Mini Steamer

VickiD59

Was so excited to receive my mini travel steamer in time to pack for my BA cruise this Sunday - my niece just told me she thought she read somewhere that I can't pack it, and it will be confiscated??

Is this true? It's the kind that you pour tap water into and plug in. Really....confiscated?

Was so excited to receive my mini travel steamer in time to pack for my BA cruise this Sunday - my niece just told me she thought she read somewhere that I can't pack it, and it will be confiscated??

Is this true? It's the kind that you pour tap water into and plug in. Really....confiscated?

I know that regular irons (and travel size irons) are forbidden items (because of fire hazard), maybe that is what your niece read about? Don't know about travel steamers though - if they would be considered a fire hazard as well.

Edited by TrumpyNor

On Carnival they have a small laundry on each deck where you can also use an iron; I know this is not the case with NCL, so what option would we have if we need to iron something?

You just ask your room steward for an iron plus iron board, and he/she will bring it to you (and pick it up again when you are done). If it is not that many items you are talking about, then the price for just pressing at the laundry on board is not too bad (I have done that a couple of times, when I have had a nice dress/shirt/blouse that got a little wrinkled in the suitcase, and it was items that were kind of "complicated" to just iron).

Edited by TrumpyNor

On Carnival they have a small laundry on each deck where you can also use an iron; I know this is not the case with NCL, so what option would we have if we need to iron something?

You have some choices:

1 Downy Wrinkle Release, available in most grocery stores or places like walmart/target

2 Ask if you can borrow an iron & ironing board, they have them available, you may have to call customer service/front desk.

3 Bring the steamer and hope you can use it... I'm sure I've read where others have taken them and had no worries using them but I've never done it myself.

You have some choices:

1 Downy Wrinkle Release, available in most grocery stores or places like walmart/target

2 Ask if you can borrow an iron & ironing board, they have them available, you may have to call customer service/front desk.

3 Bring the steamer and hope you can use it... I'm sure I've read where others have taken them and had no worries using them but I've never done it myself.

EXACTLY what I just told my niece - I'll bring the steamer and hope for the best, but the other option is we'll ask for any iron, and

bring Downy as well. Thanks :)

Edited by VickiD59

I have taken my mini travel steamer with me on all my cruises......and never had a problem.

Harriet

In a pinch (actually more frequently than that...) I hang the garment on a hanger on the hook behind the bathroom door, turn the shower on extremely hot, close the curtain and close the bathroom door. In no more than 5 minutes any silk or polyester (not stubborn linen) will be wrinkle free! *Warning you will also have a very steamy bathroom (but only for a short period of time)*

I bring my mini steamer on all my cruises,and have never had a problem. It was never taken from my luggage, and it never gets hot enough to do any damage. There are no laundry rooms on NCL so there is no where to use an iron and ironing board.

There are no laundry rooms on NCL so there is no where to use an iron and ironing board.

On all NCL ships passengers can borrow an iron and ironing board for a shorter period of time through their room steward. They then use it in their stateroom....

It's Sunday night - where is your steamer? :o

Security will usually confiscate any heating device if they find it.

NCL has irons and ironing boards available for a couple hours delivered to your stateroom.

Have a great cruise!