Shampoo, conditioner, soap

CobbClan

I have read reviews, and saw photos of the dispensers HAL is now using on the ships. But from there we are traveling to Denali and staying at the Westmark in Anchorage after that. What are the offerings like at McKinley Chalet and the Westmark?

My experience last month is they have the same dispensers and same products as on the ships. I'm not sure the dispensers carry the Elemis label but they look the same and the product seemed the same to me.

Edited by sue1898

I've been happy with them but I'm not picky and use whatever is available in hotels, etc. There have been reports here on Cruise Critic of people being sensitive to them but I have never experienced any problems.

I've been happy with them but I'm not picky and use whatever is available in hotels, etc. There have been reports here on Cruise Critic of people being sensitive to them but I have never experienced any problems.

Me, too. Also, the shampoo is good for doing any bits of hand-washing you need to do!:) Ha! Ha! After reading that, I thought I should specify I mean laundry - not washing your hands....

Edited by Vict0riann

What is your opinion of the shampoo and conditioner products? I usually travel with some of my own products but will bring less if the ship's products are decent.

Do you mean onboard? They have Elemis products. In dispensers in the shower (shampoo, conditioner, bath gel):

vsnnyg.jpg

And small hand soap and lotion by the sink:

mh4v8g.jpg

Personally, I don't care for them. I find them extremely drying to my hair and skin. We bring our own bath soap and shampoo. I can live with the conditioner, however.

If you are asking about the products in the hotels (during the land tour), they can vary by hotel. Some are good, some not so much.

What is your opinion of the shampoo and conditioner products? I usually travel with some of my own products but will bring less if the ship's products are decent.

loved the shower gel - but since I have silicone/sulfate free hair, I didn't risk the shampoo and conditioner [didn't take time to find/read the ingredient list]

Do you mean onboard? They have Elemis products. In dispensers in the shower (shampoo, conditioner, bath gel):

vsnnyg.jpg

And small hand soap and lotion by the sink:

mh4v8g.jpg

Personally, I don't care for them. I find them extremely drying to my hair and skin. We bring our own bath soap and shampoo. I can live with the conditioner, however.

If you are asking about the products in the hotels (during the land tour), they can vary by hotel. Some are good, some not so much.

I totally agree with Shamoo. My DH has more of a problem with it, he seems to have a skin allergy to the products. His skin breakouts when using it, so we bring along our own soap and shampoo.

Back in 2005 HAL gave us both the Elemis and Royal Dutch products as they were testing the Elemis products.

DH takes many medications and had a bad reaction to the Elemis shampoo and hand soaps. He turned red and became all itchy.

Once the Royal Dutch products disappeared completely about a year later, we now bring all own shampoos, conditioners and hand soaps.

I don't usually have a problem with products affecting my skin, but boy the Elemis Eye Serum really did a number on me earlier this year. I bought it on our January cruise on Carnival and started using it. Seemed okay, but after about 3 weeks I developed bad bumpy, itchy spots on my face below my right eye. I stopped using the Elemis and it finally cleared up after several weeks. Threw it out. I've been using all Estee Lauder skin products, makeup, etc. for 15 years and love them, so why switch? I bring my own shampoo and soap on cruises, too.

I don't usually have a problem with products affecting my skin, but boy the Elemis Eye Serum really did a number on me earlier this year. I bought it on our January cruise on Carnival and started using it. Seemed okay, but after about 3 weeks I developed bad bumpy, itchy spots on my face below my right eye. I stopped using the Elemis and it finally cleared up after several weeks. Threw it out. I've been using all Estee Lauder skin products, makeup, etc. for 15 years and love them, so why switch? I bring my own shampoo and soap on cruises, too.

That isn't good. Glad you didn't get any in your eyes.

We had that on Princess as well...Terrible smell and made me itchy after 1 use. Glad I bring my own soap (dove or oil of olay) and lotions....

You are not alone...

Me, too. Also, the shampoo is good for doing any bits of hand-washing you need to do!:) Ha! Ha! After reading that, I thought I should specify I mean laundry - not washing your hands....

Since I got itchy from using the products 1 time, I wouldn't dream of washing any garmet/undies that touches any part of my body....just think about that:eek: