Just Off Voyager Not Happy At All

And I thought Voyager is a ship and the boats are hanging on either sides.

That is Quite Funny!!!

You take a serious post and make a joke about it. I wonder about the

World today.

This is a Typical reason why I never posted ont he boards.

Thank you for your lovely comment.

Casey 111

Thank you for your post it is very dissapointing The whole experience of the VOS.

It is not just the underage drinking like you said it is other things. Now that I got my head altiile clear I can get a chance to explain.

The food is not good they way it used to be. The Windjammer the food tastes terrible.

When we arrived in Haati and they have a barbeque prepared they ran out of food and had to go back to the boat and get more food standing in line for 35 minutes they throw FROZEN handburger buns in the tray .

Like you said they need to get there act together because they will loose many passengers.

Thanks Again

Originally Posted by PelicanBill

Why NOT hold Royal Caribbean more accountable? What are the prudent measure we take on land, for instance... let's see

* Illegal to serve to minors

* Illegal to sell to minors

* Picture ID to drink if you look under 30

So how about for cruise ships

* Change Cruise ID to include picture and mark clearly for age group

* Bartenders and servers lose their job if they sell to minors

* Round up teenagers who are drunk (even from rooms if reported)

* Send families of drunk 18-20 year olds off the ship next port

* Send families of underage drinkers off the ship next port

Thank you, that makes sense finally. It's simple:

Don't sell alcohol to anyone under 21...period. Yes the parents should watch their children, etc but the truth of the matter is that it doesn't always happen that way. Get to the root of the problem and just stop serving them alcohol. It's just RCCL trying to make a few extra bucks.

Great! I'm sure that's what most of us want to do on our vacation is to be proactive and play cops and robbers......... geez louise give me a break!

And isn't this part of the problem? Too many people in our society choose to look the other way and let someone else handle the problem instead of being proactive. I only blame the cruiseline if they are not enforcing their own policies. And I definitely blame the parents for not doing their job!

1. The toilet in our cabin on Deck 6 did not work 1/2 of the time and there was an odor on the hallway several cabins down all through the cruise

2. The toilets in several of the public restrooms did not work most of the time

. QUOTE]

99.9% of the time, a stopped up toilet is not a ship problem, but rather a passenger problem. Passengers not reading the notice or not caring and flushing foreign objects. One passenger doing this can stop up from one to fifty toilets on the same line. It can and does happen on all cruise ships.

The fact that it does seem to happen more often on ships where the itinerary has changed leads me to believe that there are some passengers so uncaring about their fellow passengers, that they do this on purpose to garner maximum complaints about the ship.

So when any of you experience the unpleasant stopped up toilet, place your anger where it belongs, on your fellow passengers. On my last seven day cruise, I saw ship maintenance open the same wall three times. Each time removing the clog only to have it happen again. Each time it was an object that shouldn't have been flushed.

I wasn't on this ship so will withhold any other comments but thank you all for posting.

Put the following notice in the cruise contract:

If you are traveling with Teenage children, RCCL will reserve a $1000 charge on your sea pass which will be credited in full if there is no damage caused by your kids - or some such wording.

Further - if your under age children are observed under the influence of alcohol or drugs - you and they will removed at the next port No exceptions.

Watch the screaming on that one

hermang - You are so right I've been enjoying your posts on this thread. You make sense. :)

We have taken 13 cruises since 1991. Most have been on RCCL. We are trying to get 2 more, to obtain diamond status. But, in the last month, I have heard a lot of negative things about RCCL. On the news and on these boards.I was not born this morning, and I know how teen-agers will act, given the chance. You can blame parents, lack of training at home, etc.,but the bottom line is RCCL. They hold the keys to the conduct on board their ships.

One thing RCCL should keep in mind. Who's going to spend the most money time after time on one of their ships? A bunch of wild, drunk, loud mouth, teen-agers, or me? It hasn't happened to me yet. When it does, I'm gone. I am not spending the money it requires to have a good cruise vacation, and be miserable. There are too many options available in this day and time to tolerate a bunch of Bull!

Great! I'm sure that's what most of us want to do on our vacation is to be proactive and play cops and robbers......... geez louise give me a break

BADBOUY So if something bad happened to you , would you prefer we all look away or ignore it? YOU GOT IT:p

We did not stay up all night waiting for the kids to hit, but if we saw or heard it we were on the phone right away. You know what they say, if you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem......and that is more true today than before.

I know I will get flammed for this , but is it just coincidence that all of the negative posts about this cruise are by fairly new posters? Some say that they have been on the boards but just haven't posted much before. Why are the posts from these people so different from others on the same cruise? OP seems to be totally upset with RCCL, wasn't there anything good about your cruise? If it really was that bad I can't imagine why you would even give it another chance. Even if you do get a letter of apology from the powers that be, will that be enough to off-set such a terrible time?

I was also on the 7/2 cruise to Canada and noticed much of the same. Our overall experience was horrible--aside from the change in ports.

As for underage drinking, I'm 27 and was "carded" about 5 times. My sister and I noticed a yound teen on the first day bragging that she had been drinking for hours and she was "wasted". About five minutes later, her mom came over and gave her another drink. It is the parents.

hermang - You are so right I've been enjoying your posts on this thread. You make sense. :)

Thanks for your support.

I got flamed on the formal wear thread on celebrity when I DARED to suggest that DRESS CODES should be DRESS guidelines and I thought people that insisted on enforcing them were pompous <tee hee> Glad my Tuxedo was Asbestos

I too was on the July 29th cruise, however I found security to be pretty good in the main public areas. The stateroom hallways seemed to be where the problem was on the 7th floor anyway. Yes there was some underage drinking, but not with my crowd and it didn't affect my vacation. I tend to agree with those who hold the parents accountable. Noone can provide individual security for nearly 1000 children. It's just not feasible. I'm not saying RCCL shouldn't be responsible as well, but it really does come down to parenting. You see the same antics on the ship that you see in life.

Just as a sidebar, I paid the consumption fee for a bottle of baileys and had it in my room. So for those of you that think they have eliminated that option, they definitely have not. It was $9.50.

I will say defend RCCL in that the staff and crew were never anything less than pleasurable to deal with. I did not meet up with even one less than professional crew member. I'm sorry to say I can't make the same comments about the guests. I came across two individuals who were downright rude.. one in an electric wheelchair that "beeped" his obnoxious horn and spewed out nasty comments to anyone who stood in his way and the other a professional chair hog on the pool deck. Other than that, I had a delightful time on board the ship. I might add that I traveled with 29 people, 14 of whom were children ages 9 - 16 and I could locate those children anytime I needed to. It was not a difficult task if you set some parameters for them.

As for the ship itself, I thought it was beautiful. I guess it all comes down to mindset. I planned and planned this trip for a year in advance and yet I wound up doing entirely different things than I thought once I was on board. I wasn't disappointed, just surprised at how I chose to spend to my time. While I didn't climb rock walls or do inline skating, etc., I did thoroughly enjoy my nine days on board. I can't imagine having that ship at your disposal and coming away with nothing but complaints in the end.

To each his own, I guess... :o

Thanks for your support.

I got flamed on the formal wear thread on celebrity when I DARED to suggest that DRESS CODES should be DRESS guidelines and I thought people that insisted on enforcing them were pompous <tee hee> Glad my Tuxedo was Asbestos

Oh, that is a very big no no over there.

I just wanted to mention somthing that happened to us on Carnival. Our first cruise was on the Carnival Victory. At the time, I was 29 and DH was 39. Upon checking in, the Carnival rep entered DH's birthday as 1992 instead of 1962. We couldn't figure out why we kept getting stuff for the kids club until midway through the cruise. I had left my Sign & Sail card in the cabin and DH finally had to get up and go to the bar. They refused to serve him because it came up that he was only 10 years old. The bartender made a joke about it, and was very pleasant. He said that their computer won't allow alchol to go on the card of a minor. He called down to the Purser's desk and they had a new card ready for us when we got there, and he had the drinks waiting when we got back. It was VERY obvious that my graying. balding husband was of age and the bartender still wouldn't serve him.

I will also say that we saw worse behavior on Princess and in Disney World than we saw on either of our Carnival cruises.

On Friday the engines would not start and we had to be towed to the dock.

Oh yes I was on my boat.

Navigator in October

Everyone will have different experiences. If you want to find faults you will. If you want to have a great vacation and not worry about the little stuff. You will have a great vacation.

My two cents

Just as a sidebar, I paid the consumption fee for a bottle of baileys and had it in my room. So for those of you that think they have eliminated that option, they definitely have not. It was $9.50..

The new policy went into effect on 8/5/05.

Merion Mom,

Thanks for the info. I couldn't have known that one. On August 5th, I went to the liquor store on board to purchase my liquor to go home and had no desire to take it to my room, since I was on my way to a production show. However, it was too late for them to add it to the boxes to be delivered the following night to my room and I had to take them myself, with no consumption fee. I guess that would be the last night of the old policy and the first night of the new.

Thanks,

Donna

That is Quite Funny!!!

You take a serious post and make a joke about it. I wonder about the

World today.

This is a Typical reason why I never posted ont he boards.

Thank you for your lovely comment.

Can we possibly turn the drama down to just melodramatic? Good grief, we are not talking about Iran building Nukes here. We are talking about a cruise. In which it appears the cruiseline is getting blamed for no parental skills by parents. :D

jc

Oh, that is a very big no no over there.

All I tried to say was that Common sense should prevail and that the so called dress code should be a guide line for first time cruisers. WOW what a firestorm - and it still persists even after I walked away. What is hysterical

is that a couple of flamers who shall remain nameless accused me of wanting an exception and then 2-3 posts later someone asked about their elderly parents - OF COURSE THEY should have an exception she said ( which I agree) but now its - If I say you have an exception its ok but if you challenge the rules - - OH WELL! It is a never ending battle

So people are complaining about underage drinking. This is probably the reason RCCL eliminated the cabin consumption fee. It would be so easy for a teen to find someone to purchase them booze in the gift shop. Then they can go get drunk in their cabin, or somewhere else without even dealing with a bartender. The way I see it people can't have it both ways. Either give up some liqueur or deal with the drunk teens.

I don't understand why any cruise line, not just RCI puts up with underage drunken teens. There's the gangplank - use it at the first available port.

Beth

I think that your cruise experience depends on the passengers on your sailing. One sailing on the Voyager might have a totally different experience than someone on the sailing the next week. At least I hope that is the case since I am on the 8/26 sailing and don't want it to be anything like the 7/29 sailing.

I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for. If you want to be guaranteed good food All the time, and no wild kids ever, then maybe those people should look at some of the other cruise lines such as Cunard or Crystal. You can't go to an amusement park and not expect to find kids. Granted, RCI is NOT cheap, but it is middle of the road and who knows what will board with you.

I don't understand why any cruise line, not just RCI puts up with underage drunken teens. There's the gangplank - use it at the first available port.

Beth

Why wait until port? Just walk the plank now....:D

I think that your cruise experience depends on the passengers on your sailing. One sailing on the Voyager might have a totally different experience than someone on the sailing the next week. At least I hope that is the case since I am on the 8/26 sailing and don't want it to be anything like the 7/29 sailing.

I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for. If you want to be guaranteed good food All the time, and no wild kids ever, then maybe those people should look at some of the other cruise lines such as Cunard or Crystal. You can't go to an amusement park and not expect to find kids. Granted, RCI is NOT cheap, but it is middle of the road and who knows what will board with you.

Don't be discouraged by some posts regarding July 29, 2005 sailing.

I had a great cruise and had no negative experiences whatsoever. In fact, as I stated in my previous post, I was surprised how polite and corteous were the passengers on this particular cruise.

Have a great cruise!

Some of my further thoughts on the great 7/29 trip

- Most obnoxious person I met was a sober, woman at breakfast

- Never ate in the Windjammer, not ever. Don't like buffets- lunch or breakfast in Carmen dining room was always good. Alternative menu for dinner if I didn't like the entrees. Don't understand how you can complain about the food, the waiters will fix anything. A couple of times I received the wrong thing, they fixed it right away. I would sometimes order a small pasta course before my entree, always greated with an "of course".

- Security was all over this ship. They knew how many kids would be on board and they prepared for it, they increased the number beforehand.

- They had lists of names of all kids and ages of under-21's and their dob. My son was switching to an older age group for kids club and it all had to be documented.

- Weather was absolutely gorgeous, 9 days of sun. How come no one is talking about that. I have never seen a smoother sailing, no waves what soever. Every port was made. You can't ask for more than that.

- There were no kids in the solarium pool, what is better than that. Will not go into the other pools.

- Always found a deck chair whenever they needed it.

- I was on deck 7, always seemed to be kids in the library (of all places!). They could use some other kid areas, particularly for older teens.

Again, I would say that the majority of the passengers had a great time! But, you can't go on a ship looking for things to complain about because then you will find them.

- I use bad behavior by other kids as a learning opportunity with my kids to teach them what not to do. I don't really want to see it, but if it's there it's got to be addressed. Be happy that it wasn't your kids sneaking drinks, -

it's the little things in life....

LDinCT

Archived