Regarding drink packages

Caroldoll

I am sorry to sound so stupid, but we usually cruise Oceania. Does Princess have drink packages?

1. How much per day?

2. Can we buy it on board?

Thanks, you all have been so kind to us.

I am sorry to sound so stupid, but we usually cruise Oceania. Does Princess have drink packages?

1. How much per day?

Here's a link to the Princess drink packages...alcoholic & non-alcoholic:

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/cellars_culinarydelights/princess_cellars/index.jsp

You can pre-order & pay in advance or can purchase onboard. :)

1. How much per day?

I fail to see how asking a valid question in a civil manner ranks you as "stupid"! Isn't that why most of us are here - to ask and to learn and to help others?

If the link provided fails to answer all of your questions please return to this thread for further clarification.

I fail to see how asking a valid question in a civil manner ranks you as "stupid"! Isn't that why most of us are here - to ask and to learn and to help others?

If the link provided fails to answer all of your questions please return to this thread for further clarification.

Right On! :D

I have learn so much by reading CC that my wife refers to me as : "Mr. Know It All!" :p

I believe that is a compliment? :confused:

Edited by RetiredNTraveling

I will go on line and try to order it now.
You will have to call Princess or fax them your order. The package cannot be purchased online at this time, as far as I can tell.

If you tell us which cruise you are on (departure port/itinerary), people here may be able to tell you if there is any real benefit to pre-purchasing. The main concern is that local sales tax may be added to the cost of the package if purchased onboard before sailaway. (So far I have not seen any actual reports of this happening to anyone with the all-inclusive bar package, but it could happen.) Personally, I prefer to wait until I'm onboard so that I can decide at the last minute if the package is a good idea for that cruise or not. Depends on how I'm feeling, how the weather forecast looks, etc., stuff that no one knows far in advance.

can you buy the package just for last few days and then you only pay for a few days?
No, I've only seen it offered for purchase on the first two days of the cruise, and you have to pay for the whole cruise. If you don't buy it until day 2, I'm not sure exactly what happens with your bar bill from day 1.

No pro rating allowed, you must buy it for the entire cruise.

Same with the soda sticker and the Ultimate drink package.

Princess isn't crazy! Imagine if you could buy the package for only certain days or perhaps only for sea days. What a deal that would be - for the passengers. For Princess? Not so much. They offer the package as a way to make money while making it more convenient for the passengers. Still, wouldn't it be nice to be able to purchase it on a day by day basis? :)

England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. The drink packages seem to be way less than Oceania, and I see Princess charges for sodas and coffees, right? For this reason, it might be worth it. However, one night we will have dinner in the castle at Edinburgh and would not use any liquor that day as we do not drink alcohol during the day. We may elect to skip it..not sure. Always love to hear the opinions of others though.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...php?p=42692663

Here's the link to an excel spreadsheet that somebody very kindly set up so people could see of it's worth them taking up the Ultimate Drink package. I think there's an update coming in the next couple of weeks but, in the meantime, this should give you a good idea.

Just go to to post #1, click on the attached file link & it will download to your pc

However, one night we will have dinner in the castle at Edinburgh and would not use any liquor that day as we do not drink alcohol during the day. We may elect to skip it..not sure.
If you only drink alcohol in the evening, and you already know that you won't drink at all on at least one day of your itinerary, the package is probably not a good deal for you. It would be very difficult to drink enough soda, juice, and coffee to break even!

There are other ways to save money on drinks: carrying on your own wine, ordering bottles of wine or liquor for your stateroom, beer buckets, coffee card, … You might look into some of those. You won't pay anywhere near the cost of the all-inclusive package.

I just learned something. I didn't realize they were now offering the drink package on the two small ships. I was about to tell the OP that it wasn't offered on their Ocean Princess cruise and then I took another look at the Princess website. ;)

We had the package on the Emerald in the Caribbean in April. Although it was certainly convenient (and we are decent drinkers :D) I don't think we got our money's worth. I think it works best if you either drink a lot of alcohol everyday of the cruise or use it also for a lot of the other non-alcoholic options.

I couldn't imagine getting our money's worth on a port intensive European cruise.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...php?p=42692663

Here's the link to an excel spreadsheet that somebody very kindly set up so people could see of it's worth them taking up the Ultimate Drink package. I think there's an update coming in the next couple of weeks but, in the meantime, this should give you a good idea.

Just go to to post #1, click on the attached file link & it will download to your pc

Post #6 of the above-linked thread has a newer version of the Excel worksheet, but it is missing quite a number of beverages. The OP will be posting a new version near the end of July (after her parents return from a cruise with new photos of bar menus and wine lists) -- so that she will have up-to-date prices and no omissions of beverages.