Double booked cabin??

Anyone ever got to the port and been told that there is another couple booked in the same cabin that you have never heard of? Apparently our reservations were made within seconds of each other and computer put both couples into the same cabin. We were the first to arrive at port so we were given the room. Someone in charge said she would take care of moving the other couple to another cabin. Seems like a huge mistake. I have to wonder if their luggage will be delivered to us as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We actually went to our cabin and found someone else's luggage there. We went to guest services who promptly moved us to a balcony cabin. Lucky us - from an inside guarantee to a balcony just because we were the second ones to check in.

WOW. I didn't remember Jimbo's thread at all.

(I would rather have been the ones upgraded to the GS than the one who GOT the double-booked JS ;) )

That happened to us but at a Hotel, we had checked in and a few moments later we hear someone trying to get in. We were at a Convention and did know the other couple so DH and the other man went to the desk to say there was a minor problem.:) The funny part, both the last names were pronounced the same except for the spelling.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

I had this happen recently. My TA selected the cabin out of inventory while I was on the phone with her, I was booking multiple rooms (JS) so I had different reservation numbers. Process finished and final payment taken as it was within final payment period. She called back 1/2 later saying one cabin had already been booked. There were no more JS available at the time. After my TA talked with resolutions, they upgraded me to a GS.

Well things were complicated for the poor ones that didnt get the cabin. All of their stuff was delivered to us. Like her diamond welcome gift, invitations to events, luggage, etc. Her kids were next door (luckily) so we were able to get all of the stuff to them to pass along to her. All of her photos were also linked to our cabin.

Ours said NA on every category for 3 days before sailing. I assume they dont sell every single cabin just in case something happens.

And/or there is pretty much always a no-show or two. :eek:

I am really serious! Our cruise in Sept says nothing is available so are they full? What would happen if they had booked 1 or 2 families in the same cabin?

I really don't know. I suppose the same thing could happen if a cabin were not available -- maybe it flooded or had some other type of problem. I'm sure RCI would reimburse for the cruise. But I don't know if they would reimburse for the airline and other expenses. We go to Galveston, and our "plan b" has always been to drive to San Antonio instead. But I've never had to use "plan b". Also, what if you were traveling with other people and they got a cabin but you did not. Well, there's lots of "what if's". What if the cabin became unusable while you are at sea? What if the ship had a fire and all of the cabins had no power? (Oh, wait, that has happened twice to Carnival now.) What if you were ready to board the airline for your cruise and were bumped?

I'll tell you that I have never heard of anyone not getting a cabin. While yours is a good question, I would not sweat it. As others have said, it seems there are always some no-shows, or someone who is denied boarding because they do not have their proper documentation (passport or birth certificate). Unlike airlines, ships do not intentionally overbook. A double-booked cabin is extremely rare, I think.

Edited by Jimnbigd