Enchantment of the Seas - Coke Machine/Dispenser in Windjammer

Hey all,

Been on RCI Freedom of the Seas 2 years ago, going on Enchantment in Sept....

Was looking through some pics from DarthGrady and came across this picture from the Windjammer with Coke "FreeStyle" Machines. So, I take it if you have the soda thing on your card you can use them? Anyone know care to explain?? My wife loves these machines because you can mix flavors....we might get the soda purchase on the card if that's how you use these....

232323232%7Ffp437%3C7%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D38%3A8564734326nu0mrj

Edited by Deptacon

Yes, you can only use the Freestyle machines if you purchase a package. (more than one package includes soda). The basic soda package is $6.50 pp pd plus 15% gratuity, all charged in one lump sum up front for the duration of the cruise. (either pre-cruise or on Day 1)

You will have not only a sticker on your SeaPass card, but you will also receive a special Coke Cup with an RFID chip in its base, which activates the Freestyle machine.

Happy sailing.......and drinking!

:)

Yes, Enchantment has the Coke Freestyle machines. Besides the ones you see in Windjammer, there's another in the Centrum.

You need a minimum of the Refreshment (soda) package at $6.50 per day plus 15%. Any of the other unlimited packages also include soda from the Freestyle machines. You can get a soda about every 15 minutes, because of the chip in the bottom of the special cup.

Edited by clarea

Hey all,

Been on RCI Freedom of the Seas 2 years ago, going on Enchantment in Sept....

Was looking through some pics from DarthGrady and came across this picture from the Windjammer with Coke "FreeStyle" Machines. So, I take it if you have the soda thing on your card you can use them? Anyone know care to explain?? My wife loves these machines because you can mix flavors....we might get the soda purchase on the card if that's how you use these....

I'd read that the souvenir cups have a chip embedded in them that allows one to use the machines. No magic cup, no magic Coke,

I wonder why you have to tip a machine?????

You also have access to the bars for your sodas. You are not REQUIRED to serve yourself at the machines. And someone is cleaning and filling the machines.

;)

It seems most people love these machines, but I am not really a fan. You can walk up with only 3 or 4 people ahead of you - and it can take forever. But I've also thought about it and for the chipped cups, it probably is the best option. We did have a problem with one of our cups on the third day - ithe machine popped up with a message about it not working and see guest services. It was kind of funny, but the guest services guy had no clue how it worked. He thought you had to swipe your key to get them to work. I finally convinced him there was a chip in the bottom and he went in the back and came back with another one. It worked - but he never asked for her card or seemed to link the two.

Ours were coke soccer cups - maybe they will change them frequently with world events. It didn't look like the one in the picture above. Also - the machines seemed to run out often and all the "normal" things would be greyed out - which caused people to really slow down as they pushed every greyed out button trying to get a drink. There would be a few of the less popular ones available. We found just going to the bars to be quicker and more enjoyable. Plus they would rinse the cup out for you first. Even though I found the machine annoying - for older teens the unlimited drink option was well worth it. They enjoyed ordering something at dinner and shows with their cards.

And you can get soda with dinner in the MDR. A tip of 15% on $6.50 is 98 cents for the entire DAY.

Come on folks, where's your sense of humor??:p

FYI, I've already purchased my Refreshment package for my 9/14 departure.:cool:

That's prettier than the ones I have, wonder if they hold less? They really do need to stay ontop of these machines so they are working well. It's a win-win for the pax and the bar service if they don't have as many soda cards to deal with b/c pax can use machine.

i was onboard this weekend. one of the machines in the windjammer didn't work, the other was constantly out of something. my wife and i had the premium package, so we were usually drinking something else. with kids it's 100% worth it.