What am I forgetting to pack?

Travlin grrl

We're leaving in less than a week for the British Isles cruise with 3 days in London pre-cruise.

Here's some things I do have.

Passports, quarters for laundry, convertor for hotel, chargers for phone.

All my clothes are packed.

What are the must haves I'm forgetting?

Have you notified your credit card issuers that you will be out of the country and to not place a hold on your card?

Do you have copies of your ID/passport? travel documents?

Have you placed a copy of your itinerary IN your suitcase? and your contact info?

Prepay bills that may come due while you are away?

Edited by 8dimsum

Sunscreen, I was in London yesterday and it's pretty hot now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What is hot, because I'm from L.A.and 90 is hot for me. 70 is very cool.

Yes I need sunscreen no matter what the temp! Thanks for the reminder. Can I pack an aerosol in my suitcase? I use cream on my face but spray everywhere else.

Ah ok! It was 75 yesterday but I'd say with the crowds it felt much hotter. I think our summer has finally arrived!

Yes you can pack aerosol in your checked luggage.

I hope you have a great cruise and enjoy London!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Toilet seat covers. I think it's a CA thing.

Yes, it may well be a California thing (or is that Canada???) :confused:

Don't buy any. Just grab them from the aircraft and put into your carryon. Don't forget the heavy-duty cleaning of that filthy tray table you will be eating on. I always clean my hotel & cabin phones, TV remotes, etc. with the wipes from my Daughter's dental office. ;)

Yes, it may well be a California thing (or is that Canada???) :confused:

Don't buy any. Just grab them from the aircraft and put into your carryon. Don't forget the heavy-duty cleaning of that filthy tray table you will be eating on. I always clean my hotel & cabin phones, TV remotes, etc. with the wipes from my Daughter's dental office. ;)

Sorry to confuse you, I'm from California :)

I buy mine from Bed, Bath and Beyond. They sell for $.99 and they come in small packs of five.

We're leaving in less than a week for the British Isles cruise with 3 days in London pre-cruise.

Here's some things I do have.

Passports, quarters for laundry, convertor for hotel, chargers for phone.

All my clothes are packed.

What are the must haves I'm forgetting?

DH - handy for credit cards, getting coffee etc :D

What is hot, because I'm from L.A.and 90 is hot for me. 70 is very cool.

Yes I need sunscreen no matter what the temp! Thanks for the reminder. Can I pack an aerosol in my suitcase? I use cream on my face but spray everywhere else.

It was "officially" 106 here today but it read 108 on my patio. I just now came in from sitting on the front porch reading and, at 1:30 in the morning, it's still 90 degrees. Not too bad really...

I would check with the airline regarding the aerosol can. It "may" not be allowed these days. (Oh, but I despise the TSA...)

It may sound weird but I'd suggest a couple of large binder clips. They take up almost no room in your luggage and, if you clip them to the bottom of the shower curtain, you can shower without the darn shower curtain trying to make love to you. It's a small thing but it does make my cruises so much nicer.. :)

We have 2pre-cruise days in London prior to our cruise. I believe my electronics (cells, iPads) will work on the ship, but will they work in the hotel in London? If we need to purchase a converter any thoughts on where to purchase one? This is our first time out of the US and thoughts/suggestions from experienced travelers would be appreciated. Thanks.

There is light rain or showers forecast for Saturday, Sunday and Monday in London so you might want to pack a mini-umbrella. Temperatures could hit 80F on Friday but will drop to around 70F after that.

We have 2pre-cruise days in London prior to our cruise. I believe my electronics (cells, iPads) will work on the ship, but will they work in the hotel in London? If we need to purchase a converter any thoughts on where to purchase one? This is our first time out of the US and thoughts/suggestions from experienced travelers would be appreciated. Thanks.

If your devices charge using a USB cable then, as long as your USB charger is suitable for 240 volts, all you will need is an adaptor for the plug. You can buy these at most travel stores or from Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Protector-Universal-Worldwide-Charger-Adaptor/dp/B00E0FZSQC

Anything else, like hair appliances, must be able to be used with the higher voltage (they should say on them if they are dual voltage) otherwise do not use them as there is as serious danger of them overheating.

Binoculars, wind/rain jacket, $1 and $5 bills for tipping (porter, room service, drivers, etc), backpack or tote to carry stuff while allowing hands to be free.

Above all, bring sense of humor and good attitude. :)

Have you notified your credit card issuers that you will be out of the country and to not place a hold on your card?

Do you have copies of your ID/passport? travel documents?

Have you placed a copy of your itinerary IN your suitcase? and your contact info?

Prepay bills that may come due while you are away?

Yes,yes and yes. Actually my itinerary and tickets etc are all in a binder and in a carry on.

Here's another question...do you carry your passport on land or the copies of the passport on land?

I'm still working on prepaying bills. Thank you online banking.

Make sure you have British money(Pounds). I usually get some before I leave

so I can take a cab from airport on arrival.

Travel scale- don't want to come home paying a huge charge for overweight luggage.

Outlet in bathroom on the ship is only for shavers, don't plug anything else in there.

This may sound ridiculous, but it really does solve a pet peeve of mine. If you are not in a suite with a bath tub, remember to take large binder clips to put on the bottom of the shower curtain. This keeps it from clinging to your body while you are showering.

Also, bring a few really heavy duty magnetic clips. Use them on the walls as hanging areas for clothes, etc.

Have a great cruise.

Pooh

If I remember correctly ... Is there only one outlet in the cabin? One was on the desk and I can't remember if the other was in the bathroom.

That's a good one..

Look behind the TV. Since they put in the flat screens there's loads of extra space and sometimes an extra electrical socket for your power strip. When there isn't an extra socket, simply plug the TV into the strip.

Make sure you have British money(Pounds). I usually get some before I leave

so I can take a cab from airport on arrival.

Travel scale- don't want to come home paying a huge charge for overweight luggage.

Outlet in bathroom on the ship is only for shavers, don't plug anything else in there.

ATMs in the UK airports have been reliable for us, just make sure you tell your bank about your travel plans.

Travel scale ++++++ somehow the calibration of my "arm lift" is all out of whack. We won't leave home without one.

The bathroom outlet will handle small things like a toothbrush charger or a phone charger. It will NOT handle a regular WaterPik (don't ask how I know).

Finally, I suggest you bring some magnetic clips and/or hooks. Clips can be used to post all the "necessary" papers with which Princess bombards you and the hooks (strong ones) can hang all sorts of stuff which you might need quick access to,

Edited by beg3yrs