Just off Enchantment. Any questions??

Hi! A few hours ago my Enchantment Cruise ended and I am spending a few days in Orlando. If anyone has any questions please let me know and I will see if I can help! This was my first cruise and CC was such an invaluable resource during my planning and I would love to pass that on, even with my limited knowledge ;)

I will be posting a full trip report with pictures once I return home which will include some of the compasses and drink menus. I may have some of the pictures on my phone if anyone has any specific questions about those.

What restaurants/dining rooms did you eat in? Any recommendations for quiet areas of ship to zone out? And did you do on port of call stops? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did My Time Dinning for some lunches and dinner, Windjammer, and room service. Never made it to Park Cafe and knew ahead of time we wouldn't be doing Chops. We did noticed that the last night of the cruise that the Windjammer seemed to have some of the same items as the Main Dinning Room had for dinner. I wasn't a fan of room service breakfast so after the first morning we just got coffee and juice then went to one of the restaurants later. Lunch at the Windjammer was a mad house so I would suggest going early or late.

Our favorite quiet spot was the Viking Lounge! It seemed like no one knew it was there. We hung out there for sail away and many other times. Great views, quiet, and great AC. They won't allow you to bring food up there but there is a bar for drinks.

Sadly we missed Cococay because of bad storms. In Nassau we checked out Graycliff and did the chocolate and cigar tours, John Watlings for the rum distillery, spent a few hours on Junkanoo beach and then went back to the ship for dinner and showers. In the evening we took the sunset cruise we booked through RCI and loved it. If you have specific questions about any of the things we did let me know and I can go into more detail!

Did you go to any of the shows? What were the evening activities like? Thanks

We didn't go to any of the main productions but we saw the Battle of the Sexes and Love and Marriage game show. We thought they were hilarious!!!! They are rated PG13 for sure. There was a lot going on at night depending on what your interests are. The night of Nassau there was a really fun sail away party starting at 11 pm with a buffet, dancing, and a DJ. We went to the deck above the pool for a great night of people watching.

Can't wait for your review! We are planning similar activities in Nassau on Enchantment in December minus the beach. I was wondering how the sunset catamaran sail was. We love those and $35 looked like a good deal and a fun thing to do before dinner.

Can't wait for your review! We are planning similar activities in Nassau on Enchantment in December minus the beach. I was wondering how the sunset catamaran sail was. We love those and $35 looked like a good deal and a fun thing to do before dinner.

For 35 we loved it! The champagne was cheap and the snack was a bag of Wise potato chips that most people didn't even take but that didn't bother uso. I have tried a few times to post pics but it won't work from my phone. The views were amazing and there were only about 20 people on it. Just as an FYI a few people complained about the walk from the ship to the catamaran. We thought it was fine but other people thought that they deserved an air conditioned bus :rolleyes:

We did My Time Dinning for some lunches and dinner, Windjammer, and room service. Never made it to Park Cafe and knew ahead of time we wouldn't be doing Chops. We did noticed that the last night of the cruise that the Windjammer seemed to have some of the same items as the Main Dinning Room had for dinner. I wasn't a fan of room service breakfast so after the first morning we just got coffee and juice then went to one of the restaurants later. Lunch at the Windjammer was a mad house so I would suggest going early or late.

Our favorite quiet spot was the Viking Lounge! It seemed like no one knew it was there. We hung out there for sail away and many other times. Great views, quiet, and great AC. They won't allow you to bring food up there but there is a bar for drinks.

Sadly we missed Cococay because of bad storms. In Nassau we checked out Graycliff and did the chocolate and cigar tours, John Watlings for the rum distillery, spent a few hours on Junkanoo beach and then went back to the ship for dinner and showers. In the evening we took the sunset cruise we booked through RCI and loved it. If you have specific questions about any of the things we did let me know and I can go into more detail!

You missed eating at our 2 favorite spots! We LOVE Park Cafe for breakfast and for lunch, the roast beef sandwiches are amazing!

You missed eating at our 2 favorite spots! We LOVE Park Cafe for breakfast and for lunch, the roast beef sandwiches are amazing!

That's what I have heard! I honestly don't know how we missed it. Next time!

Edited by Melicious23

We just got off Enchantment as well. We had Breakfast and Dinner in the dining room and lunch at Park Café. I like how low key and easy lunch is back there (or is it up there, my husband had to keep telling me which end of the ship we were at!) We did do one lunch in the WJ one time but all the tongs sitting on top of the food after each person touched them was more than I wanted to experience.

We went to most of the shows - and loved them all. The juggler guy (checkered man, or something like that) was very funny and we liked the comedian too. I think maybe they switched ships in port since we never saw checkered man before the port or the comedian after the port. Love and marriage was pretty good - not as funny as some I've seen. The final night late show (I forget what it is called) was very funny but not PG at all. Lots of swapping of clothes or just taking them off. A very uninhibited group - and lots of laughs.

We did Jet Skis on Paradise Island that the kids loved and hung out at the beautiful beach. We also did a walking tour of Nassau and, surprisingly, everyone loved it and was glad they did it. I planned it and was expecting a lot of complaining. The kids learned to haggle and I think that might be one of their favorite memories. One of them got a good price, the other one I am pretty sure could have done better - but I didn't tell her! :) She started off by saying "your prices are better than theirs - they wanted $15". LOL

Edited by 4-me

We just booked today for August. We are going to Disney for 3 nights then the Enchantment the remainder. By any chance has anyone rented a car from the Port? If so which company did you use . Also how convenient was it to do it this way? It seems this is the most economical way to get ourselves a family of 5 back to the Airport after the cruise.

We just booked today for August. We are going to Disney for 3 nights then the Enchantment the remainder. By any chance has anyone rented a car from the Port? If so which company did you use . Also how convenient was it to do it this way? It seems this is the most economical way to get ourselves a family of 5 back to the Airport after the cruise.

We have used Avis several times, and I know that Hertz and Budget also have free shuttles to/from the port.

Dennis & Sue Here From the Charleston, SC area.

The Enchantment 3 and 4 day cruises out of Port Canaveral are our favorite getaways. A half days drive and we are there.

We've sailed the Sovereign 3 times, Monarch 11 times and Enchantment 5 times to the Bahamas out of Port Canaveral since 2007... We've visited Nassau 26 times and CoCo Cay 19 times.

We really enjoy the Enchantment, for a seventeen year old ship that sails with up to 4,800 passengers each week, we think She's great...

I've got to mention the New Years Eve Cruise on Enchantment...

We did this cruise December 30, 2013, New Years Eve in CoCO Cay and New Years Day in Nassau...

The Enchantment knows how to Party on New Years Eve. Parties about the Ship for any taste, they had two combined bands in the Centrum doing Pop/Rock. They had a Latin band in Boleros, They had the Ship's Ochestra doing Big Band music in the Spotlight Lounge and a Pianist in the Schooner Bar. Every host/hostess started bringing out trays of complimentary Champaign about 11:45pm. There was a Buffet on the Pool Deck at 12:15am and if you were wondering what was happening in the Viking Crown Lounge, well, they started a Disco Party about 12:15AM (The First Party of 2014) that went, I'm Told, until 5AM... Reyno, the Concierge, had a party in his lounge too...

The Enchantment is just a FUN ship.

Dennis & Sue...

30192-profile.png

We just got off the Enchantment too! Had a great time. Truly better than we expected. LOVED Park Cafe and the entire Solarium ambiance. I'm planning on writing a mini review as well to highlight the superlatives of this cruise. There were many! :)

About missing Coco Cay: This was the only thing that was mildly irritating. NOT because we missed it, but because of how the information was disseminated. We were mentally prepared to miss this port long before we got to the port. We knew that a hurricane was forming just north of that area, and the forecast for the Berry Islands was calling for 30 knot winds, 20 foot waves and heavy rain before we left. I remember telling my wife the day before the cruise: "I bet that we are not going to Coco Cay and we end up docked in Nassau overnight", which we did.

But it made me scratch my head when we boarded the ship and they were still hyping and getting people excited about Coco Cay and the fabulous day ahead. Made me wonder if the forecast that I read was wrong although the Captain did briefly mention an area of weather that we'd sail through to get to Coco Cay.

But sure enough, we woke up to heavy rain, lightning, choppy seas and strong winds. And that's when they finally made the announcement, at our scheduled arrival time, that we were not going to Coco Cay and all excursions would be refunded. As if the weather had just sneaked up on them at the last minute and surprised them. :confused:

I fully understand missing a port due to weather and I know that it's just part of cruising (it wouldn't be the first time I've missed a port), but what I don't understand is waiting until arrival time to inform people about what they knew all along, before we even departed Port Canaveral.

As mentioned before, not a big deal, just mildly irritating. We still had an awesome time on this cruise. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

Tapi - we were the same way - we told the kids not to expect to go to Coco Cay and that we would still have fun onboard. But then everywhere we went - they hyped Coco Cay like they fully expected to go! Then the day after - the TV broadcast from the cruise and activity directory went on and on about what a beautiful day it was at Coco Cay and that the Captain did a great job getting us there safely. Clearly pre-recorded, but kind of like salt in the wound. Seems they would have a backup plan of something to broadcast when they don't go to Coco Cay.

But - getting to Nassau early and having an extra day was a lot of fun for us. We did our basic exploring that day and then our activities the next. We did hit the weather jackpot in Nassau - it was beautiful. Amazing the difference between the two places.

We will be on our first trip on Enchantment in December. Our three day cruise is only in Nassau from 7-3. If we miss Cococay, will we spend more time in Nassau? Also, are the windjammer, park cafe, Viking lounge, and main dining room all kid friendly? Our toddler will be travelling with us. Thanks for all of the information and I look forward to reading your full report!

We will be on our first trip on Enchantment in December. Our three day cruise is only in Nassau from 7-3. If we miss Cococay, will we spend more time in Nassau? Also, are the windjammer, park cafe, Viking lounge, and main dining room all kid friendly? Our toddler will be travelling with us. Thanks for all of the information and I look forward to reading your full report!

Are you sure you were looking at the itinerary correctly? I've taken a three day Enchantment (Monarch before that and Sovereign before Monarch) itinerary many times and we have always arrived in Nassau around noon and departed around 11:30 PM.

Every time we have missed Coco Cay we have always had a sea day. Our three day itinerary has us stopping in Nassau on Saturday and then Coco Cay on Sunday. In all of our cases, we can't get to Nassau early as we have left Nassau the day before.

All the venues on the ship except the solarium, are kid friendly. Children are generally not permitted in the solarium and solarium pool, but they are certainly permitted in the park café which is located in the solarium. (I know, seems a little contradictory, but children are welcome at the park café.)

There are a few entertainment events that are not kid friendly. The cruise director and even the activity sheet, will let you know.

Enjoy m

We just got off the Enchantment too! Had a great time. Truly better than we expected. LOVED Park Cafe and the entire Solarium ambiance. I'm planning on writing a mini review as well to highlight the superlatives of this cruise. There were many! :)

About missing Coco Cay: This was the only thing that was mildly irritating. NOT because we missed it, but because of how the information was disseminated. We were mentally prepared to miss this port long before we got to the port. We knew that a hurricane was forming just north of that area, and the forecast for the Berry Islands was calling for 30 knot winds, 20 foot waves and heavy rain before we left. I remember telling my wife the day before the cruise: "I bet that we are not going to Coco Cay and we end up docked in Nassau overnight", which we did.

But it made me scratch my head when we boarded the ship and they were still hyping and getting people excited about Coco Cay and the fabulous day ahead. Made me wonder if the forecast that I read was wrong although the Captain did briefly mention an area of weather that we'd sail through to get to Coco Cay.

But sure enough, we woke up to heavy rain, lightning, choppy seas and strong winds. And that's when they finally made the announcement, at our scheduled arrival time, that we were not going to Coco Cay and all excursions would be refunded. As if the weather had just sneaked up on them at the last minute and surprised them. :confused:

I fully understand missing a port due to weather and I know that it's just part of cruising (it wouldn't be the first time I've missed a port), but what I don't understand is waiting until arrival time to inform people about what they knew all along, before we even departed Port Canaveral.

As mentioned before, not a big deal, just mildly irritating. We still had an awesome time on this cruise. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I agree that was a little irritating. I was woken up by the thunder and assumed we wouldn't be making it to the port. We had room service scheduled for 7 am and the person who delivered it told us we would be skipping Coco Cay. It wasn't till a while later that the announcement was made.

About the announcements - It was also a little annoying that they can't be heard in your room. I know I wouldn't want every announcement played in the room (Especially Bingo Bingo Bingo!!!) but I think the plans to miss a port would be important enough to play. I was able to faintly catch the announcement since I am a light sleeper and had to prop open the door in my underwear to hear it lol.

I was on a 4 day and we skipped Coco Cay and got to Nassau at 3 pm and stayed till 11:30 pm the following day. I'm not sure how it works on the 3 day.

I feel all of those places are kid friendly. The only thing I have to say, and I mean no offense, is that we loved the Viking Lounge because of how quiet and peaceful it was and I believe everyone else in there felt the same. Most people were having hushed conversations or were reading. You may get some looks if your toddler is not quiet. I don't have kids yet myself but I know sometimes toddlers aren't good at sitting still and being quiet lol. But then again it is your vacation so of that's where you want to spend time then by all means please do! That is just my general feel about that lounge when we were in it. It was my first cruise so I am only speaking from limited experience.

Are you sure you were looking at the itinerary correctly? I've taken a three day Enchantment (Monarch before that and Sovereign before Monarch) itinerary many times and we have always arrived in Nassau around noon and departed around 11:30 PM.

Every time we have missed Coco Cay we have always had a sea day. Our three day itinerary has us stopping in Nassau on Saturday and then Coco Cay on Sunday. In all of our cases, we can't get to Nassau early as we have left Nassau the day before.

All the venues on the ship except the solarium, are kid friendly. Children are generally not permitted in the solarium and solarium pool, but they are certainly permitted in the park café which is located in the solarium. (I know, seems a little contradictory, but children are welcome at the park café.)

There are a few entertainment events that are not kid friendly. The cruise director and even the activity sheet, will let you know.

Enjoy m

Thank you for all of the info! I double checked our itinerary. We stop at Cococay first on Saturday and are in Nassau on Sunday. It's weird right? Maybe if we can't go to Cococay they will continue to Nassau early (or I'll hope).

Also, if the Viking Lounge is more of a quiet place, I will probably keep my toddler out of there lol. I don't like disturbing others and am sure there's a ton of other areas I can entertain him.

Thanks for all of your help!!!

when are you sailing?

thanks,

m

December 12th... when I look online I thought we were in port midday to midnight. I got a confirmation email that says we are there from 7-3. I haven't seen anyone else mention sailing Enchantment and having our itinerary though. I guess it's possible it may change as the sailing gets closer?