American table suspended until further notice?

Does this mean the ships with the new menus will go back to the old menus? Hope so we will be on the Liberty in 6 weeks and was not looking forward to the new menus.

I think they need to make changes in menu so dont think they will go back but rather do some heavy tweaking.

I hope that is true. I really like the old menu items.

This would explain the snail paced roll out. The PR about it has been less than stellar, intertwined with the whole tablecloth removal issue.

We had American Table on the Liberty. We got back on July 6. I did not like it that much. I prefer the old menus.

MY gripe........why can they not prepare spaghetti with ground beef, not Veal? Many do not eat veal, and I am not debating methods of cooking or slaughter.....I don't eat giuten free or vegan but support the right to those who chose to do so to be served food they can eat. Kosher also and special food for Muslims.

So why NO Lasagna with just Ground Beef? Or spaghetti? And is it illegal to have hard taco shells on Carnival?

that said. We found something to eat each night. We enjoyed the Breakfast buffet every morning and the Lido for lunch. Pizza is divine. Salad bar was very good I thought. We had a lovely cruise.

The ratings have been decreasing on the Liberty, Imagination and Inspiration. This is in reference to the polls that you get via email after the cruise, not feedback while onboard.

Freedom will not see this get deployed. It was supposed to go out this week.

again, my sources are good, about as good as you'll get. But I can understand my post count being on the low side somehow makes me unreliable. That's cool. I've no reason to stir the pot and start rumors here.

Thanks for the update! I love news sources from those who are working to allow us to relax and have a fun vacation.

inside info/gossip call it what you will, but ratings are apparently down on the ships with it and they have suspended the roll out. am I the first to talk about it? I've been away from the boards a little but but now that I'm within 200 days of my next cruise I'm back :)

No truth to this.

BTW, just read another erroneous post you made on another thread - you might want to do some fact-checking before you post. :\

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Cruise Critic App

No truth to this.

BTW, just read another erroneous post you made on another thread - you might want to do some fact-checking before you post. :\

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Cruise Critic App

Okay, but you don't have a specific source to back up your claim, either.

I don't care either way. I liked the old menus but saw several interesting items on the new ones as well. Going on the Freedom in Dec. they are doing an awfully slow roll out.

I enjoyed the new menu aboard "Liberty", and had excellent service there as well. Actually, I can take it or leave it. I guess I'm just not as picky as some folks when it comes to the dining experience aboard ship. :confused:

"SKY"

New menu --- old menu ---brand new menu. Does not matter to me. I do not have to cook. I do not have to serve. I do not have to wash dishes. All I have to do is eat. And I have never went hungry on a ship. :)

We had American Table on the Liberty. We got back on July 6. I did not like it that much. I prefer the old menus.

MY gripe........why can they not prepare spaghetti with ground beef, not Veal? Many do not eat veal, and I am not debating methods of cooking or slaughter.....I don't eat giuten free or vegan but support the right to those who chose to do so to be served food they can eat. Kosher also and special food for Muslims.

So why NO Lasagna with just Ground Beef? Or spaghetti? And is it illegal to have hard taco shells on Carnival?

that said. We found something to eat each night. We enjoyed the Breakfast buffet every morning and the Lido for lunch. Pizza is divine. Salad bar was very good I thought. We had a lovely cruise.

Where should they draw the line at catering to everyone's dietary whims, wants, and needs? I don't eat veal, so if there's an item with it, I skip it. I'll survive without spaghetti or lasagne on my cruise. I also don't eat cherries, and I'm allergic to raw onions, so I don't order items with those in it. I wouldn't dream of asking Carnival to take those items off the menu just because I don't eat veal, don't like cherries, and am allergic to onions.

Gluten free passengers, as well as allergy passengers, and vegan passengers can all get foods prepared just for them via the special needs department, and/or informing the dining room when boarding.

Kosher passengers aren't quite as easy, since they require special food, a dedicated prep area and cooking area, as well as dedicated tableware/utensils, serving pieces, etc., and there must be a duplicate set each for meat and dairy. There is a lot of work that goes into koshering a kitchen, and that's why there are usually chartered kosher cruises.

Everything Carnival is doing is connected to money some way shape or form.

From the free cruises for 3 month period to fill up the ships, The boss pulling over $400 mil from stocks, all the changes that are not for the good that have been happening, somethings up, The new management is not looking that good. The new menu must be costing to much money.

Seen on another website:

"Just returned from Liberty today. To our surprise, cold soups appeared nearly every night. Lot's of choices for hot soups too. At first we were a bit uncomfortable with the new menu. There are other small tweaks, like they put bread baskets at your table instead of being served bread. I suppose most people will like this, although I kinda liked the elegance of being served. I wondered if the wait staff have been given more tables than in the past, as they didn't seem to have the time for small talk as much as in the past? Not sure, but it seemed that way. Although our servers were very good and the head waiter was great. Having said that, at the end of the cruise DW and I agreed that the quality of the food is the same, generally. And the choices were pretty good as well. I think if I was voting, I'd still choose the old menu, but we did enjoy the American Feast menus. Some nice new items on the menu. There was the port of call option each evening, as well as a chance to order "Steakhouse Favorites" each night for a $20 up charge. DW ordered the whole lobster one evening, and one of our table-mates ordered the Steakhouse sirloin one night. The sea day brunch menu was very good as well, we just wished they would change that up and not make it the same every sea day (I think we had 4). Tea time was nice as well. Fortunately, we did have table clothes. I think it is a shame if they eventually do away with them. After dinner we received a dessert menu. The melting cake was on it every evening, along with the cheese plate, fruit, ice cream and pie a la mode (the pie changed every evening). I was disappointed that apple pie wasn't offered on July 4!! Clearly, it continues to be tweaked, but in the final analysis, we did enjoy it. "

Just home from the Liberty yesterday. We enjoyed the new menus. DS was thrilled to find his favorite chilled strawberry soup on the menu. We heard Carnival had done away with the cold soups. He also said the smores parfait was his new favorite desert. DH liked the crab and lime soup. We had table clothes every night. Service was slower and appetizers were all presented at the same time. Made for very little space on the table. Not big bread eaters so felt the bread basket on the table led to waste. Would not mind seeing the American menu on the Pride in November.

Just home from the Liberty yesterday. We enjoyed the new menus. DS was thrilled to find his favorite chilled strawberry soup on the menu. We heard Carnival had done away with the cold soups. He also said the smores parfait was his new favorite desert. DH liked the crab and lime soup. We had table clothes every night. Service was slower and appetizers were all presented at the same time. Made for very little space on the table. Not big bread eaters so felt the bread basket on the table led to waste. Would not mind seeing the American menu on the Pride in November.

Wow! This is super encouraging to hear!!! I soooo hope the Liberty keeps this up until next early April when we sail. Table cloths every night? Chilled soups back? LOVELY! Only thing I could think of that would be even better is if you said the second elegant night ha decent food again. We sailed on the Glory in April and the second elegant night's meal was soooo bad. Had me wishing it was a regular night. It's obviously done on purpose to encourage folks to eat at the steakhouse that night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I might add that at this point they kind of don't know what to do. I'd like to see them go back to the menus from 2004, I miss duck breast night, goat cheese tartlets and 2-3 different salads to pick from each night.

I would love a choice of salads.

There is an excellent chance that you will. ;)

N

It doesn't take a genius to figure out something did not pan out or the new menus would be on all the ships by now.

they did say it was a pilot when they rolled it out to the 4 ships. There are other logistics involved as well. It's a pretty big leap from a delay in rolling out to bad reviews which I have seen good and bad posted here.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my IPhone

Someone already said it...

Food isn't a problem on board!!! There's always something good to eat, almost 24/7... But I do like to have a tablecloth with dinner, so I hope that change is made!!!

You were served without a table cloth???? We've never had this happen.