Seeking private tour for Naples

Localgirl773

If you look down the board, there are many recommendations for tour venders. Rome in Limo operates here also, and booking tours in Rome, La Spezia and here will get you a discount for multiple bookings. A wonderful company.

I would suggest a guide for Pompei only. Again Rome in Limo will provide at an extra charge.

I am thinking of trying to get to pompei and amalfi on our trip. Would Capri be too much?

I have always heard wonderful things about Capri but wonder if the ferry would be too rough on the kids and my in-laws.

If you could could one or two destinations to visit, what would it be?

I am thinking of trying to get to pompei and amalfi on our trip. Would Capri be too much?

I have always heard wonderful things about Capri but wonder if the ferry would be too rough on the kids and my in-laws.

If you could could one or two destinations to visit, what would it be?

We used Rome on Limo for a tour of the Amalfi coarst and Pompeii. Top notch company..check tne reviews on Tripadvisor.

Next time we will try Capri. I don't think you would have time for all 3 stops.

It's about a 50 minute ride each way to Capri, so yes, I think it's too much with Amalfi and Pompeii. If you're going in the summer, I really recommend doing pompeii first when it's cooler and I think a guide is critical here. Then you can continue on your drive along the Amalfi coast with a stop for lunch. This is a great port day!

• 4 weeks later...
or…. check out APTours. They will give you the same amazing day as RIL but do it a bit cheaper……

I love to get the same thing for less :D

PS: Pompeii and Amalfi is a full day ! Save Capri for another trip :)

We used APTours. Guide was amazing

We used APTours. Guide was amazing

We used Joe Banana tours in Naples for Pompeii, Amalfi Coast, Herculaneum, and Naples itself. There were 3 couples from different parts of the world, and we all enjoyed Giovanni (Joe) and his brother's tours.

Eric

By all mean, visit the Amalfi Coast, especially time in Positano, and allow 2 hours for Pompeii with a registered guide. I would recommend Eduardo Miccio at eduardoshoreexcursions.com. He will can arrange it all, give you a great price, take a personal interest, and provide outstanding service. We have used him many times and it's always a pleasure.

We used Joe Banana tours in Naples for Pompeii, Amalfi Coast, Herculaneum, and Naples itself. There were 3 couples from different parts of the world, and we all enjoyed Giovanni (Joe) and his brother's tours.

Eric

This costs €850. That is a lot of money! Why not do it I your own using public transport? It's is very easy and would cost 1/8 of this price.

I wouldn't recommend Pompeii with elderly people and kids. It's too much i think, it's a lot of walking on cobbles and very tiring if it is hot because there is no shade. Herculaneum is a much better option as it's smaller but has lots more detail intact (mosaics)

Eric

I don't see how one can do justice to a tour like this in a day. How much time did you actually get to spend in Pompeii or Herculaneum?

Pompeii is huge -- I spent two FULL days there a couple of years ago and still only saw a fraction of what's there.

If the OP goes with a private tour, I would suggest at most TWO things: either Pompeii or Herculaneum + Amalfi Coast, or Pompeii or Heculaneum + Capri. (Although even the second one is pushing it a bit, IMHO. It's easy to spend a full day on Capri too.....)

Edited by cruisemom42

I don't see how one can do justice to a tour like this in a day. How much time did you actually get to spend in Pompeii or Herculaneum?

Pompeii is huge -- I spent two FULL days there a couple of years ago and still only saw a fraction of what's there.

If the OP goes with a private tour, I would suggest at most TWO things: either Pompeii or Herculaneum + Amalfi Coast, or Pompeii or Heculaneum + Capri. (Although even the second one is pushing it a bit, IMHO. It's easy to spend a full day on Capri too.....)

I agree. I wonder what was considered "the Amalfi coast" ?

We have been to Pompeii 3 times now (2+ hrs each time) and have seen different things each time (thanks to a great guide who remembered what she had shown us before) and like you - we could go back many more times and still see new things….. love Pompeii. Still need to get to Herculaneum - someday :D

Are there tour guides available at Pompeii? Not interested in doing a 5+ hour tour of the area as we want to explore Naples on our own.

There are always guides out front. They will wait until they have a group of 10 or so before beginning a tour. I would assume you could hire them privately but it will be @ 110 euros ….. which is what we have paid for our private guide on our 3 visits….

make sure they are licensed. They will have a badge that says so.

I must not have been clear. I was speaking of 3 days of touring, one for each Pompeii, Herculaneum, and Amalfi. I fully agree about Pompeii, one day isn't enough.

Eric

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...