In Case Anyone Might be Affected

Just got an nice price drop on our Nov 23rd Shilouete cruise. Was able to keep the beverage package and OBC from the TA. I think this sale ends this weekend, so if you do have an upcoming cruise, you may want to check your pricing.

Always appreciate when someone posts a price change. Unfortunately, my next cruise, November 5th TA is almost sold out and prices for remaining cabins are going higher.

Always appreciate when someone posts a price change. Unfortunately, my next cruise, November 5th TA is almost sold out and prices for remaining cabins are going higher.

YES!! Excellent examples for the marketplace at work. Prices tend to go either UP or down. If you buy early and the price goes down, Celebrity will generally make some adjustments, especially before you have paid up. Prices going up mean you either bought early at a good price . . . OR . . . you were smart in booking a popular cruise.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Back from doing a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure on this ship and getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 68,334 views for this fun posting.

Just got an nice price drop on our Nov 23rd Shilouete cruise. Was able to keep the beverage package and OBC from the TA. I think this sale ends this weekend, so if you do have an upcoming cruise, you may want to check your pricing.

We too have got a reduction on a recent price drop and like you have also retained the 123 benefits.

Thanks for telling us. TA said Celebrity are the only line that does this....

Yet another reason to book with them.

A friend booked the Constellation for December the day before the sale was announced on Friday. The travel agent was able to get him the lower fare yesterday and he saved a bundle and got to keep the drink package!

When I booked my Reflection cruise for November, in March, I got an even better price on Aqua Class than they are offering now-and I got the drink package back then also. Everyone is happy all around!

Thanks for the tip. I have been checking via cruise**** but didn't check yesterday and almost missed it. I've mailed our TA and hope they'll be able to act in time. I am from Ireland, but have booked with US agent for first time this cruise and this ability to get reductions when there is a price drop is new to me. Here's hoping.

Thanks for the tip. I have been checking via cruise**** but didn't check yesterday and almost missed it. I've mailed our TA and hope they'll be able to act in time. I am from Ireland, but have booked with US agent for first time this cruise and this ability to get reductions when there is a price drop is new to me. Here's hoping.

Let us know how you make out!

ON ours (Nov 8) the Aqua is almost 2k pp. so no help, however, if we could just switch sailings, the 22nd diff itin. it is right at 1k pp! Snap!!!!

Thanks for the heads up, thankfully we paid just over $200 pp less for Veranda on our sailing. I guess we should be satisfied!

Quick update. 2 Cabins, $200 reduction on one (2D) and $100 on another (12 inside) Also, instead of previous $475 obc in the 2D cabin, have got $550 (1-2-3go applies and I took the obc) In inside cabin $275 obc given instead of my previous $100. They seem to have applied 1-2-3go to inside ($200 obc). I queried this with TA as she was on the phone to Celebrity. I said that I was sure it didn't apply but she said "no, they say the $200 obc from Celebrity applies". I let it go but I'm sure it doesn't apply to insides, so that obc will probably be reduced when they have another look. I'd imagine that this will be as good as I'll get on this cruise and I'm very happy with it.

I was right. I actually get $200 less obc per cabin. The TA must have given me incorrect info at the time. Apparently only two promotions are combinable and the recent price drop was counted as a "Caribbean Deal" promotion. So no Holiday promotion for me.

Isn't it funny that even if you make a saving on a cabin price but your obc is slightly less than it was before you feel less than happy!!

I should just be happy and not think about what might have been...