Vancouver post cruise hotels-no rooms available!

sweetsleep

I have been looking at various hotels in Vancouver post cruise-most of the chain hotels-Marriott,Westin,Fairmont,4 Seasons,Hyatt.

Arriving post cruise on June 10,2015 and cannot find any available rooms?

Is this a common problem almost a YEAR in advance that nothing is available or am I doing something wrong with my search? Using TripAdvisor,not the "discount" hotel sites!

I'm trying to avoid the Princess post cruise hotel costs-they are a ripoff.

Can anyone suggest some alternative hotels?

I think you would get more responses and better info on the West Coast Departures board, and I expect this thread might get moved over there.

I tried several travel websites and found hotels available for the date you need so they are not all booked, so perhaps it was the site you were using. We ended our cruise in Vancouver and went directly to the airport for our flight home so I have no experience with finding a hotel room in Vancouver. I am sure someone here though will have the information you need.

Enjoy Alaska!

I have been looking at various hotels in Vancouver post cruise-most of the chain hotels-Marriott,Westin,Fairmont,4 Seasons,Hyatt.

Is this a common problem almost a YEAR in advance that nothing is available or am I doing something wrong with my search? Using TripAdvisor,not the "discount" hotel sites!

You are too early.

I just looked at Priceline for Vancouver, and they are currently showing hotel availability up to June 6, 2015.

You really can't go wrong and can save a lot by bidding on Priceline for any 4 star hotel in the downtown Vancouver area if you are willing to be patient and wait a while.

We have done it a number of times, and all the hotels we got that way were good ones (such as Sutton Place, Marriott, Westin Bayshore, Hyatt Regency), in the price range anywhere from $85 to $185 per night.

A taxi from any of them to the Canada Place pier is only about $10.

Did you try the St. Regis in Vancouver?

I dropped in your date and they had rooms available.

We will be staying there next week pre-cruise, so I can let you know how it is when we get back.

I was able to reserve 4 rooms months ago without leaving a deposit.

I looked at the Hyatt and Marriott websites yesterday for June 17, 2015 and there was room availability.

I see availability through Kayak so rooms are available. Pick one and book directly through the hotel website.

Have a great cruise!

Most booking engines only go out 330 days. (right now that is June 7th). Give it a few more days. Some hotels do go further, I have had luck directly with the hotels even more than a year out. Be patient, hotels will not be sold out for 2015.

Try Blue Horizon Hotel, prices are reasonable for a nice hotel.

Generally hotel availability is only available about 11 months out. I would try again in a month or so; there will be lots to choose from.

June 10, 2015 is now available to book on both Hotwire and Priceline.

Hotwire is currently showing $162 per night for a four star downtown hotel (in the very desirable Canada Place - Convention center - Coal Harbour area)

and $173 on Priceline without bidding,

which means that you should be able to get it for considerably less if you are willing to be patient and go through the bidding process on Priceline (which you certainly have plenty of time to play around with, being so early).

If they do not accept your bid, it costs you nothing.