No more goodie baskets?

EngIceDave

Jmo, but there hasn't been anything worthwhile in those dishes in the short time I've been cruising with CCL.

That horrendous soap will dang near remove the skin from your hands and you definitely need to moisturize after using it - smells like crap too, imo.

Let's not even talk about the shampoo in the shower :eek: and, seriously, who outside of some extremely low maintenance guys just uses shampoo and no conditioner?

I bring travel sizes of everything I could possibly need or want including shower gel and shampoo/conditioner.

Hi all!

Oh that was a nice little perk with Carnival! On my 1st cruise with them on Dream April 2013 there was Turtles in the clamshell as well as Breathe rite.

Last time on Breeze in May just the Breathe Rite & something else I didn't use. Oh well at least they still give chocolates which some other lines don't unless you're special.;)

~ Jo ~ :)

We went platinum last October & on our 11th cruise this June both times for the first time in 13 years absolutely nothing in the little shell except a bar of soup, not even a freakin' lotion. We thought we would be getting more little goodies because we when platinum. Dang, even the cheapest motel out there on land at least you get a small bottle of hand lotion. It maybe a cheap lotion, but at least it's something more than just a bar of soap. I remember when they used to be full of neat little things. And we also loved those razors too. Still using the one we got a few years ago, I just buy blades for it. We started cruising in 2000 & I have noticed from cruise to cruise each time it got less & less & less, now there is nothing in them. I'm just Wondering when they will also be taking away those turn down mints, well actually they used to be those yummy Andres chocolate mints back in the day, now they are those cheap Palmer (think cheap chocolate bunnies at Easter) chocolates that taste more like chalk instead of chocolate. :(

Edited by thepauls93
Spelling

• 2 weeks later...

I don't count on any of it ever being there. I view this stuff as being very random and not reliable at all. However, I wish it was more standardized like a hotel where you knew what you were going to get. Like I know i don't have to pack my own this or that because the hotel will provide it, rather than I better pack this because I don't know if I'll get it.

I remember my first cruise in 2010 we got a really nice razor and a lot of really nice toiletries. Now that was awesome. I'm not complaining one bit, I just don't see the point in doing it if one cruise you'll get tons of stuff and other cruises all you'll get is a bar of soap. Too random and inconsistent.

I believe the companies are cutting back on the free samples. My neighbor owns a few hotels in a large metropolitan area. He used to bring over goodie boxes to us full of free samples all the time. The kids loved them. He told me the companies would send these boxes full of sample items (unsolicited) and he would get at least two large boxes a week. This last winter I shovel/snow-blow his property while he was out of town. He brought a couple of bottles of wine for the wife and apologized to the kids for not having anymore goodie boxes lately, because they don't send them to him anymore. I can believe that. The things we use to get for samples you can now find at WalMart in the $0.88 bin. :rolleyes:

I know working for a College, our bookstore used to get pallets full of these "campus kits" to give to the students. They were pretty much a sample box, a razor, toothpaste, couple of condoms, tampons, and information on getting a credit card. Come to think of it, I have not seen those boxes come here for a couple of years now.

Edited by MV Wiggle

Do they still have the soap and shampoo in the shower?

They had shower gel & bath gel and a piece of soap in a plastic wrap. When we hit San Juan we did an excursion to CVS for some shampoo. I don't mind it not being there, just thought it would be like normal.

We lucked out last August on the Elation, then ... we had all kinds of stuff in our little shell. Soap, lotion, breathe right strips, floss sticks, and 2-3 powdered lipton tea samples.

I made them when we got home and they were delicious.

I wasn't expecting any of this, and certainty didn't pack with any expectation of getting it.

Coincidence? [emoji6]

Edited by christyran1228

Not in the room but I remember a couple of years ago on the Miracle, they had freebies in the Changing room for the Spa/gym/steam/sauna. Just for Men Hair color. After the first couple of days the only flavor left was dark blonde. But it was a decent freebie.

Not in the room but I remember a couple of years ago on the Miracle, they had freebies in the Changing room for the Spa/gym/steam/sauna. Just for Men Hair color. After the first couple of days the only flavor left was dark blonde. But it was a decent freebie.

Darn always wanted to be a blond:);)

It sounds like they need to remove the clam shells....an empty clam shell is a horrible touch. :(

I liked the goodies.....it was a nice touch for sure.

I actually used to put my personal items in!

I always thought the freebees were manufacturers samples. Not paid for by Carnival just handed out complimentary for free advertizing. Sometimes they run out...

Last few years they have been, but earlier you used to get lotions, soap and I think shampoo before they put a dispenser in the shower. We've even gotten those little shoe shine cloths before...many years ago.

Edited by Terre