Just off the Gem....Questions??

BrPanthers99

Did you enjoy the cruise? I'm going in 2 weeks, I cruise a lot, but haven't been on the Gem for a couple of years.

How was everything, were the staff happy and helpful?

I had a great time. Ship had 2997 passengers but it was manageable

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did you do any excursions? How were the seas? I leave soon and I'm hoping for a smooth sailing

Went to disney and went to Atlantis. Seas were calm and the seas on the way back were mostly like glass except the last night. Lots of dolphins and flying fish!!

Crazy question....is milk available to put in bottles or should I bring my own?

There is milk in cartons at breakfast. Not sure after. You could probably either ask or get a few and put in fridge

There is milk in cartons at breakfast. Not sure after. You could probably either ask or get a few and put in fridge

Weird actually, there were two exits but there was little flexibility on which side. Walk off started at 8:15am so you could get to deck 7 earlier than that for a good start. I was surprised how many people walked off and blue tags started at 9:05 to walk off without luggage.

Happy to answer any.....

Will be going on the Gem in Sept. and here are my questions?

1) Is there a hot tub inside the spa? If so, is there a charge for using it?

2) Do they have live poker?

3) Do they have an Asian station at the buffets?

4) How are the food at the MDR?

5) Entertainments any good and must to see?

Thx!

We plan on taking our own luggage off when we disembark. Do you know which exit off the ship is best. I know on the Breakaway there was an exit that beat the crowds. Thanks!

Disembarkement? :confused:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! Lets not think THAT far ahead. Okay thank you bye.:D

I hope you had a great trip!!

Was it hard getting reservations in the Specialty Restaurants?

How was the weather?

What entertainment do you suggest?

And MOST important, Do you have any dailies to care to share?

It was not too hard getting reservations. We did it the first when we got on. It got busier as the week end on. Out ship was full at 2997 so Le bistro was overflow for MDR until 8 the first 2 days. The specialty restaurants were full on the board but not when you got there. I think they pulled staff for the MDR. I would book the first day.

Entertainment was good overall. The 70s show was good and the magician did a lot of slight of hand tricks rather than big stuff which was cool.

Weather was awesome. Captain said GSC we had the best weather all year. Water was 70 and felt great.

No dailies but I saw someone posted them from out cruise so just check the posts

Hope this answers everything

Was the Disney excursion worth it for you? So tempted to go for it but it seems like a lot of money for so little time. Thanks!

I actually did Disney. We were off the ship and on the bus at 12:15 and it takes an hour. So 1:15 we got there or so. Two buses went and the first came back at 6:30 and 2nd 7(time they left transfer station which is where they drop you off). It's $174 so it is costly. We know Epcot well so we has fun, test track was 90 min so I didn't so that. You can set up the fast pass app and you get 3 with your ticket but they give you the times and what rides. Test track was gone by 12:30. It's a fun time and it's cheaper than flying and staying but it costs a lot for the time you are there.