News Flash--Oasis is BIG!

Just got off Oasis this past week, and we had a great time! Hopefully we can get a quick review together soon. One thing that really set Oasis apart from any other cruise we've been on was that our wait staff in the MDR was FANTASTIC. But one thing that really perplexed me was the complaints about how much walking there was to do on Oasis.:confused: So, just so everyone's clear--Oasis of the Seas is a big ship! I thought it was obvious from the deck plans, specs, pictures, many reviews, the fact that it's the biggest cruise ship in the world, etc., but I guess I was wrong! Don't book it if you don't plan on walking a bunch. ;)

Just got off Oasis this past week, and we had a great time! But one thing that really perplexed me was the complaints about how much walking there was to do on Oasis. Don't book it if you don't plan on walking a bunch. ;)

LOL. Complaints like the one OP mentions always make me chuckle. The complaint that really gets me when on a Caribbean cruise is, "It's so hot and humid!" It's the TROPICS people....It's HOT!:rolleyes:

Just got off Oasis this past week, and we had a great time! Hopefully we can get a quick review together soon. One thing that really set Oasis apart from any other cruise we've been on was that our wait staff in the MDR was FANTASTIC. But one thing that really perplexed me was the complaints about how much walking there was to do on Oasis.:confused: So, just so everyone's clear--Oasis of the Seas is a big ship! I thought it was obvious from the deck plans, specs, pictures, many reviews, the fact that it's the biggest cruise ship in the world, etc., but I guess I was wrong! Don't book it if you don't plan on walking a bunch. ;)

Glad you enjoyed your Cruise.

FYI..Allure is the largest Cruise ship. Its actually 2 inches larger then Oasis ;)

I can't wait until our Cruise. The more walking the better! Gotta burn off the 6 meals a day!!

Edited by vacation_junkie

Glad you enjoyed your Cruise.

FYI..Allure is the largest Cruise ship. Its actually 2 inches larger then Oasis ;)

I can't wait until our Cruise. The more walking the better! Gotta burn off the 6 meals a day!!

I knew someone would say that! It's funny, the cruise staff made a point to say that the Oasis was the largest in the world many times. From what I hear, though, one of the new Oasis ships will be wider, so maybe that one will be the big winner...

I knew someone would say that! It's funny, the cruise staff made a point to say that the Oasis was the largest in the world many times. From what I hear, though, one of the new Oasis ships will be wider, so maybe that one will be the big winner...

The 2 inches could be a flag or something sticking out for all we know...lol

The only reason I said it ...was because DH wanted to go on the largest ship after our last Disney Cruise where he complained the ship was so small.

And it had to be the Allure because of those dang 2 inches...lol

I agree, its funny how people complain about the walking, heat, humidity ...etc

The heat and humidity of this past week on the Oasis wouldn't have been so bad if the Atlantic wasn't so shockingly dead calm. On the way out to St. Maarten, it wasn't so bad, as there was a slight breeze due to the ship moving and the air being still, but on the way back to Ft. Lauderdale, there was a slight wind with us that made the air on the ship still. Didn't bother me as much, but there were a few in our group that stayed inside the last couple days because the heat was so bad. We completely understood this could be the case when we booked, so we're not blaming anyone.

I guess the complainers didn't discover the horizontal elevators? :D

just got off oasis this past week, and we had a great time! Hopefully we can get a quick review together soon. One thing that really set oasis apart from any other cruise we've been on was that our wait staff in the mdr was fantastic. But one thing that really perplexed me was the complaints about how much walking there was to do on oasis.:confused: So, just so everyone's clear--oasis of the seas is a big ship! I thought it was obvious from the deck plans, specs, pictures, many reviews, the fact that it's the biggest cruise ship in the world, etc., but i guess i was wrong! Don't book it if you don't plan on walking a bunch. ;)

size matters!

This is known in my family as a, "FIRST WORLD PROBLEM".

Captain Of the Allure got this figured out.

969a44036c71e2140df144e7142b2f79_zps1500feb9.jpg

Oh Captain Johnny! We really enjoyed him on our Mariner of the Seas cruises.

We'll be sailing on Oasis next year. Can't wait!