to the website to make it more user friendly for UK customers - and the opposite has actually happened! Miami office are working on it and the whole section is being replaced, but he could not say when it will be fully operational again and in the meantime it is not worth trying to book shore excursions, dining packages, etc. on line.

We have plenty of time for it to be resolved before our next cruise, so no problem for us, but I know it is not helpful for the OP, who is sailing in five weeks time - although it may at least save welshfamily from wasting any more time on the website.

Edited by Suzy Smith

Welsh family,

On our return from Infinity TA, we shared transport to our day hotel with a couple who were on the phone to their daughter, who had booked and paid for a 'surprise gift' for their special anniversary.

This gift never materialised!

I then vowed not to pre - order gifts!:eek:

I have also had a lot of problems with my Celebrity account.

Sometimes it states that I dont even have a cruise booked with them, when I do.

Its good to hear all these issues may be resolved soon.

I still have a year to wait, so I know that I can not book all of the excursions and speciality dining restaurants yet anyway, but I do like to look at the website and see my cruise details!

By chance, as I was reading the latest posts on this thread, I received a 'phone call from someone in Michael Bayley's office so I could not resist repeating some of the complaints about the UK office I had just read [without mentioning any names, of course]. I specifically mentioned a family due to cruise in five weeks who was unable to book excursions because of website issues and the less than helpful attitude of the UK office when telephones.

Not sure if it will help but it certainly cannot harm.

I had a similar problem trying to pay my final balance I could log in and see my reservation but when I tried to pay I just saw a blank page. I do need to add our passport details and was thinking of booking speciality dining but may wait a little while longer till they sort things out. With regards to the gifts on our last cruise it was our wedding anniversary so I pre-ordered a decent bottle of wine to be delivered to our cabin on the day in question. It was in the cabin when we arrived, I telephoned guest services and said this was not supposed to arrive for another 3 days and they just said okay we will come and get it! The surprise was already spoilt though.

I have been having a similar problem. I can't change anything in my reservation. I can view it all but I can no longer select to edit my stateroom or purchase any shore excursions. I upgraded to an Aqua Class Cabin a while back and there was a major screw up with pricing ect when they adjusted my booking over the phone (since I couldn't do it myself online.) After about 2 hours worth of phone calls, it was sorted out and corrected.

Now I just noticed the price of our room went down again. I am not even going to call and ask for an adjustment out of fear the booking will get mixed up again. Maybe if the price drops more I will risk it...lol

Thank you for all your replies.

Project girl .. That was kind including our problems in your telephone call with Michael B's office.

This morning I received an email from Celebrity reminding me how close the cruise was and urging me to ring a Celebrity Vacation Planner on 800-556-8209 to buy a beverage package and a second email with the same American number for shore excursions.

Whilst it is nice that Celebrity know we are travelling and want to encourage pre boarding bookings it has only added to my frustrations.

Does Celebrity only care about its American guests ?

I must admit to feeling infuriated!

I have the morning free to ring Captains club and ask if they have any suggestions which may help resolve my problems........hopefully I can post later on today with a smile.

Wish me luck

Having the same sort of issues here too, trying to access my e documents so I can print them off but the are still not showing even though it says they will be ready from 49 days before the cruise (I have 41). Because of this I cannot request luggage tags which normally take a while to come through anyway. Luckily I had printed my express pass two weeks ago so at least that's done. Thought it was just me but someone on my roll call is experiencing the same. Is it just a uk thing? Never happened before. X

There are problems booking in Italy....

August 24 will go up for the first time on the Silhoutte....

I am a Platinum C & A, how can I subscribe to the corresponding category Captains select ?

thank you

Giuseppe

p.s.

I apologize for my English