How are the concerts??

jkjmt

Apparently only when they had a lot of unsold tickets

oh ok since I have already bought tickets as soon as we booked. So maybe i should of waited and I could of gotten free tickets.

Not really I booked the cruise to see the concert and for 20.00 it all good

The old lead singer is Steve Perry, did a couple of stints and left purportedly for health reasons (I have read several versions from double hip replacements to throat tumor). Very strong voice. They had at least one and I think two interim lead vocals but the current one (and he is pretty good, not Steve Perry though) is a guy from the Philippines called Arnel Pineda. He actually is pretty darn good himself. I believe they discovered him on Youtube.

Arnel has played with some of the Manilla bands, they all started in the bar/lounge scene in Manilla.

I wondered why they do alot of Journey songs;)

Mike

Arnel has played with some of the Manilla bands, they all started in the bar/lounge scene in Manilla.

I wondered why they do alot of Journey songs;)

Mike

I have seen Journey with Steve Perry and Arnel Pineda. He is good. When and if (they really deserve it) get into the R & R hall of fame I hope they both are there. I think Neil Schonn has hard feelings toward Perry for the way he dumped them twice.

All them drugs have a way of doing it to you.

True enough. Without totally taking the thread off line saw the rocumentary on the Eagles on Showtime (fantastic show). Joe Walsh credits Henley and Felder with basically saving his life and getting him to commit to rehab when the Eagles got back together in 92 (or 94 can't remember which).

If you were a fan of these bands "back in the day"...you might want to take a long look in the mirror before you are vocal about how the surviving band members look :D:D

It's the music and the connection to our brain and what was going on in our lives at that time that serve as the attraction more then the lead singer..that is why music theme cruises are so popular

If you were a fan of these bands "back in the day"...you might want to take a long look in the mirror before you are vocal about how the surviving band members look :D:D

It's the music and the connection to our brain and what was going on in our lives at that time that serve as the attraction more then the lead singer..that is why music theme cruises are so popular

But it hurts when I do that:D

Much prefer to remember them and myself from 30 years ago

My 2 cents-

If cruisers are paying 20.00 - 100.00 for seats and the concert is not sold out. Just does not seem right to give away seats to fill the venue. :(

If the group has no original members I would not go to the concert. :cool:

You do realize that concerts on land also give away tickets? Does it bother you to know if you paid for a concert at home that someone else got free tickets because of a contest? Same thing isn't it?

Much prefer to remember them and myself from 30 years ago

Totally agree with that one!

Foreigner, Styx, Chicago, Kansas....sounds like our county fair.

Believe it or not, that is what the cruising public wants in terms of a show on a cruise and works from an affordability and being able to put on.

My friend works for the travel agency who books those celebrity cruises, like Backstreet Boys, New Kids on the Block and Rick Springfield. These cruises are sold out immediately and command unbelievable prices, even for inside cabins. Seems people will pay anything to spend a few days with their former idols. They've been doing these for a few years now, so they must be profitable.

Eileen

After seeing Gavin DeGraw in our hometown last week, I am seriously considering going on the cruise to see him again. Not sure how it works, though. He is booked on two cruises at the same time. Do they dock one night in the same port and he switches from one to the other?

Apparently only when they had a lot of unsold tickets

Last month I saw Jennifer Hudson perform on the Ecstasy. Shortly after the muster drill... and while I was enjoying a Blue Margarita on the Serenty deck... they annouced that tickets were sold out. Tickets were $40 for regular seating and $150 for VIP. Thankfully mom and I purchased tickets when we booked our cruise.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

After seeing Gavin DeGraw in our hometown last week, I am seriously considering going on the cruise to see him again. Not sure how it works, though. He is booked on two cruises at the same time. Do they dock one night in the same port and he switches from one to the other?

Yes that is exactly how it works. They usually don't stay on the ship but come on for the concert and then leave (in this case to the next ship for the next concert).

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...
Silly question - do you see / interact with the performers around the ship?

There was a highly publicized "interaction" between some fans/cruisers and an allegedly drunk CW musician.

Edited by evandbob

No, haven't seen them around, at least none of the concert cruises we've been on. They do have a VIP meet, but didn't get to talk and it was quite rushed.

No word, as far as I know, about next year's schedule. Did hear there will be fewer and bigger artists.