Where's a good place for breakfast in Cocoa Beach?

Nadersmom

We plan on trying Fishlips, Rusty's or Grills for dinner during our pre-cruise stay. Can anyone recommend a good place for breakfast?

Staying at the Laquinta Inn and Suites on the beach. I know that they have a free continental breakfast, which I'm sure we'll take advantage of on the day of the cruise. But the only time we ever really go out for breakfast is when we are on vacation. Would like to make sure it's worth it :) Thanks!!

Boston Beef and Seafood

5590 N Atlantic Ave

They have a nice sized breakfast menu. Food was delicious.

a few weeks ago, quite suddenly and without warning the employees, owner locked the doors . . .

no, not just remodeling .. the building has been emptied out

got written up in the paper for the nice job done screwing the staff out of a last paycheck.

we talked about it right here when it happened . . .

Edited by Capt_BJ

I'll come back to Grills .....

fun place in the morning, much different then the afternoon/evening experience. You can watch the fisherman heading out ... place is not crowded ... and they do a 'fisherman's breakfast' which has some different menu items then those you see everyplace else. They have the regular stuff too .... but fish for breakfast just seems right when watching the morning boat traffic.

Did Barrier Jack's this morning. Got there early enough to avoid the line. I think we've walked away 3 times in past because of long lines. Fabulous meal, definately worthy of return

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Did Barrier Jack's this morning. Got there early enough to avoid the line. I think we've walked away 3 times in past because of long lines. Fabulous meal, definately worthy of return

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Thanks John&LaLa!!

I live in Cocoa Beach and there's only one answer to this question. Simply Delicious.

The port and the Radisson are in Cape Canaveral, so if you want something super close to there, then stick with Zachary's or one of the places at the port. However, if you're going to drive the 10 minutes into downtown Cocoa Beach, go to Simply Delicious. I like Barrier Jacks and order take out from there all the time, but Simply Delicious is the best and it isn't close. they make EVERYTHING from scratch - right down to the English muffins, the jellies/jams they give you, etc. Fresh and awesome. The only issue is that there's often a wait to get in because it's a small place, so if you're short on time, it may not work for you. However, I think it's pretty much the best breakfast spot in central Florida (I lived in Orlando for 8 years.) Trust me on this.

I live in Cocoa Beach and there's only one answer to this question. Simply Delicious.

The port and the Radisson are in Cape Canaveral, so if you want something super close to there, then stick with Zachary's or one of the places at the port. However, if you're going to drive the 10 minutes into downtown Cocoa Beach, go to Simply Delicious. I like Barrier Jacks and order take out from there all the time, but Simply Delicious is the best and it isn't close. they make EVERYTHING from scratch - right down to the English muffins, the jellies/jams they give you, etc. Fresh and awesome. The only issue is that there's often a wait to get in because it's a small place, so if you're short on time, it may not work for you. However, I think it's pretty much the best breakfast spot in central Florida (I lived in Orlando for 8 years.) Trust me on this.

Thanks so much Evilgrin72! So what qualifies as "early" when you say get there early? I'm an early riser anyway. But is early 6 ish? or do you mean before 9? :)

Thanks so much Evilgrin72! So what qualifies as "early" when you say get there early? I'm an early riser anyway. But is early 6 ish? or do you mean before 9? :)

You'll be OK then, I would think. Cocoa Beach as a town doesn't typically wake up too early. :D It's more the 10:00-2:00 hours that you'll run into lines. It's worth the wait, just don't know if you have the time.

Barrier Jacks is fine, but you will leave there smelling like fryolator oil, I assure you. Simply Delicious is like eating in someone's dining room. You'll love it.

ETA: It's #4 of 134 restaurants in Cocoa Beach on Trip Advisor (Certificate of Excellence for 2014, as Barrier Jack's has also - like I said, that's a good spot too) and 4.5/5 on Yelp on 179 reviews.

Edited by Evilgrin72
I felt like it.

Awesome. Thanks so much! From what it looks like on the map it's only about 5 or 10 minutes down from our hotel. Staying at the Laquinta Inn and Suites at the pier and will have a rental so we should be able to get there before 9 am easy.