The Cruise tv series

chromered7

This show probably would put you off unlike The Cruise, the one on Celebrity with Jane Macdonald, we couldn't get our hands on a brochure quick enough :)

We even sailed on Galaxy as a result, but that was a BBC production.:o

For those 'over the pond', here is the link to ITV's website for 'The Cruise Ship', but I don't think it will work as you are out of the UK, but give it a go. Failing that, have a look on youtube...someone might have posted it. https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/the-cruise-ship/series-1/episode-2

As far the programme goes, I agree it would put you aff going on a cruise, but remember guys ITS A TV PROG! It is obviously going to be biased, inane and try and pander to peoples pre conceptions of cruise ships...but we all know better!

Simon

Edited by sddsddean

We even sailed on Galaxy as a result, but that was a BBC production.:o

I agree. It showed the people and line well. There were some 'interesting' passengers. But they make good tv again. I vividly remember the older lady whose teddy bear went with her around the ship, including the dining room

As far the programme goes, I agree it would put you aff going on a cruise, but remember guys ITS A TV PROG! It is obviously going to be biased, inane and try and pander to peoples pre conceptions of cruise ships...but we all know better!

Simon

Unfortunately, people are people and many these days appear to avoid using common sense at all costs. Most people don't have our first hand experience with cruising, and instead will be easily influenced by what they see without applying any critical thinking to it. They will go away thinking that what they have just seen is EXACTLY the way it is, and will be turned off to cruising as a result. :(

Edited by boogs

After having watched it last night, I wouldn't even consider a Princess cruise now.

Reality challenged is one's inability to distinguish fact from fiction. :confused:

For those in the US - download ZenMate or Hola - set it to UK and then go to https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/

ZenMate will disguise where you are from. You maybe required to sign in to ITV with a post code - CV21 2BG is what I use. ITV can detect where you are from and will reject non UK pc's unless you have this app, which sits on the address bar and can be toggle on/off at will

Remember to switch Zenmate off afterwards so that you may resume surfing as a US citizen or wherever you are from. Also useful for the BBC iplayer too and for other countries.

Thank goodness we are confirmed Celebrity cruisers! We're Elite Plus after many Celebrity cruises, and just love the product and service, especially Solstice class.

We came over from Princess several years ago, and this awful programme proves we were right!

Agree with former post, it looks like Butlins on sea!!!!!

Thank goodness we are confirmed Celebrity cruisers! We're Elite Plus after many Celebrity cruises, and just love the product and service, especially Solstice class.

We came over from Princess several years ago, and this awful programme proves we were right!

Agree with former post, it looks like Butlins on sea!!!!!

For those in the US - download ZenMate or Hola - set it to UK and then go to https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/

ZenMate will disguise where you are from. You maybe required to sign in to ITV with a post code - CV21 2BG is what I use. ITV can detect where you are from and will reject non UK pc's unless you have this app, which sits on the address bar and can be toggle on/off at will

Remember to switch Zenmate off afterwards so that you may resume surfing as a US citizen or wherever you are from. Also useful for the BBC iplayer too and for other countries.

Downloaded ZenMate. Works like a charm. It's available in the Chrome Store if you use that browser.

This show probably would put you off unlike The Cruise, the one on Celebrity with Jane Macdonald, we couldn't get our hands on a brochure quick enough :)

We also decided to book our first cruise after watching The Cruise programme based on Galaxy.

I agree. It showed the people and line well. There were some 'interesting' passengers. But they make good tv again. I vividly remember the older lady whose teddy bear went with her around the ship, including the dining room

Mrs Goodman!

Steven & I bumped into her in Macy's in Fort Lauderdale a couple of years ago. We heard her voice (complaining loudly to one of the employees) and we both knew exactly who it was before we turned around:D

I can't find it in the US. However, a search brought me to this video on YouTube. It's over an hour long - a "documentary" that a group of the crew on a Royal Caribbean ship made about their lives on ship and in port. It was uploaded in 2014, but made in 2002. It's pretty interesting.

I know it's very narrow minded of me, but this show has definitely put me off from ever cruising on Princess.

We are Elite on both Princess and Celebrity. We did a B2B last December on Royal Princess. Will not go back on that ship. Celebrity does large ships much better. But we will be back on Princess' smaller ships which they do very well. They both have much to offer and we will not limit ourselves to any 1 line.

We choose our cruises by itinerary, price and ship. And sometimes the ship is our destination as in RCI's Allure and Oasis.

For anyone who hasn't seen this programme yet, don't bother. It is terrible - the whole feel of it is tacky to say the least.

It make Princess Cruises look like a very poor imitation of a 2 star AL hotel or holiday camp. :eek:

It certainly hasn't done them any favours.

Can we, in USA, get ITV?

I have a lot of channels on Directv but can't find it.

It's not on Directv or any of the standard available cable services. I tried to get it on the internet and found that it required registration and a valid postal code. Unfortunately, it does not accept the postal codes in the US.

We returned from a wonderful cruise on Celebrity Eclipse yesterday. I recorded the 2 shows we missed as we are sailing on the Royal next January. We are Elite members with both Celebrity & Princess & have enjoyed all our cruises with both lines. Based on this awful programme I would never cruise with Princess. The show is in no way indicative of the Princess line, just pure sensationalism. Where did they find some of those people? They must have trawled the ship in order to find the very worse passengers they could! Whilst they do have game shows etc, there are many quiet, sophisticated places to be on board. Princess have, in my opinion shot themselves in the foot, if they attract this type of passenger due to this show, I for one will jump ship!:confused: As for the assistant cruise director, did they bring him in especially for this show? I don't think on all our numerous cruises I have ever seen anyone so cringeworthy! I will tentatively reserve further judgement until after our cruise on this ship:eek:

We have sailed Princess 10 times. (Not on Royal yet.) So, we like it. The last couple of years, we have been going on one Princess and one Celebrity.

We've cruised Princess almost 30 times and have also been sailing both lines the last couple of years).

I think we will continue that pattern, at least for a while. We haven't seen the television show.

We have discussed the differences between the lines at length and here is what we have decided. This is just our opinion, and we always go on a cruise determined to have fun, no matter what.

Here are our comparisons in red.

-Celebrity is just a bit nicer all around.

Not sure of that.

-We think the food on Celebrity is better. We particularly like Blu.

We like the quieter atmosphere in Blu but think the food is MUCH better on Princess. Only advantage to Celebrity is that I gain less weight. ;)

-The entertainment is better on Princess. We are games people and enjoy the evening games they have a lot. Celebrity has some excellent solo entertainers.

Agree. Love the piano bars on Princess.

-Service is very good on both, but just a bit better on Celebrity.

- We like the International Cafe on Princess which serves sandwiches, salads, and goodies. We do like the pastries at the Celebrity coffee bar.

-Regular coffee, although not great on either one, is a bit better on Celebrity.

I think the coffee is much, much better (including the cappuccino) on Princess!

-The ships are quieter on Celebrity.

Haven't noticed any differences.

-We like MUTS on Princess.

I LOVE the Solarium pool on the S class and miss that on Princess.

-Recently, we have found the itineraries on Celebrity to be better.

-We pay a bit more for Celebrity, but think it is worth it.

I know everything is subjective, but those are our thoughts. We are American, and I am sure that affects our opinion, too. We always have a good time regardless of ship and line. We have tried to sample a few cruise lines to get an idea of what we like. DH and I are of the opinion that you can have a great time on either Princess or Celebrity.

Ohiodoglover

We returned from a wonderful cruise on Celebrity Eclipse yesterday. I recorded the 2 shows we missed as we are sailing on the Royal next January. We are Elite members with both Celebrity & Princess & have enjoyed all our cruises with both lines. Based on this awful programme I would never cruise with Princess. The show is in no way indicative of the Princess line, just pure sensationalism. ]Where did they find some of those people? They must have trawled the ship in order to find the very worse passengers they could! Whilst they do have game shows etc, there are many quiet, sophisticated places to be on board. Princess have, in my opinion shot themselves in the foot, if they attract this type of passenger due to this show, I for one will jump ship!:confused: As for the assistant cruise director, did they bring him in especially for this show? I don't think on all our numerous cruises I have ever seen anyone so cringeworthy! I will tentatively reserve further judgement until after our cruise on this ship:eek:

My comparisons to Ohiodoglover are in red in the body of their post.

This last winter we sailed 2 weeks on the Eclipse followed immediately by a week on the Royal Princess so the similarities and differences were very apparent.

For those two cruises the service was head and tails better on Princess but I'm hoping it was just an off week for the Eclipse.

Other years the service on both lines were both wonderful.

We don't get this show in the US but I've read many threads about it and it doesn't seem to reflect what a Princess cruise is really like AT ALL!

Edited by chamima

It's not on Directv or any of the standard available cable services. I tried to get it on the internet and found that it required registration and a valid postal code. Unfortunately, it does not accept the postal codes in the US.

Google a UK postcode and try that!! Worked for me here in OZ!! But be warned it's cheesier than a round of Gorgonzola !!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The show is in no way indicative of the Princess line, just pure sensationalism. Where did they find some of those people? They must have trawled the ship in order to find the very worse passengers they could! Whilst they do have game shows etc, there are many quiet, sophisticated places to be on board. Princess have, in my opinion shot themselves in the foot, if they attract this type of passenger due to this show, I for one will jump ship!:confused: :

My thoughts exactly - bet they are regretting in now ! :rolleyes:

We are Elite on Celebrity, Platinum on Princess and have future cruises booked on both lines. Our opinion of the programme is yes, it is tacky tabloid TV. The worst part is that it makes the staff look very unprofessional. Both in the entertainment department and the head chef.

Of course it is all down to the editing but has made us think that our friends, who don't cruise, if they watch this, will never, ever be tempted to join us.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are Elite on Celebrity, Platinum on Princess and have future cruises booked on both lines. Our opinion of the programme is yes, it is tacky tabloid TV. The worst part is that it makes the staff look very unprofessional. Both in the entertainment department and the head chef.

Of course it is all down to the editing but has made us think that our friends, who don't cruise, if they watch this, will never, ever be tempted to join us.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

YES, As they say in the UK.

Pure Rubbish !!! :eek::eek:

It definitely isn't the best TV programme in the world that's for sure!

The Cruise with Jane McDonald was interesting and made me want to go and try cruises and best thing I did! :)

Even sailed on the Galaxy which was a truly awesome cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'll see if any episodes are available on YouTube . That being said, I quite enjoyed the 6 episode series Cruise Ship Diaries based on the Costa cruise line. Great behind the scenes documentary

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Forums mobile app