Cape Liberty, New Jersey (Quantum of the Seas)

My husband and I will be on the inaugural cruise for Quantum of the Seas on Nov. 23, flying from Los Angeles probably on red eye on Nov.20. Any suggestions on whether to fly in NYC (JFK) or straight to NJ airport. We would like to go to NYC to do some sight seeing and see Broadway show before cruise.

Need hotel suggestions, transportation to port, etc. Haven't been to this area.

Thank you.

My husband and I will be on the inaugural cruise for Quantum of the Seas on Nov. 23, flying from Los Angeles probably on red eye on Nov.20. Any suggestions on whether to fly in NYC (JFK) or straight to NJ airport. We would like to go to NYC to do some sight seeing and see Broadway show before cruise.

Thank you.

I agree with Bob, it's a good idea to check the east coast departures board for more specific ideas.

If you want to do some sightseeing and Broadway, I think for convenience you should look for a hotel in Manhattan rather than NJ. If you stay in NJ, you would have to spend time and money getting to and from Manhattan. If you stay in Manhattan, you may be able to walk to the sights you're interested in as well as Broadway theaters, or avail yourself of public transportation - bus and/or subways.

You can take a taxi or car service from a Manhattan hotel to the cruise terminal on the day of embarkation.

Thank you.

I'd stay fly into Newark. It is only a few miles from the port.

Hotels are generally less expensive than on the other side of the Hudson.

A hotel for example would be:

SpringHill Suites by Marriott (Newark International Airport).

There are a more close by so do a few google searches.

Very close to airport. They do have shuttles from the airport to the hotel.

Just a few miles from Cape Liberty Cruise Port. (Short cab ride)

The Path Trains are close by and just a short ride to New York City for sightseeing, shows and the like. It would be a good choice as a base for your stay.

JFK is not really close to either NYC or the cruise port.

OMO

bosco

If you're staying a few days pre-cruise I would stay in NYC somewhere. You can still fly into and out of Newark (which will be nice and close when you head home). Maybe stay near Cape Liberty (EWR airport) the night before your cruise departs too.

You may also want to do searches for keyword NYC hotel maybe to see what other cruisers have done.

Have fun!

You have received great advice from locals. (that is one reason that it is helpful when Cruise Critic members put their location in the upper right hand corner ;) )

Take it.

Also, use Bob's (clarea's) link to more information. Those people will give you the websites for the best ways to find and book hotel bargains, etc.

And, of course, google is your friend.

:)

Edited by Merion_Mom