Bedtime Chocolates

british betty

We, too, bring them home as little reminders of a good time. I adored the flavored ones of the past. The Belgian ones taste like wax to me. I'm wondering if they're even made in Belgium. After all not all Swiss cheese is made in Switzerland. The last few nights of our recent Baltics cruise, we got little 10gr Milka milk chocolate bars, which were nice.

I bring them home in a zip lock bag as well. We dole them out sparingly... I definitely prefer the Belgian chocolates, but I found a piece of Cova chocolate hiding in my freezer...we split it, still so good

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How recent? We were on Summit the week of 5/25 and we got chocolates.

We were in a balcony cabin on the June 15 cruise. Could they be giving out chocolates to only upper end cabins?

We were in a balcony cabin on the June 15 cruise. Could they be giving out chocolates to only upper end cabins?

A friend just back from an Aqua cabin on the Summit reported no chocolates, either. :(

I for one would not want a chocolate covered Oreo. They are nothing like UK biscuits I find them bitter and hope this is not fleet wide.

I would far rather have a chocolate than canapés. Perhaps we could have a choice.:D

Celebrity seem to be developing a dislike of Chocolate. First they got rid of the stand of chocolates and sweets delivered to each table with coffee on formal nights. Then the chocolate buffet and the box of cafe cova chocolate thins. Now

it seems like the turn down chocolates may be on their out.

Has Chocolate do something to offend Celebrity?

It's a shame if Celebrity are continue to cut these little luxuries or is that what

' Modern Luxury ' means .........less is more!

Please think again Celebrity.

I for one would not want a chocolate covered Oreo. They are nothing like UK biscuits I find them bitter and hope this is not fleet wide.

I would far rather have a chocolate than canapés. Perhaps we could have a choice.:D

Celebrity seem to be developing a dislike of Chocolate. First they got rid of the stand of chocolates and sweets delivered to each table with coffee on formal nights. Then the chocolate buffet and the box of cafe cova chocolate thins. Now

it seems like the turn down chocolates may be on their out.

Has Chocolate do something to offend Celebrity?

It's a shame if Celebrity are continue to cut these little luxuries or is that what

I think the idea is to see how many "little luxuries" they can cut (and make no mistake - this is a cost cutting measure) before people start searching for other lines to sail. :(

It's just kind of sad....... :(

It's a shame us passengers simply refuse to pay higher fares in order to keep these luxurious amenities, therefore they have to remove them as they offer perks and discounted cabin fares over time that we as passengers and consumers are seeking.

We as passengers are speaking with our tightened wallets and checkbooks that we prefer cheaper cabin fares than the little luxuries. Those that still want the luxuries and are willing to pay for them are sailing on the lines that cost considerably more for a cabin like Azamara.

Modern luxury no longer involves chocolates on pillows (that was "traditional luxury"), it involves reasonably priced cruise fares and al a-la-carte menu of enhancements for purchase, include upgrading to suits that offer enhanced amenities, at a higher cabin fare.

I think the idea is to see how many "little luxuries" they can cut (and make no mistake - this is a cost cutting measure) before people start searching for other lines to sail. :(

It's just kind of sad....... :(

Unfortunately, as long as we continue to book their cruises, they will continue on whatever path they choose to take. And if we look elsewhere, they will just find others (who don't know what Celebrity was like in the past) to take our places, and those new to Celebrity will be none the wiser. It is the way of the world and, I agree, it is rather sad. :(

When the water pitchers, ice, flowers, and chocolates on the pillows at night were something we took for granted (depending on cabin selection) we felt Celebrity treated us well and looked forward to that treatment. Once you had to start requesting ice service and the rest started disappearing, they no longer felt like a "step above" the rest of the mass market lines. Even taking away something as small as the cotton ball and Q-tip containers in the bathrooms, and replacing them as they did, really cheapened the experience.

If there is a chocolate on my pillow, I look at it as a bonus. If it's there great, if not, that's ok also.... but I would miss my towel animal. I look forward to that every night. :D

Well then, you may be disappointed with Celebrity. They are (were) much more into chocolate on the pillow than towel animals. I seriously doubt you will see one every night - maybe one or two.....:)

We, too, bring them home as little reminders of a good time. I adored the flavored ones of the past. The Belgian ones taste like wax to me. I'm wondering if they're even made in Belgium. After all not all Swiss cheese is made in Switzerland. The last few nights of our recent Baltics cruise, we got little 10gr Milka milk chocolate bars, which were nice.

The "Belgian" chocolates are made in Canada! They are/were a poor substitute for the flavoured ones they replaced.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

I highly doubt anyone is "stressing" over it, and I'd hope we're all here to help each other with their questions. I know I am :)

As others have mentioned, (and on Eclipse in April), Celebrity was offering a square belgium chocolate, which were absolutely delicious. We liked them much better than the flavored ones, but that's a personal preference.

IMO, nothing beats the Cova chocolates that Celebrity offered years ago.

I'm with you Andy ~~ I really miss the Cova chocolates.

Shirley

Reading this reminded me of some back-to-back cruises we took a while ago where we had a suite on the first leg and a regular balcony cabin on the second.

We were surprised that we never received any bedtime chocolates in the suite, but it was no big deal and we never mentioned it, thinking they had just changed the policy. It was not like we really wanted or needed them.

Then to our surprise, we received them every night on the next leg in the regular cabin. Go figure.

Edited by fleckle

On our recent Reflection TA they kindly left us chocolates every night but they were Belgian Milk Chocolate not the flavoured ones.

Does anyone know if this is the same for all of the ships as we will be on the Constellation in a few months and I am rather partial to the ginger flavoured chocolate that we have had on the other ships

We hated the flavored ones, we always brought them home to give away --- love the Belgium chocolate.

It is a bear to make us all happy! Maybe that's why RCI got rid of them entirely ;)

I can't eat them also give them away or we just ask the cabin steward not to give us one.....:D