Future Cruise Credit Question

resordanis

Is it a FCC with a 2 year expiration date? If so & you want to use it for yourself you can call Princess to extend it for 2 more years.

No it is a 4 year one. I did go overboard and possibly purchase one too many.

Will keep it for a little while but probably will have to cash it in!

No it is a 4 year one. I did go overboard and possibly purchase one too many.

Will keep it for a little while but probably will have to cash it in!

Hopefully you'll find a great deal to use your FCC to reserve. I lost out on $300 of OBC for both of us by running out of FCCs so I now keep a few for any great last-minute deals.

Hopefully you'll find a great deal to use your FCC to reserve. I lost out on $300 of OBC for both of us by running out of FCCs so I now keep a few for any great last-minute deals.

We ran out also, going to stock up on those during our cruise on the Caribbean Princess in Aug.

We ran out also, going to stock up on those during our cruise on the Caribbean Princess in Aug.

That's good so you won't have to have an expensive lesson like we did but not having enough of them. I've read posts that say some people will go on the $39 Bon Voyage Experience where it's possible to purchase FCCs & the $39 fee is useable as a credit on a future cruise booked within I think 90 days.

That's good so you won't have to have an expensive lesson like we did but not having enough of them. I've read posts that say some people will go on the $39 Bon Voyage Experience where it's possible to purchase FCCs & the $39 fee is useable as a credit on a future cruise booked within I think 90 days.

Did not know that you could buy FCC during a BVE but have heard that the $39BVE could be used on a future credit on a cruise, thanks for sharing.

Because your FCC is one of the old (aka "good") ones, which have higher OBC levels for certain cruise lengths and categories, I have a suggestion.

Book a cruise for a date that's as far in the future as you can. Make sure it's not covered under a non-transferable non-refundable deposit promotion (if it's more than a year out, it probably won't be). Don't worry about using a TA at this point; just book it yourself through Princess. Call Princess to have the expiration date on the FCC extended and have it applied to the cruise. Then, later (a few months from now) cancel the cruise if you want. The FCC will be returned to your Captains Circle account with the extended expiration date. Sit on it for awhile. If, when its expiration draws near, you're still not interested in a cruise, you've only lost the use of $100 for a year or two. But if you do decide to cruise, you'll get the reduced deposit and FCC that you'll miss out on if you have it refunded now.

BTW- there are new FCCs and newer FCCs. The new ones must be used for a cruise that sails in two years. The newer ones must be applied to a booking within two years, because, obviously, the new FCCs frequently had to be extended and that was creating a lot of work for someone at Princess.

Did not know that you could buy FCC during a BVE but have heard that the $39BVE could be used on a future credit on a cruise, thanks for sharing.

The $39 BVE cost automatically gets applied to the first cruise you book after you take the BVE. If you subsequently end up canceling that cruise, you lose the BVE too (it is NOT automatically returned to your Captains Circle account). Be certain to make another booking within 90 days of your BVE first, and have the $39 moved to it, and then cancel the original booking.