Room Service?

nb125

Since the cabin stewards are not on duty until 8 AM for breakfast and do get a break at lunch time and dinner time before they turn down the beds for the night, there is no way that the person delivering the meals can get a pass key when they can't find the cabin steward.

So the food goes back to the kitchen.

Thanks, I will revise my plan in that case. I was thinking of eating in the MDR, having two courses and then going back to pre-ordered dessert and coffee on the balcony. I was just wondering what would happen if I got the timing a bit wrong, so now I will simply order when we get back.

That's a good plan.

You should be there when the order arrives.

Some people like to tip the person who delivers the food.

Yes we always tip for room service and wouldn't intentionally not be there, I was asking just in case it happened.:)

Thanks, I will revise my plan in that case. I was thinking of eating in the MDR, having two courses and then going back to pre-ordered dessert and coffee on the balcony. I was just wondering what would happen if I got the timing a bit wrong, so now I will simply order when we get back.

I've had the wait for room service up to 60 mins at dinner service.

I've had the wait for room service up to 60 mins at dinner service.

Right, looks as though its going to be the old juggling act with plates and cups of coffee from the buffet then.:)

Right, looks as though its going to be the old juggling act with plates and cups of coffee from the buffet then.:)

Sail7seas posted about getting some take out trays from her local Whole Foods and packing them for Lido runs. You might also be able to find an inexpensive plastic cafeterias style tray locally or on Amazon where they sell for around $7.

Sail7seas posted about getting some take out trays from her local Whole Foods and packing them for Lido runs. You might also be able to find an inexpensive plastic cafeterias style tray locally or on Amazon where they sell for around $7.

I can hear the comments about taking the kitchen sink coming already and that will be not counting what DH will say :D

Even though the tray under the ice bucket is small, you can get a couple of cups of coffees on it and at least 1 dessert while the other person carries the second dessert.

Nice one!

Really? Someone would take up the space in their suitcase, to bring Whole Foods or Amazon bought trays? Let alone the tackiness.......JMO

Yes, really. When someone has only two hands, and uses one of them for her cane, then someone does what she must to gather her food items. :rolleyes:

Couldn't you ask for a tray in the buffet restaurant and take it to your room? Or order coffee in the morning and keep the tray. (Leave a note for the steward to leave it if you leave the room)

Yes, DH used the water/glass tray to pick up a couple margaritas and nachos a couple times on one of our other cruseline trips. Would think you could do the same on HAL.

Couldn't you ask for a tray in the buffet restaurant and take it to your room? Or order coffee in the morning and keep the tray. (Leave a note for the steward to leave it if you leave the room)

Yes, DH used the water/glass tray to pick up a couple margaritas and nachos a couple times on one of our other cruseline trips. Would think you could do the same on HAL.

I didn't realise they had trays in the buffet.

I meant to disrespect. I apologize. Thank you for putting me in my place

I get your point, but it's a viable workaround for someone who wants to take something back to his or her room and doesn't want to juggle plates. I suggested it because they're flat and lightweight. If you have ever tried to carry breakfast back to a spouse who's feeling under the weather, the line between tacky & genius fades pretty quickly. :)

I didn't realise they had trays in the buffet.

HAL no longer has trays in the Lido buffet. I doubt they have any available to hand out to pax who ask for one but I've been wrong before.

As far as I know, your only options are to use the one underneath the ice bucket or bring one with you.

Really? Someone would take up the space in their suitcase, to bring Whole Foods or Amazon bought trays? Let alone the tackiness.......JMO

I have a tray from the local $store....used and misplaced the ice bucket tray on our last cruise, and the NL is so handy for morning coffee delivery, that I decided to bring one. Guess I need to apologize in advance for being tacky

Marilyn

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Since the cabin stewards are not on duty until 8 AM for breakfast and do get a break at lunch time and dinner time before they turn down the beds for the night, there is no way that the person delivering the meals can get a pass key when they can't find the cabin steward.

So the food goes back to the kitchen.

KK I don't think that is the case. If so, how did that Room Service Steward get into that ladies cabin on the nude cruise and hide on her balcony until she came home and did what he did?

Correct. I did not mean to disrespect anyone. I do my best not to make that my style - I just thought that there would be trays available on the ship (as there were on our other cruises) rather than someone feeling that they needed to accumulate a tray prior to the trip and pack it in their suitcase, which would seem to me to be poor planning on HAL's part....which would force some customers to have to purchase then pack. That is the tacky part. SO again I apologize.