Princess buy one and received credit on another

spunkie4

Last fall, and through the early months of this year, Princess had the promotion where you booked a cruise and received the initial cruise fare off any cruise booked in the future or the amount applied to a current booking not paid in full.

Has anyone heard any "rumors" about this fall?

Shirley

Quite the opposite, I just heard onboard that will most likely never be offered again, they did offer a special if you booked a coastal cruise 3-5 days while onboard.. 30% off cruise price, $50 pp OBC (most sailings) and get this $3 deposit! This was on the Caribbean Princess!

Haven't heard anything but it certainly was great while they had it. We did a 4 night on the Sapphire in January and booked a full suite knowing that the price of the cruise would be applied to our upcoming Panama Canal cruise. Considering port fees, insurance, and travel to Los Angeles the cruise only cost us about $100 per day out of pocket. Quite a bargain for a long holiday weekend. In contrast, we just spent the 4th of July holiday weekend in Lake Tahoe and considering lodging, food, gas, etc. it was right about $500 per day.

I suspect that promo (it was only for those booking 3 and 4 day sailings, I think) was to fill those sailings ... Maybe Princess cut back on the number of those cruises or figured a better way to market them rather than, in essence, giving them away

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using Forums mobile app

I suspect that promo (it was only for those booking 3 and 4 day sailings, I think) was to fill those sailings ... Maybe Princess cut back on the number of those cruises or figured a better way to market them rather than, in essence, giving them away

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using Forums mobile app

And these 3 4 5 day are fairly new with Princess. I wish they would come back to the NY area with something other than Canada/NE. Love that one but we have done it 3 times. I wish they would do Bermuda at least. They had one 4 day I think a yr or 2 ago, but its cost was similar to a 7 day RCCL So that's what we did. I think those short cruises started when they for the most part left NY. I even wish for a TA out of NY

We took advantage of that offer, too, last fall. This year we recently booked buy one, get the other 1/2 price on a 5 day Western Caribbean on the Caribbean Princess for Sept. 20th. Not sure if they are still offering it but it was a great deal.

Sandy

Last fall, and through the early months of this year, Princess had the promotion where you booked a cruise and received the initial cruise fare off any cruise booked in the future or the amount applied to a current booking not paid in full.

Has anyone heard any "rumors" about this fall?

Shirley

The 100% FCC sale was an incentive to fill the getaway cruises during the shoulder seasons last year. I suppose it will depend how well the cruises sell this year. It appears that Princess is using a new strategy however. We noticed that on the Alaskan cruises Princess was not keeping teaser insides available. On several cruises the insides and OVs were sold out and there only balconies available for several weeks. It looks like princess is trying to hold the line on pricing. I took advantage of the sale in the fall and applied my full FCC to our cruise sailing this week. Thank you Princess! Love the 2 for 1!

It looks like princess is trying to hold the line on pricing.

On a Carnival Corp phone conference call for analysts, Carnival Corp (owner of Carnival Cruise Lines, Princess, etc.) said this year they would rather sail with some empty berths than lower prices too much.

They did not specify to which of the cruise lines this applied to.

On a Carnival Corp phone conference call for analysts, Carnival Corp (owner of Carnival Cruise Lines, Princess, etc.) said this year they would rather sail with some empty berths than lower prices too much.

They did not specify to which of the cruise lines this applied to.

I have to say that as a Shareholder in Carnival (small shareholder) I find this idea upsetting.... I would rather have a "full" ship at lower prices than sail "not full" which seems to be a total loss of income for Carnival......Even if you lower the price to fill the ship, most of the profit comes from "onboard spending" or so it seems to me.

I can always hope!

We took advantage of the promotion last fall and cruised in January. We used the credit of our upcoming September cruise.

We are booked for december 2015 for South America. Would be nice to have a credit to apply to that cruise.

Shirley

I have to say that as a Shareholder in Carnival (small shareholder) I find this idea upsetting.... I would rather have a "full" ship at lower prices than sail "not full" which seems to be a total loss of income for Carnival......Even if you lower the price to fill the ship, most of the profit comes from "onboard spending" or so it seems to me.

I agree. No bodies buying drinks, shore excursions, Future Cruise Credits, etc. Plus, the crew then gets shorted on their income, which could lead to mutiny -- or at least an exodus of trained personnel, which would lead to more costs to re-staff with new employees. Turnover costs money. The strategy of not sailing full on purpose sounds so ridiculous that I'm nearly 100% confident it was misunderstood by the listener. Or deliberately floated [nice pun, eh?] as disinformation.

We took advantage of it, too, and applied the credit to our upcoming ta on the Ruby.

We're hoping that some of those great deals are offered again this winter. We'd definitely be on board!

Sadly they didn't offer any of these cruises out of SF. If you could sail from LA it was a great deal but it didn't work for us.

(I could have made it work for my job but my wife couldn't swing the extra bit it would take to sail out of LA as her office was under some pretty extreme deadlines at that time.)

The conference call indicated that the practice was resulting in higher profits, so as a stockholder you should be happy.

They were really talking about the last one or two percent cabins not being booked, not a higher percentage.