Pacific Princess Full Suites

Off Shore

We are booked on back to back cruises from Hawaii to Polynesia in a mini-suite, We are considering upgrading to a full suite, but these would be in either the bow or stern, We assume that the balcony on the bow would be too windy, and those on the stern would have too much vibration. Are these valid concerns?

We are booked on back to back cruises from Hawaii to Polynesia in a mini-suite, We are considering upgrading to a full suite, but these would be in either the bow or stern, We assume that the balcony on the bow would be too windy, and those on the stern would have too much vibration. Are these valid concerns?

We were on Pacific in May in Alaska and had suite 6088. Absolutely the best cabin we have had on any ship. Love the aft wrap balcony. Yes, when the ship is making anything near full speed, you will feel some vibration. This is, as I understand, a common trait of all the ex R-Ships. If we were expecting speed, we would empty the table tops before bedtime. I go into this in my review of the May 13/20 r/t Vancouver. Also yes, when underway, most times the forward balconies would be windy. We would book the aft full suite again in a heartbeat. Amazing how quickly you adapt to a ship suite with 2 baths! Actually bath and a half but 2 toilets. Guess which one became the "boy bathroom".:D:D

We were on Pacific in May in Alaska and had suite 6088. Absolutely the best cabin we have had on any ship. Love the aft wrap balcony. Yes, when the ship is making anything near full speed, you will feel some vibration. This is, as I understand, a common trait of all the ex R-Ships. If we were expecting speed, we would empty the table tops before bedtime. I go into this in my review of the May 13/20 r/t Vancouver. Also yes, when underway, most times the forward balconies would be windy. We would book the aft full suite again in a heartbeat. Amazing how quickly you adapt to a ship suite with 2 baths! Actually bath and a half but 2 toilets. Guess which one became the "boy bathroom".:D:D

That's always been the only negative of cruising; sharing a bathroom. ;)

We had a deck 6 aft suite on the Ocean Princess - the Pacific Princess' sister ship. We loved every minute of it. One night we had enough vibration to send the fruit bowl flying off the dining table. Otherwise no problems from vibration. In fact, I hardly noticed them. I've been on other ships in aft facing cabins and had a lot more issues with vibrations.

One of the biggest issues I had was trying to fill up all the closets after flying.:rolleyes:

Enjoy!

We had a deck 6 aft suite on the Ocean Princess - the Pacific Princess' sister ship. We loved every minute of it. One night we had enough vibration to send the fruit bowl flying off the dining table. Otherwise no problems from vibration. In fact, I hardly noticed them. I've been on other ships in aft facing cabins and had a lot more issues with vibrations.

One of the biggest issues I had was trying to fill up all the closets after flying.:rolleyes:

Enjoy!

Have you ever seen so much storage space in a ship cabin? Amazing. I know I have lived in smaller apartments years ago.:eek::D

Have you ever seen so much storage space in a ship cabin? Amazing. I know I have lived in smaller apartments years ago.:eek::D

This is so true. I think I almost lost my husband in the cabin a couple of times. The spaciousness of the cabin and balcony really spoiled us. I think our first apartment was smaller than this cabin and certainly didn't have the same amount of storage space available.

I'd book these cabins again in a heartbeat if we sail whe these ships are going. I liked the small ship and the ability to get into city centers for docking while in the Baltic, particularly in St. Petersburg. I certainly did not miss all the "bells and whistles" of a large/mega ship.

We prefer aft suites on warm water cruises (the weather is such that we spend lots of time on the balcony). As for the vibration, we have it occasionally - it reminds me of a vibrating chair or bed. Very relaxing.:cool:

We prefer aft suites on warm water cruises (the weather is such that we spend lots of time on the balcony). As for the vibration, we have it occasionally - it reminds me of a vibrating chair or bed. Very relaxing.:cool:

The old "Magic Fingers" machine.:D:D

That's always been the only negative of cruising; sharing a bathroom. ;)

One thing to consider; We (two of us) once booked two adjacent regular balcony cabins with connecting doors on a 14-nighter (Hawaii R/T) with many sea days. That gave us one room for a bedroom, one used as a sitting room (the cabins had couches), two balconies, and two baths. It came out less expensive than a suite. No suite privs, but we didn't care about that.

Edited by Ryndam2002

One thing to consider; We (two of us) once booked two adjacent regular balcony cabins with connecting doors on a 14-nighter (Hawaii R/T) with many sea days. That gave us one room for a bedroom, one used as a sitting room (the cabins had couches), two balconies, and two baths. It came out less expensive than a suite. No suite privs, but we didn't care about that.

Now why hasn't anyone ever suggested that before? I love the idea and will store it away for future reference. Short cruises are manageable; it's the long ones that interfere. Thanks for the idea.

Now why hasn't anyone ever suggested that before? I love the idea and will store it away for future reference. Short cruises are manageable; it's the long ones that interfere. Thanks for the idea.

No problem. It will, of course, also work with two adjacent inside or OV cabins, as long as they are connecting. I know HAL and X have a number of these, not sure about Princess.

One thing to be aware of is that if there are just two of you doing this, you get hit with a single supplement for each of you since you are each booked as a single in one of the two cabins. But it can still work out to being less than a full suite, depending on the cruise. Single supplements, as you may know, can vary from line to line, as well as from cruise to cruise within a line.

Oh, and make sure you mark the bookings "no upgrade" so you don't get split up ;)!

No problem. It will, of course, also work with two adjacent inside or OV cabins, as long as they are connecting.

Princess has very few cabins with inside connecting doors. Most of these are on the Ocean and the Pacific.

Our friends were in an aft suite on the PP and complained of a lot of vibration on their TA cruise. Also your queen sized bed cannot be separated into twins. They preferred the minisuite and booked one on their next cruise.

No problem. It will, of course, also work with two adjacent inside or OV cabins, as long as they are connecting. I know HAL and X have a number of these, not sure about Princess.

One thing to be aware of is that if there are just two of you doing this, you get hit with a single supplement for each of you since you are each booked as a single in one of the two cabins. But it can still work out to being less than a full suite, depending on the cruise. Single supplements, as you may know, can vary from line to line, as well as from cruise to cruise within a line.

Oh, and make sure you mark the bookings "no upgrade" so you don't get split up ;)!

Reminds me of an incident many years ago, when we had to use another cabin at bedtime because they were pulling apart the walls in ours in order to find the "marbles" that were moving around inside. We did this for three nights and you should have seen the looks on faces when they saw us very obviously dressed for bed going to another cabin. :eek: