would you move?

hockeyluver

Right now i am booked in a "L" cabin with the extended balcony. I am going with a cruise virgin so she doesnt know one cabin from another :p

we can move from that cabin to a pack and go rate and each get $120 OBC

dont know what to do, she said its up to me lol geeee thanks lol:p

It depends on the ship and the location of the pack and go rate cabin. You may end up under/over something noisy with the new cabin and not be able to sleep, so it's a toss up.

If it's an older ship without specialty restaurants, I'd pass unless you are big drinkers. Otherwise, it might be worth it for the nicer ships with the amazing dining experiences.

LOL now you know why i cant decide!!! I have been in the "L" a few times myself, we are doing the 5 day victory Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Nassau.

Edited by hockeyluver

LOL now you know why i cant decide!!! I have been in the "L" a few times myself, we are doing the 5 day victory Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Nassau.

For that short of a cruise I'd take the OBC. MOVE

Edited by Boozebabe

Since you have a cruise virgin traveling with you, I would take the OBC. You don't want them to start off with the nicer cabin. They will be disappointed for anything less on future cruises.

No way.

We would not move.

Love big balconies.

Love being able to actually move around on it vs. folding into human origami to even sit on it.

The cruise virgin will see what the regulars look like and think how smart and awesome you are for scoring a great balcony for their 1st cruise :D

Edited by silvercrikhix

Since you have a cruise virgin traveling with you, I would take the OBC. You don't want them to start off with the nicer cabin. They will be disappointed for anything less on future cruises.

Yep, I agree. My first cruise was a balcony, and the following two cruises felt kind of subpar because we had to get inside cabins. Wish I could have done it the other way around.

I'm more or less set in determining my cabin location, but when the pack-n-go rates popped up, I decided to let go my IS cabin for a guarantee balcony. I know its a gamble, but since we're night owls, its not going to matter much to us the location. Worst area in my opinion would be over/near the nightclub, but we're usually in there til it closes, and on the Sunshine its not open every night, so I think we'll be OK with the guarantee on this cruise.

Carnival is making this decision even harder :eek: just got a price drop on the balcony we have, the gty balcony price didnt drop..... now it would only be $90 obc each.....

price protection form wasnt working tried a couple different browsers so I had to call it in. Guess I will keep watching and see what happens. Thanks for all the advice.

I wouldn't move. I've actually used the 24 hr hold 45 times in a row to hold that cabin, waiting for the lower deposit sales. Ended up with a suite instead, but had it not been a free upgrade, I would never let it go

I wouldn't move. I've actually used the 24 hr hold 45 times in a row to hold that cabin, waiting for the lower deposit sales. Ended up with a suite instead, but had it not been a free upgrade, I would never let it go

I wouldn't move either. The larger cabin and balcony gives you more space and a larger buffer zone if needed with the newbie. First impressions with a better cabin are also worth more than downgrading now and moving up later. What's $90 anyway? Ain't worth giving up the comfort and added space.

How much time would you & your friend spend on the balcony? If it were DH & me cruising, I'd keep the bigger balcony at any cost. With a friend or my sisters, I can't see us spending that much time in the cabin or on the balcony. It depends on how much time you plan to spend there.

We just did the "L" Cabin on the Sunshine. We loved it. This upcoming cruise we have an AFT Balcony on the Sunshine, We have never done that type of cabin before, but it has been on my list of things to do. Although I could save money and get a regular balcony, my desire to try the aft is stronger than the few hundred dollars we will save.

I understand what many are saying about your friend starting with a "L" cabin. We started with an inside, then oceanview, then two more insides before our first balcony. I looked at it as earning our first balcony. We still get inside cabins when we sail the Fantasy class. Those cruises are laid back, need a nap cruise and nothing beats a nap in an inside cabin when at sea.

• 2 weeks later...

You need to ask yourself 2 questions:

Are you willing to give up your large balcony for $200?

and

Are you willing to be put anywhere on the ship (including high traffic areas and by elevators)?

If the answer is yes, to both questions, than do it. If not then enjoy your "L".

Ok I did it after having a long discussion with my PVP, I gave up my "L" extended balcony for the pack and go rate. I have had this balcony many times when cruising with hubby and friends. The $100 each OBC is going to buy us lots of DOD's

We are now back to paying the original rate we paid for our inside cabin :D

now to play the waiting game......

Edited by hockeyluver

My first cruise was on an "L" balcony. I loved it. But due to my discomfort with crowds, I would never cruise without a balcony though. I need my own space.

And I see my post was late. Anyway, enjoy your trip OP! Have a DOD for me!

Edited by Ciardasully

I would never let Carnival pick room for me! I'd be worried it'd be in a very noisy place. I'm not a night owl, and don't party all night long, and enjoy my quiet sleep, if I was near something very noisy, I'd be very upset. And noone to blame but myself for doing a Guarantee room. Worth the extra to know where my room is. So I guess you just have to decide if that's important to you.