American table suspended until further notice?

inside info/gossip call it what you will, but ratings are apparently down on the ships with it and they have suspended the roll out. am I the first to talk about it? I've been away from the boards a little but but now that I'm within 200 days of my next cruise I'm back :)

inside info/gossip call it what you will, but ratings are apparently down on the ships with it and they have suspended the roll out. am I the first to talk about it? I've been away from the boards a little but but now that I'm within 200 days of my next cruise I'm back :)

Source

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my IPhone

Loved our menus from 2005 and 2006. Our food on the Freedom in 2012 was ok....but liked the earlier menus better! (Real steak any night, etc.)

On the DREAM two weeks ago, there were 2 nights that our group had some trouble deciding what to have. Flat iron steak gets old & definitely don't really cruise for meat loaf or friend chicken.

One lunch on the Lido (maybe Saturday...?) they served Veal Parmesan that was fabulous! Actually better than several main dishes we had.

Our food was served hot each night with table clothes on the tables, but quality of the food has definitely declined. I know the cost of cruising hasn't really risen but the cutbacks in food are so noticeable!

Rumors gotta start somewhere. ;)

And CC has a pretty good batting average as far as rumors coming true. :)

Not a chance... If it's posted here, obviously it will never happen.

Didn't someone comment that to anyone who asked a company representative for more information about the balcony smoking policy changes before it was confirmed?

Not a chance... If it's posted here, obviously it will never happen.

Didn't someone comment that to anyone who asked a company representative for more information about the balcony smoking policy changes before it was confirmed?

LOL. And John Heald was the last to know. Once again.

The last thing official I read was a post on John Heald's blog dated April 29th:

"The American Table menu is currently being served on the Carnival Glory, Carnival Liberty, Carnival Inspiration and Carnival Imagination. And in June we will serve it on Carnival Freedom as well."

http://johnhealdsblog.com/2014/04/29/wash-and-dry/#more-21619

We have experienced it twice.

on Glory with no tablecloths in Feb and thought it was very good.

Than two weeks ago on Liberty with tablecloths and food took forever and not as hot as usual.

Thought the problem on Liberty was the headwaiter had two assistants who were incompetent at bringing food back.

Will be sorry if they discontinue it as we liked the changes.

I call it "Yet Another False Rumor (YAFR).

There never has been an official schedule.

2004 isn't going to happen again. There was no WCMC, Bitter and Blanc, or many other creations by George Blanc, and even he has since moved on.

It will probably be YAAP. (Yet Another Abandoned Program)

True, but I meant the ratings were down portion of his/her statement.

The ratings have been decreasing on the Liberty, Imagination and Inspiration. This is in reference to the polls that you get via email after the cruise, not feedback while onboard.

Freedom will not see this get deployed. It was supposed to go out this week.

again, my sources are good, about as good as you'll get. But I can understand my post count being on the low side somehow makes me unreliable. That's cool. I've no reason to stir the pot and start rumors here.