Rocket Launch. PAX on Enchantment of the Seas 7/14 can see it!

If the rocket goes up PAX on Enchantment of the Seas , will have a great view of it. I hope I am read it right from the web site. So here it is

July 14 Falcon 9 • Orbcomm OG2

Launch window: 1321-1554 GMT (9:21-11:54 a.m. EDT)

Launch site: SLC-40, Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Florida

A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket will launch six second-generation Orbcomm communications satellites. The satellites will operate for Orbcomm Inc., providing two-way data messaging services for global customers. The rocket will fly in the Falcon 9 v1.1 configuration with upgraded Merlin 1D engines, stretched fuel tanks, and a payload fairing. Delayed from September, November, April 30, May 10, May 27, June 11, June 12, June 15, June 20, June 21, June 22 and June 24. See our Mission Status Center. [July 5]

http://www.spaceflightnow.com/tracking/index.html

If the rocket goes up PAX on Enchantment of the Seas , will have a great view of it. I hope I am read it right from the web site. So here it is

July 14 Falcon 9 • Orbcomm OG2

Launch window: 1321-1554 GMT (9:21-11:54 a.m. EDT)

Launch site: SLC-40, Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Florida

Geocruiser, Sorry but you may not be looking at the correct time. Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) is in the UK. Boarding will start around 11:30 Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) so not many will be on board by the end of the launch window. The rocket can launch at any time in the launch window. I believe this mission was scrubbed before and rescheduled for this launch window. If you are in the terminal or parking lot the view will be blocked by the ship. :(

Geocruiser, Sorry but you may not be looking at the correct time. Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) is in the UK. Boarding will start around 11:30 Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) so not many will be on board by the end of the launch window. The rocket can launch at any time in the launch window. I believe this mission was scrubbed before and rescheduled for this launch window. If you are in the terminal or parking lot the view will be blocked by the ship. :(

Just wait until after the launch window to board the ship. Lots of locations around there that will provide a great view of the launch. Of course the top deck of the ship would be best, but that will not be possible.

You are right about me not reading the time. I did say in my post that I was not sure of it. I am happy that you are able to help us all with the time frame.

From here https://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/events/2014/july/launch-falcon9-orbcomm-og2.aspx I can see if PAX are at the port early they can see it.

Thanks again for your help. I.

Edited by geocruiser

The top deck of the parking garage provides a good view of these launches. From there, the pad is just aft of the ship, so it shouldn't get in the way. We've watched a few from there - just boarded a bit later than usual.:)

Been in Cocoa for 4 launches, have not seen one yet due to delays. :( About same odds of making it to Coco Cay. :o

We got very lucky one day and saw one of the last shuttle launches from the deck of Monarch. For once there were no delays and it went off on time.

There is all ways a chance of delay. I have been lucky because I have seen many rockets and space shuttles go up. And have seen the shuttles pass by on its way to land. During the winter I live on the Space Coast about 25 miles away from the Cape and the beach is a great place to view the launches .

We got very lucky one day and saw one of the last shuttle launches from the deck of Monarch. For once there were no delays and it went off on time.

I think I saw that one from airport in Orlando. Friday afternoon, beautiful weather. Almost drove off road as I crossed over 528. Wife saw it from runway as plane landed

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I think I saw that one from airport in Orlando. Friday afternoon, beautiful weather. Almost drove off road as I crossed over 528. Wife saw it from runway as plane landed

It was May 14, 2010, about 2:30pm.