Oasis -taking soda/water on board

I have read conflicting information throughout the posts. Can anyone who has been on an Oasis cruise since the beginning of 2014 please advise if they allow you to bring onboard a 12pack of Coke and bottles of water?

I read somewhere they charge 2.88 per can for a coke. WOAH!!!

I am happiest when I can wake up and have a chilled can of Diet Coke...no coffee for me..everyone has their addictions!

We are sailing August 23..this cruise was gifted to my Mom and I...therefore we have not had much opportunity to budget and save for the "extras".

I've read that people will purchase a case of pop in FLL and just tape it up for security..attach a luggage tag too it and send it with the porter curbside.. Does this method really work?

It is definitely worth the hassle of lugging the stuff to the port if RCI will allow it to end up in your cabin. However my Mom has mobility issues, so I will be lugging EVERYTHING..that is why I am being very specific with the question.

Thanks in advance for any helpful information!!

We sailed the Allure in March and Oasis in June. On both sailings, there were cases of water in the halls with luggage tags attached and people carrying cases of soda. Unfortunately, I can't guarantee that they let you do the same on your sailing.

Don't even think about. Some people on these boards will call you cheap, a thief, and that you shouldn't cruise on Royal Caribbean because you're not helping to stuff their dividend checks........Just pony up and pay their overinflated rates and take it like a big man/woman!;)

Oasis is a big ship. It has bars/soda/and food all over. You can bring your own within reason, but to carry it with you, and have to walk 1/2 to get to your room, grab a coke, and walk back to where you are, not to mention, getting it on with all your luggage etc. My opinion, is find a way to buy the soda package. For only $52.00 you can relax, instead of running around! Your on vacation, enjoy it!

Just got off Allure three weeks ago and brought a 24pack of water. The porter was happy to take it from us and slapped a luggage tag on it. It arrived at our room no problem. Only time I've heard of issues regarding this is around spring break time.

Edited by jaredgold33

There have been reports that during spring break, they are more vigilant about water and soda but we've never had a problem. We use the luggage tag placed on the case of water method and it always gets there.

We cruised oasis in 2012......we took one 12 pack of diet coke in the box you purchase it in. Taped a luggage tag to it and used the same duct tape we used in our luggage bags to help identify it. We didn't put it in a suitcase or anything. Just left it open as is and put with our luggage. It did NOT make it to our room with the luggage. We asked our room attendant if he would go find it. He did find it and brought it to us and it had been dropped and four of the cans were gone. I didn't care because i still had 8 cans lol. This next time we go In November I see the purpose of taking bottled water with us. Those come in handy for excursions. Anyway you can try to do what some have said and put a luggage tag on it and send with luggage. If it makes it to your room then great. If not you are out about $4. Rules say it isn't allowed. Do what you want. Everyone is different.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums