How late to complete online check-in?

I can't remember where I read it like ... we are suppose to complete the online check-in at least 45 days prior to sailing?

Can some seasoned Princess cruiser confirm that?

If yes, I am cutting it very close. I went to the government office today to renew my passport that is expiring in less than 6 months. I won't get the new one until the end of July, sailing is August. The thing is the minute I submitted the application for renewal, they stamped my current passport "cancelled" (their standard procedure).

Thanks for anyone who can help out.

You will be blocked from your cruise personalizer for that cruise sometime before the cruise - about a week or so. So if you when you get your new passport you are unable to enter it and update the passport info, you will need to call Princess and have them input the correct info. Meanwhile, try to complete all the rest of the info.

Five business days before sailing for online check-in. After that, call Princess. You can also complete check-in at the terminal but it'll take a lot longer and hold up others.

I believe you can check the status of your passport application online and once it's issued, I believe you can see the new passport #. You can enter that into your Personalizer before receiving the physical copy.

Five business days before sailing for online check-in. After that, call Princess. You can also complete check-in at the terminal but it'll take a lot longer and hold up others.

I believe you can check the status of your passport application online and once it's issued, I believe you can see the new passport #. You can enter that into your Personalizer before receiving the physical copy.

He's in Canada...we're not that technically advanced up here :) I haven't heard of us being able to check a status online, you usually have to call. The good news, if you dropped it off at a Service Canada outlet (and you're in Toronto, passports are pretty much all processed in the East) you will have it likely within two weeks. They are quite fast.

You can input your passport information into the Personalizer up to 5 days (not 45) prior to departure. At that point, while you can still access the Personalizer for purposes of printing out boarding passes and luggage tags, you can't make any entries or changes. So, if you receive your new passport after the Personalizer is closed out, you can call Princess (up through the day prior to embarkation, which is when I did it -- not that I'm recommending passport renewal 24 hours in advance of departure!) and have them enter in your new passport info. Then go back in and print the BP and tags.

While you can technically do this at the pier, you'll want to do it in advance so you can have your boarding pass and luggage tags in hand, which I don't think you can print until the passport data is complete.

Hopefully this clarifies the situation for you.

You can input your passport information into the Personalizer up to 5 days (not 45) prior to departure. At that point, while you can still access the Personalizer for purposes of printing out boarding passes and luggage tags, you can't make any entries or changes. So, if you receive your new passport after the Personalizer is closed out, you can call Princess (up through the day prior to embarkation, which is when I did it -- not that I'm recommending passport renewal 24 hours in advance of departure!) and have them enter in your new passport info. Then go back in and print the BP and tags.

While you can technically do this at the pier, you'll want to do it in advance so you can have your boarding pass and luggage tags in hand, which I don't think you can print until the passport data is complete.

Hopefully this clarifies the situation for you.

ggprincess2004, Working 2 Cruise, Pam in CA, sueandkent, Colo Cruiser, rdsqrl:

Thank you for your comments.

I called Princess this morning also, the lady on the phone said since we are sailing in the latter part of August, getting my new passport July 30 and completing the online check-in should be OK.

Thanks again to all.

• 3 months later...

I just booked a last minute cruise on Sunday and then left on Monday for a short cruise. My travel agent was frantic. She needed information from my cabin mate at least a week before the next cruise and she knew I was going to be on a ship, heading out to open waters. If she couldn't get this information, Princess would have canceled our booking.

Short story, all was completed by noon while I was still in port.

I got this from a very reliable source (to remain un-named). Los Angeles port authority is requiring at least a week to run checks on the manifest. It is printed on new bookings. If you do not complete this information, they may cancel your booking without a refund.

You say you have 30 days to spare. That's a good cushion. As everyone else has mentioned, fill in as much as you can before hand.

This is a good reminder for everyone to always make sure their passport is current.

I got this from a very reliable source (to remain un-named). Los Angeles port authority is requiring at least a week to run checks on the manifest. It is printed on new bookings. If you do not complete this information, they may cancel your booking without a refund.

Homeland Security requires the manifest about an hour or two before sailing.

Filling out all the info online beforehand allows Princess to prepare this even if you check in at the last minute.

I have no idea why the LA Port Authority has any interest at all in checking the passenger manifest.