Another Main Dining Room Dress Code Question

We are newbies cruising to the Bahamas on RCI this summer. I read the thread regarding whether it's appropriate to wear a dressy polo shirt to the MDR.

What I like to know is whether it is also appropriate for my husband to wear jeans on the less formal nights? Certainly, he'd wear a nice shirt as well; he would never show up in shorts, a t-shirt and flip flops.

We are newbies cruising to the Bahamas on RCI this summer. I read the thread regarding whether it's appropriate to wear a dressy polo shirt to the MDR.

What I like to know is whether it is also appropriate for my husband to wear jeans on the less formal nights? Certainly, he'd wear a nice shirt as well; he would never show up in shorts, a t-shirt and flip flops.

No problem

This just made my day. We really enjoyed our two Disney cruises and the "casual" atmosphere in the dining rooms. When on vacation DH doesn't like to "dress up" every night and prefers to be comfortable in nice jeans and nice shirts .. I like not having to shop for dress clothes that will only get worn once a year on a cruise.

This just made my day. We really enjoyed our two Disney cruises and the "casual" atmosphere in the dining rooms. When on vacation DH doesn't like to "dress up" every night and prefers to be comfortable in nice jeans and nice shirts .. I like not having to shop for dress clothes that will only get worn once a year on a cruise.

While I have no problem at all with jeans on casual nights, I just don't understand what makes heavy jeans more comfortable than say lightweight dockers on a Caribbean or Bahamas cruise. We only bring them to Alaska or Canada/NE and just for excursions.

While I have no problem at all with jeans on casual nights, I just don't understand what makes heavy jeans more comfortable than say lightweight dockers on a Caribbean or Bahamas cruise. We only bring them to Alaska or Canada/NE and just for excursions.

I would guess that they don't plan on wearing them on deck in the middle of the day or on any shore excursions.

To me, jeans don't feel any heavier than dockers.:D While my husband would not wear them in the Caribbean during the day , on ship or in port, the MDR & other indoor areas are kind of cool in the evenings so they feel as comfortable as any other pair of pants.

Sherri:)