Celebrity prices gone up in the UK!

kikki21

I think that if people knew who to book with in the US and that the process was easy and obviously the price was right then more Brits would do so!

We can buy near enough everything else from there but holidays are different!

I'm happy with the price I've paid but will watch those prices just in case! I don't think anything is ever going to beat a very special offer I caught on the Jade which was 10 nights in a mini suite for just over £500 each! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yesterday, I booked a cruise on Eclipse in May 2015. On an American TA's site it was £152 more than I paid. Booked with a UK online TA through a great ex Celebrity employee who looked after us very well when we booked direct.

I don't think it is typically cheaper via the UK though. Last year we sailed Celebrity and we got an incredible deal off our US TA and with $900 obc on top.

This year with Royal maybe the deal is not as good but was still much cheaper (around £1800 cheaper at the time we booked) than booking via the UK.

Of course you also have to factor in the advantageous booking conditions; no loss of deposit if you cancel before final payment, price drops up to final payment and upgrades after. For those reasons alone I would be loathe to book with a UK agent or direct.

. . . price drops up to final payment and upgrades after. For those reasons alone I would be loathe to book with a UK agent or direct.

I got a price drop and upgrade direct from Celebrity UK earlier this year; just took one phone call to go from balcony to Aqua at £300 less.

Stuart

Yesterday, I booked a cruise on Eclipse in May 2015. On an American TA's site it was £152 more than I paid. Booked with a UK online TA through a great ex Celebrity employee who looked after us very well when we booked direct.

Come on over to our roll call if you are on the 7 day Eclipse Fjords!

I don't think anything is ever going to beat a very special offer I caught on the Jade which was 10 nights in a mini suite for just over £500 each! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

21 nights in a mini suite on Jade 13th December over Christmas and New Year for £1069 each (plus grats and flights of course)?

Keep watching.....................

In my experience, it really fluctuates - who is getting the "better deal". On our upcoming cruise, we booked almost a year in advance. The rate came down for US one time in AQ - by $100 pp. However, it came down several hundred pounds and thousand+ Euros for the Brits and Europeans. Canadians saw a drop too. I subscribe to a service that pings me whenever the rates go down and they kept dropping for other countries - just not the US.

Our cruise is on the Eclipse, departing from Southampton. Just checked our rates yesterday as we're 6-weeks out, and AQ is being sold at the same rate, at least our category is.

In my experience, it really fluctuates - who is getting the "better deal". On our upcoming cruise, we booked almost a year in advance. The rate came down for US one time in AQ - by $100 pp. However, it came down several hundred pounds and thousand+ Euros for the Brits and Europeans. Canadians saw a drop too. I subscribe to a service that pings me whenever the rates go down and they kept dropping for other countries - just not the US.

Our cruise is on the Eclipse, departing from Southampton. Just checked our rates yesterday as we're 6-weeks out, and AQ is being sold at the same rate, at least our category is.

I booked that August Norway cruise using the on board booking offer about one month before the 123 offer came out. So I've watched the pricing very closely on the US "gnome" travel site. As soon as 123 came out prices rose a few hundred and they have continued to rise and cabin selection has decreased. I think that is just a popular cruise for uk residents to book that don't have to buy or hassle with airfare so they pay more for the cruise.

My DH and I won't be sailing from the UK anymore due to GBP. It also looks like, if you check the air fare for next year, Europe will be out of the question for us, but I do have a free ticket so that nay let us do another European cruise with a huge agenda on land too. Prices have been going crazy all over and since the airlines have all the mergers settles, it looks like supply and demand will need to kick in big time! Having said that, there is a lot to do in the States and Canada! But my heart will always be in Europe...

Edited by Lastdance

21 nights in a mini suite on Jade 13th December over Christmas and New Year for £1069 each (plus grats and flights of course)?

Keep watching.....................

At least one UK TA is now offering the same 21 nights in a Balcony WITH flights and transfers ex LHR for £1299 per person, they are the 1st?