Just Booked and UPSET! Advice?

OP, well good luck for you on getting the refund, seemingly (from your post), due to the 'no nursery' issue. I think you owe the poster who bought this to your attention a drink, as this was not what your complaint was & one could only imagine your disappointment on finding about this once on board.

One question many of us would probably like an answer to - was there ever any word from RCI on the existence of a recorded version of the original call? Maybe there was and that was of use in getting them to agree to a refund?

Glad it worked out for you!

I hope that you enjoy your cruise wherever & whomever you choose to sail with. (Curious, do tell!) There are only 2 other competitors as conglomerates own the majority of lines.

People are very quick to judge... And other people are quick to flame at others by claiming they think of themselves as "experts." There are lots of people out there who have had the experience and can share very helpful knowledge & information here. That should not be mistaken as being pompous. I am sure I speak for more folks than just myself here -- and hope that if you have specific concerns you realize that you can reach out to a qualified agent and these forums for suggestions & ideas from people who have similar concerns & experience. This can be very helpful at times when needing to make a particular decision based on your specific needs, wants, must haves & such.

RCI does have lots to offer & perhaps you may reconsider them one day, based on the needs of your family.

I am glad that you got your resolve & hope that you make up for your lost sleep. However you choose to vacation next, I wish you smooth sailing, safe travels and wonderful memories with your family!!!

Edited by Pack My Bags
typo

Daniel, I'm glad you had a happy ending! Enjoy your cruise!

Please come back and tell us what you ended up booking? (It's ok, even though it's a competing cruiseline, as many of us sail on different lines)

I looked at the specs for the a7s and aside from the video stuff I barely understand the ISO sensitivity seems amazing - SO 409600!I take pictures inside venues for a choir group, and what I can get with my Sony A55 with a super zoom sometimes amazes me, and I can't imagine how I could shoot with that.

Enjoy the cruise!

Yes, the video features are probably foreign to you. I was amazed when they announced that it had some of the key features (codec, gamma) of a $30k camera I shot with recently.

BUT, you should be aware of trade-offs. To get that amazing sensitivity in low light, and free of "noise", you ave to have larger light capturing pixels on the sensor, which results in less Megapixels. That's ideal for video (1080p is only 2mp), but not for photography. It sounds like you are primarily in to photo, so I'd look at the other options in the a7 lineup.

Daniel, I'm glad you had a happy ending! Enjoy your cruise!

Please come back and tell us what you ended up booking? (It's ok, even though it's a competing cruiseline, as many of us sail on different lines)

Well, since it seems to be okay with everyone here. I ended up booking the Norwegian Breakaway to Bermuda leaving 8/31 for 7 nights.

Since the nursery doesn't accept children under 3, I had to book 2 interior guarantee's and am bringing my wife, daughter and MIL. The Grand total came to 3,378$, with 25$OBC per room. I booked direct through NCL, it seemed to have the best deal out of the 5 agents/sites I visited, though not by a big amount.

They had kids sail free going on, but the kids have to be 3rd/4th in the stateroom. Sigh. It's 500$ more than the RCI sailing, but 2 extra nights, a great itinerary plan, two rooms, and not to mention a brand new mega-ship. From the reviews i've read, it sounds like Bayonne is a nightmare port, and NYC port has always been quick and easy for me in the past.

I've read a lot of reviews, and I've told everyone to not expect to be blown away by the food. We are somewhat foodies but don't let it make or break the trip. Maybe we will be pleasantly surprised. I've enjoyed the food on past NCL cruises, though many folks seem to think this ship doesn't live up to those standards in the MDR. I'll live and will spend one night at LeBistro for sure, I LOVED that place on my first cruise.

The main thing for me is the overnights in Bermuda... PLENTY of time for Elbow beach!!!!

Edited by dinzitari

I love you're getting more time in Bermuda and that MIL will get some quality grandma time, allowing you and your wife to also enjoy some quality couple's time! I think NCL does a good job with specialty dining!

Have a great vacay!

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I love you're getting more time in Bermuda and that MIL will get some quality grandma time, allowing you and your wife to also enjoy some quality couple's time! I think NCL does a good job with specialty dining!

Have a great vacay!

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Yes, G-Ma understands that the nights are going to be early down time for her, but I did book the "hot on the floor" (typo?) show for her and the wife one night, and I'll spend the night on a quiet promenade somewhere reading while my daughter sleeps in the ocean breeze. I play that for her every night in her crib, so it should be peaceful for all!

Well, since it seems to be okay with everyone here. I ended up booking the Norwegian Breakaway to Bermuda leaving 8/31 for 7 nights.

Not sure if you read this review, but Gambee is excellent with his reviews. If you didn't read it, here is a link.

Norwegian Breakaway Review & More! - Cruise With Gambee

His pictures are fantastic too.

Gwen :)

yes, g-ma understands that the nights are going to be early down time for her, but i did book the "hot on the floor" (typo?) show for her and the wife one night, and i'll spend the night on a quiet promenade somewhere reading while my daughter sleeps in the ocean breeze. I play that for her every night in her crib, so it should be peaceful for all!

burn the floor (lol) so glad everything worked out for you and your family, you'll love the ba.

Enjoy your cruise and take lots of photos, to share with us.

Guest maddycat
From the reviews i've read, it sounds like Bayonne is a nightmare port, and NYC port has always been quick and easy for me in the past.

As someone who has sailed out of Bayonne a dozen times, I can tell you that the port is far from a nightmare. It's much easier than the NYC port.

I'm glad there was a satisfactory resolution to your problem. I really don't understand why so many posters were telling you to just accept what was obviously a bait and switch, whether it was intentional or not. I always wonder if they'd be so cavalier with their own money.

We've done the 7-day Bermuda cruise three times, although on the Celebrity Summit, twice with my DD, DSIL and DGS, when he was 1 and then 2. I think you'll find the longer stay in Bermuda works well because you can time your excursions off the ship according to your DD's schedule and not just the ship's.

Horseshoe Bay was perfect for DGS because it has the cove with very gentle wavelets. I'd recommend taking a taxi rather than the bus because you have a long trek to and from the bus stop down to the beach, which can be arduous if you're carrying baby gear. Dragging the stroller on the crowded bus, along with baby gear, was not fun either.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise and make beautiful memories with your adorable DD.

I'm glad there was a satisfactory resolution to your problem. I really don't understand why so many posters were telling you to just accept what was obviously a bait and switch, whether it was intentional or not. I always wonder if they'd be so cavalier with their own money.

We've done the 7-day Bermuda cruise three times, although on the Celebrity Summit, twice with my DD, DSIL and DGS, when he was 1 and then 2. I think you'll find the longer stay in Bermuda works well because you can time your excursions off the ship according to your DD's schedule and not just the ship's.

Horseshoe Bay was perfect for DGS because it has the cove with very gentle wavelets. I'd recommend taking a taxi rather than the bus because you have a long trek to and from the bus stop down to the beach, which can be arduous if you're carrying baby gear. Dragging the stroller on the crowded bus, along with baby gear, was not fun either.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise and make beautiful memories with your adorable DD.

Thank you! Horseshoe bay i've done as well. I was amazed by the setting, though it was a tad crowded but nothing like the beaches here in NJ that's for sure. I found Elbow beach much to my liking, it was ver quiet and by noon we were the only people within eyesight. LOVED IT. I definitely plan to cab and already have a cab fare print out to be sure I'm getting the right deal. (NYC cabs keep you on your toes).

Snorkel beach has fish galore! Shelly bay is also a nice quiet beach very popular with the local families. About 20 min from kings wharf. The bus stop is right across the street. (But No facilities there.) I found the riptides at Horseshoe were insane last time I was there. I really wanted to, but didn't enjoy it one bit as it was very dangerous & we had to help some swimmers out.

Safe travels & Enjoy your trip!

Edited by Pack My Bags
typo

I was on Break-a-way for lunch this passed April with my TA. We had a tour of the ship. The ship is beautiful. We ate in one of their special restaurants . My food was OK. But others at my table love it. The food at the buffet looked great. Did you get the dinning package with it. The one thing that I love about the ship was they had washing stations for PAX at the entrance of the buffet, so you could wash your hands. It is a huge ship.

Edited by geocruiser

Just curious, you have chatted up a storm here, why have you not sign up for the roll call on your new cruise? Maybe you just didn't know they exist. :)

I bet they would enjoy your outgoing demeanor and it will give you a new venue since the issue for this message string appear to have been resolved successfully.

Was it obviously a bait and switch or was it a misunderstanding? The truth is probably somewhere in-between. You know the old saying that there are 3 sides to every story, my side, your side and then there is the truth.

In an early post OP said he could not fit any other cruises in his schedule yet suddenly was able to go on a different cruise. Maybe I am misreading the post. Personally I don't care and I will not be coming back to this thread to read any negative responses.

Kudos to RCCL for letting him out of his contract.

To OP - Have a great cruise.

Hey! Great news! Do tell us WHAT you booked or we won't be able to FIND your review;)

Ignore the haters- hey8ers gotta hate! A cabin mix up of essentially the same cabin category on a nearly full ship is a "hey, ship happens" - but not having a nursery for your infant that's clearly advertised (on their albeit circular and really, really bad website) is a cancelable offense. I'm glad they saw it your way and you'll get your money and your cruise:D

Have a wonderful time!

Edited by Familygoboston

Seems the facts are that dinzitari called to book a cabin for three and was given the only cabin for three available. dinzitari is not handicapped and does not have a handicap accessible cabin. dinzitari has stopped payment on the cabin and cruise that she had committed to paying. Therefore, IMO, dinzitari's actions do not appear appropriate nor conscientious. Also it does appear that RCCL should make its marketing literature regarding nurseries and nursery programs more precise. Since other have wished well, I will wish NCL and dinzitari's soon to be shipmates good luck.