Dining Reservations Glitch

I went in to my reservation for Brilliance on October 5th. I wanted to make my MTD and specialty restaurant reservations now. They open 90 days before sailing. (so it should have been open for 2 days now)

The Pre Cruise Planner is telling me it is not available. I called in and the agents at Royal cannot access it either. I saw someone mention on FB that their cruise is having the same issue.

All other cruise planner areas are up and functioning (shore excursions and things). Just the dining reservations are glitching. Is anyone else having this problem???

Edited by smileyperry

I went in to my reservation for Brilliance on October 5th. I wanted to make my MTD and specialty restaurant reservations now. They open 90 days before sailing. (so it should have been open for 2 days now)

The Pre Cruise Planner is telling me it is not available. I called in and the agents at Royal cannot access it either. I saw someone mention on FB that their cruise is having the same issue.

All other cruise planner areas are up and functioning (shore excursions and things). Just the dining reservations are glitching. Is anyone else having this problem???

Dining reservations do not uniformly open at 90 days. There's no set time. Just keep checking periodically.

Well my invoice states that MTD opens 3 months out. I also received an email telling me I can reserve everything now...

DiningFinePrint2_zpsf15b9330.jpg

and

DiningFinePrint_zps249bebf4.jpg

Never had an issue on the last 8 Royal Caribbean cruises where I had MTD. It always opened at 90 days for me. This is why I think there is an issue. and yes I am crazy about doing things very early!

Edited by smileyperry

Well my invoice states that MTD opens 3 months out. I also received an email telling me I can reserve everything now...

Not doubting your previous experiences, but I get emails from Royal telling me I can book things on cruises that I don't even have booked.

Not doubting your previous experiences, but I get emails from Royal telling me I can book things on cruises that I don't even have booked.

Too funny! Maybe that's a new marketing strategy..

BTW - I enjoy reading your posts - they are concise and precise and witty.

Just received an e mail for our Freedom cruise to book shore excursions in St. Kitts and St. Thomas. Only problem is we are going to Labadee, San Juan and St. Maarten.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Just received an e mail for our Freedom cruise to book shore excursions in St. Kitts and St. Thomas. Only problem is we are going to Labadee, San Juan and St. Maarten.

Wow, they are really in dire need of competent database programmers.

Never had an issue on the last 8 Royal Caribbean cruises where I had MTD. It always opened at 90 days for me. This is why I think there is an issue. and yes I am crazy about doing things very early!

Well I received that same email 5 times already for our November cruise and still cannot book our dinning. 2 years ago on our Allure cruise it opened about 120 days before.

I've had nothing but problems trying to book anything on my September 1st Vision sailing. It still won't book any dining, there are shore excursions listed for ports were not visiting, and it only lists excursions for one of our three days in Bermuda.

In calling, I've spent hours on hold, gotten disconnected, and have received the worst service ever from people who either are not empowered to do anything about it, or simply don't care. Very disappointing.

I think the other person was me!!

Still got problems. UK Complaints said it is a big glitch with the web site and they are working on it.

They told me that they could not access it and to "Keep trying" because it will be fixed one day.

Just off the Adventure after cruising the Baltic.

I had spent a long time choosing my dining times for the 12 days depending on whether we were at sea or in port. Many of them were for 7.30pm.

I had them confirmed and printed the sheet off but when I went for dinner the first night they said that all my times were void and they could only offer me 6.30pm or 9pm.

Even showing the printed sheet made no difference. I eventually got 6.45pm every night which turned out to be fine but I was annoyed that they wouldn't honour our original times.

Speaking of the RCL website glitches, I cannot make a payment on my cruise. Ended up having to call (and wait 45 minutes) to give our credit card.

When I log in to "My Cruises" on the website, I get the following message:

Please note: Cruise or Cruisetour reservations with Onboard Credit(s) can only be modified by calling 866-562-7625. You can, however, complete your Online Check-in and make reservations using our Cruise Planner. Is this the normal message that's shown if you have an OBC? I'm thinking that may be why I can't actually make a payment .. I've never noticed any message before but then again, I don't think I've ever had an OBC on any of our cruises with Royal Caribbean. :(

Edited by hancogran

Dining reservations are open for my 10/12/2014 Allure cruise, however, I also have been having nothing but trouble with the reservation process. After spending much time picking out times and trying to reserve with others sailing with us, I get a message that pretty much says "while you were trying to plan your vacation, the website went on the vacation". This has been going on since it opened last Friday. I also noticed that the dining packages like the Chef's Table Package or the Central Park Dinner Package can't be reserved online. No Rita's Fiesta either. They have made a mess of this new website...very sad!!

Edited by Peacemkr59