Remind Me Please

AlohaPride

Or you can get one of these to expand the ship's US outlet:

http://www.amazon.com/3-Outlet-Charger-Protector-Charging-Outlets/dp/B0015DYMVO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1406427832&sr=8-3&keywords=power+strip+with+usb

Note that the plug is at the top (not the middle as in the one you showed), so this is more likely to work in the ship's outlet. It includes 3 110V plus 1 USB, so you can charge a whole suitcase full of stuff.

Belkin.jpg.2e0b726828de4dc8ab1f9b6c311f3a5b.jpg

Just off the Eurodam. I used a 4USB plug from Walmart. Steward let me leave it plugged in. We had 2 American and 2 European outlets over our desk. We used our converter plug only in our land based hotels. Our sons used a non surge power strip that had USB plugins on it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That's a really cool plug, Jazzy. I'll have to show it to my hubby!

That has a surge protector and should not be used.

Edited by jtl513

Just off the Eurodam. ... We had 2 American and 2 European outlets over our desk.

It's important to note that it is the Eurodam that has the two sets of outlets (guessing the Nieuw Amsterdam does, too).

Most of the HAL ships have only the one set of outlets, so people who don't know the little differences shouldn't get confused here.

Mary,

Are you renting a fridge for the cruise? If so it comes with a power cord and gives you several outlets for your own use. We had an OV on the June 22nd cruise and I had no problems with outlets thanks to that power cord! I had the scooter and hubby's nebulizer to plug in (at times) as well as chargers for the toys - ipad, Kindle, cell phone, and camera. Mind you I didn't do them at the same time but it worked out really well. The fridge was $2.00/day and worth every penny. Contrary to what others say here it kept water and pop very cold. I had to adjust the temperature because some froze!

Karen

It's important to note that it is the Eurodam that has the two sets of outlets (guessing the Nieuw Amsterdam does, too).

Most of the HAL ships have only the one set of outlets, so people who don't know the little differences shouldn't get confused here.

The four Vistas all have the dual combo outlets too - at least in the veranda cabins we've had. But you're right - 9 out of 15 is "most" :) Edited by catl331

Mary,

Are you renting a fridge for the cruise? If so it comes with a power cord and gives you several outlets for your own use. We had an OV on the June 22nd cruise and I had no problems with outlets thanks to that power cord! I had the scooter and hubby's nebulizer to plug in (at times) as well as chargers for the toys - ipad, Kindle, cell phone, and camera. Mind you I didn't do them at the same time but it worked out really well. The fridge was $2.00/day and worth every penny. Contrary to what others say here it kept water and pop very cold. I had to adjust the temperature because some froze!

Karen

Do you need to make arrangements before the cruise for the fridge - or ask at the desk after you get on?

Do you need to make arrangements before the cruise for the fridge - or ask at the desk after you get on?

Our TA arranges it ahead of time for us but I've heard you can ask at the front desk. We get it to keep pop and water cold. It's $2.00 a day.

Karen

Contrary to what others say here it kept water and pop very cold. I had to adjust the temperature because some froze!
That's because the rental ones are true compression-cycle refrigerators, not the thermo-electric coolers that you hear people talking about most of the time on the newest six ships. The T-E coolers can't freeze anything or keep ice stored in them from melting.

They are limited, so it's best to reserve one by calling Ship Services, 800-541-1576 Edited by catl331

Or you can get one of these to expand the ship's US outlet:

http://www.amazon.com/3-Outlet-Charger-Protector-Charging-Outlets/dp/B0015DYMVO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1406427832&sr=8-3&keywords=power+strip+with+usb

Note that the plug is at the top (not the middle as in the one you showed), so this is more likely to work in the ship's outlet. It includes 3 110V plus 1 USB, so you can charge a whole suitcase full of stuff.

Someone had suggested this on a previous thread where there was a discussion about power strips being confiscated. (I've brought non-surge protected power strips for years on cruises.)

I bought it and brought it for my Alaska cruise just to be safe. The outlet space was too tight on the Amsterdam and it didn't fit.

Someone had suggested this on a previous thread where there was a discussion about power strips being confiscated. (I've brought non-surge protected power strips for years on cruises.)

I bought it and brought it for my Alaska cruise just to be safe. The outlet space was too tight on the Amsterdam and it didn't fit.

I bought this Belkin because of recommendations from others here on CC. Used it on MANY cruises and was planning on taking it on the Amsterdam in March. You say it doesn't fit?

The outlet space was too tight on the Amsterdam and it didn't fit.
You shouldn't use that on the ship anyway because it does have a surge protector, but in case you want to use it elsewhere that is tight: that plug rotates and locks in four positions. Edited by jtl513

I bought this Belkin because of recommendations from others here on CC. Used it on MANY cruises and was planning on taking it on the Amsterdam in March. You say it doesn't fit?

The case (outside) was too wide for the space where the plug was located on the unit I purchased from Amazon.com earlier this year. Sometimes the newer iterations of a product are not the same as the earlier versions.

If yours fit in the past, I am sure it will fit again.

I just wanted to Caution folks that it may not work for them.