If you skip appetizer

No so. You can ask the waiter to bring any part of your dinner even the entrée despite the fact that others are still eating their multiple appetizers.

True, you can ask, but if you don't, the default behavior will be to keep the pacing the same for everyone.

During our last Cruise, our table ordered several appetizers and didn't bring all the dinners out until they were done, our daughter asked our waiter if we could be served and not wait and they gladly accomodated us. Our table guest were understanding and had no problem with it but we asked if they would mind if we were served ahead of them and no problem. Our daughter usually excused herself while we stayed on and visited. We could have waited to be served.

Good news: Keep looking.

Every now and then there is STRAWBERRY ice cream in the Windjammer!

:)

How have I missed ice cream in the Windjammer? Is it there for both lunch and dinner? (We've only done dinner once in the WJ, and we thoroughly enjoyed it.)

True, you can ask, but if you don't, the default behavior will be to keep the pacing the same for everyone.

That's also true. However in your previous posted you neglected to let the OP know that they had the option to ask to have their entrée served earlier. Thus the reason for my previous post.

If you are at a table for 2, then you'll likely be out in a short manner. We always cruised with a group of 6 to 8, all got wine and full meals. Usually took around 2 hours. Then my wife and I did a table for 2. We were done headed to the desert course in 45 minutes and we didn't skip a course. So we slowed the pace and had coffee after as we had nowhere to go.

So, as others have said, they serve each course to the whole table. But if you are a table for 2 then you'll be at a quick pace. You only have to wait for your tablemate. So no need to worry, you'll likely finish dinner in a reasonably quick time.

That depends in large part on where that table for 2 is located. On Allure, we were seated near several huge tables (12+) who took our waiters' attention to the point that we left before dessert so we could get to the show. They apologized profusely, but even though we only ordered an appetizer and a main course, it still took close to 90 minutes.

StarryEyes is right. If you are in MTD and skip any starter, your server can and will bring out your main course as soon as you want it.

Just order an entree as your appetizer. My husband does lobster as aoppetizer then pasta or something.

I like the order in advance idea. Just because it's MTD doesn't mean fast. I have also experienced 90 minutes with no desert. I really wish that the windjammer opened earlier for dinner would do it more. For those that get in an out in less than an hour is that a large ship or small and what time (early late?)

If the waiter has 3 tables of 8, no big deal. The problem is whether or not those tables come on time. I don't think you can skip appetizer. The main meals aren't cooked yet

You can skip any part of the meal you want....you can tell your wait staff you need to be finished with dinner quickly....but don't think that the meals aren't cooked already....for a dining room the size that it is, they would have to pre-prepare parts of the main course or it would be havoc.