Room service on disembarkation day?

Jim Henry

We cruised on the Statendam earlier this month to Alaska. Overall, an excellent cruise. The staff were very attentive, friendly and courteous, but they failed to bring room service on the day of disembarkation so we had no breakfast that morning due to our tight time schedule to get on the bus for our land portion. :(

Is there no room service available on disembarkation day? If not why did they take our food order on the door hanger menu? Or tell us not available?

We always order room service on disembarkation day, but early enough that if it does not come we could call and/or go to the lido. If it doesn't come within the "window" I would call.

I am sorry you didn't get your ordered breakfast.:( Occasionally I have found RS cards on the floor that have fallen off the door handle. I try to make our door card secure. We will be on the Statendam in November...glad to hear you otherwise enjoyed the cruise!

Karen

They do deliver it on disembarkation day but I suspect it is a busy day. I suspect they just made a mistake.

Thanks KirkNC. We asked for an early time and waited an hour, but no delivery. We were busy packing and by the time we really noticed, it was time to get to the theatre. You know... hurry up and wait. Waited in the theater about 45 minutes before we left the ship for our bus.:rolleyes:

We always order room service on disembarkation day, but early enough that if it does not come we could call and/or go to the lido. If it doesn't come within the "window" I would call.

I am sorry you didn't get your ordered breakfast.:( Occasionally I have found RS cards on the floor that have fallen off the door handle. I try to make our door card secure. We will be on the Statendam in November...glad to hear you otherwise enjoyed the cruise!

Karen

Loreto the Statendam is a fine ship. Some people like to complain about a lot of things on these forums and some bad mouth the Statendam. Sure she was built in the early 90's, but so what. It got a make over a few years ago.

Yes she shows her age in some public areas outside but the interiors and all venues are elegant. Only thing I noticed just one outlet in our interior cabin. But we got a power cord and it worked for our needs. I'm sure you will love your cruise.

On Oosterdam June 15-22, we had room service for breakfast several days during the week and it arrived during the selected time frame. On debarkation day, it didn't arrive during the requested time, but during the next half hour.

We always have breakfast in our room on disembarkation day and there has never been an issue.

Were there a lot of kids on your cruise? I seem to recall a poster once who caught a group of them going around taking the cards off the doors for fun.

This just makes me curious, if we are in a Neptune suite can we get room service on EMBARKATION day?

We did a couple of years ago on the Volendam (Alaska cruise). Even ordered from the MDR menu (had prime rib). This worked out great as my Mom traveling with us had injuried herself the day before and was not up to going to the MDR.

DaveOKC

This just makes me curious, if we are in a Neptune suite can we get room service on EMBARKATION day?

That is one of those inconsistent things that varies cruise to cruise and ship to ship.

Room Service Lunch is unlikely. Room Service nibbles at sail away/cocktail time, maybe. Speak with the concierge.

We always have breakfast in our room on disembarkation day and there has never been an issue.

Were there a lot of kids on your cruise? I seem to recall a poster once who caught a group of them going around taking the cards off the doors for fun.

No of the 1,200 plus on board only 60 children. There were a few on our deck but I guess that could of happened. BTW...I did an HAL evaluation and mentioned this. No response. Has anyone ever received a personal response from these evaluations?

I've ordered it quite often and only had a problem once on the Veendam. When I called to ask where it was I was told you can only get it between 6:30 - 7:00 or something like that. This is the first time I've ever heard that story. If that is true (not) then make note of that.

I just about always have room service breakfast on disembarkation morning, and most recently had it on the Oosterdam in May. As far as I know, there's been no change in HAL's policy on this.

The most likely explanations for your missing breakfast have been given: a simple mistake, or your hang tag was taken for someone's fun.

Yes

There is suppose to be room service on disembarkation day.

And the 2 times we ordered it on disembarkation day -- we did not get our breakfast. Both times it was the Statendam -- once in Alaska and then when our Pan/American cruise ended in San Diego.

Just trying to understand this. Am I correct in my interpretation that in all the cruising you have done you have only ordered room service breakfast for disembarkation day twice? And that both those times your room service breakfast was not delivered?

Just trying to understand this. Am I correct in my interpretation that in all the cruising you have done you have only ordered room service breakfast for disembarkation day twice? And that both those times your room service breakfast was not delivered?

I don't find it surprising that anyone has only ordered room service twice. I rarely order it myself. I can go a whole cruise and never order it. I have only had brekie in the lido maybe 4 times in my approx 400 sailing days (Princess and Hal). Some might find that odd.

We had ordered breakfast to the cabin a few other times on different ships during the cruises and did have some problems. Food was delivered on time all but once. But most times nearly everything was cold and items were wrong or missing. This was during the time when we did not have the Pinnacle Grill or King's or Queen's room for breakfast and some ships still did not have the Neptune Lounge. We just gave it up.

We have ordered breakfast on disembark day and it often runs a bit late (heavy demand of course).

As to order correctness the rest of the week, they often do miss something minor. I have learned to check my order before the steward leaves, and let him know of any issues. Normally they are very quick to return with a replacement item.

DaveOKC

Edited by DaveOKC