Are any drinks included in fare price?

We are first time cruisers going on Serenade of the Seas 12 night Adriatic cruise from Rome, in September.

Are any drinks (ie coffee, tea, water, juice, soft drink) included in the fare price when dining in the main dining hall? Thanks

We are first time cruisers going on Serenade of the Seas 12 night Adriatic cruise from Rome, in September.

Are any drinks (ie coffee, tea, water, juice, soft drink) included in the fare price when dining in the main dining hall? Thanks

Yes

:-)

Coffee, tea, tap water yes.

Juice only at breakfast and not the fresh squeezed one.

Soft Drinks never.

Coffee, tea, tap water yes.

Juice only at breakfast and not the fresh squeezed one.

Soft Drinks never.

Lemonade also available.

I have usually been successful at getting juice (apple, tomato) as a starter drink at lunch and dinner in the MDR, but not sure what the official policy is.

Coffee seems to be always offered in the MDR at the end of lunch and dinner; you can get it with your meal but only if you are VERY direct in saying that is what you want.

If you have traditional dining (fixed time and waiters for dinner) and ask for ice tea your first meal, it will generally be there waiting for you at subsequent meals without having to ask.

If you are offered "Sparking or still water?" that is for sale. Still water equals bottled water that you will pay for. IMO the ship tap water is fine, and I just reply "tap water, please."

enjoy your cruise

Thom

I have usually been successful at getting juice (apple, tomato) as a starter drink at lunch and dinner in the MDR, but not sure what the official policy is.

The only time Juices are included These days is for breakfast. You were lucky getting it at lunch/dinner time without extra Charge.

Juice used to be included in MDR many years ago, but that one stopped.

Of course These days it´s included in some of the packages.

All of the above posters are correct, but I will try to add a more full list of what we have found :)

tap water (filtered, very good IMO)

some flavoured waters (flavours vary) at cafes and windjammers (not the main dinging room)

iced tea

fruit punch on some ships in cafes and windjammer (not the main dining room)

juice (breakfast only, not fresh squeezed)

lemonade (by that, I mean what Americans mean by Lemonade, I think you might know it as Lemon Squash. NOT the fizzy and clear drink often sold under the brands Sprite or 7-up)

hot tea in a variety of flavours

coffee (plain and decaf--Seattle's Best brand--DH says is is terrible)

instant hot cocoa

milk

chocolate milk

Edited by NHDisneylover

Your first cruise! How wonderful! Prepare to be astounded.

I love the Serenade, and I believe you will, too.

You might want to bring an insulated cup to refill at one of the drink stations so you can carry your favorite with you. And I refill my water bottle (just please be sure to pour from a glass rather than directly from the spigot).

Personally, I think the coffee is just fine - although I need to water it down a bit.

Happy sails!:)

Kathy

Paulxyz2004: I guess it has been awhile since I got lunch or dinner juice at no charge. Probably not since I discovered that I could (usually) have a standing order with my dinner waiters for the cold soup of the day in a glass - some of those are quite good smoothies!:) I had one wait staff tell me a year or so ago that they were "not allowed" to bring the cold soup in a glass, but the glass of soup awaited me at the dinner table on all three (thus far) of my 2014 RCI cruises. No additional charge (other than maybe some plus up tips at the end at my discretion).

Thom

Paulxyz2004: I guess it has been awhile since I got lunch or dinner juice at no charge. Probably not since I discovered that I could (usually) have a standing order with my dinner waiters for the cold soup of the day in a glass - some of those are quite good smoothies!:) I had one wait staff tell me a year or so ago that they were "not allowed" to bring the cold soup in a glass, but the glass of soup awaited me at the dinner table on all three (thus far) of my 2014 RCI cruises. No additional charge (other than maybe some plus up tips at the end at my discretion).

Thom

Thom, we experienced cold soup being served that way on our recent cruise on Rhapsody. It actually looks more appetizing in a glass than in a bowl.

OP hope you don't mind me hijacking ;)

It been a few years since we last did a cruise, 6 I think, and they didn't do the drinks packages etc then as far as I can remember, only the wine package for dinner.

We're not big drinkers so will just be getting dh a soda package, dd has a soda package included.

I'll probably stick to the free drinks during the day and pay per drink for dinner.

Could someone please confirm where I would get the free drinks from? Wouldn't want to have to go to the buffet just to get a lemonade or tea, or back to cabin for room service.

Thanks

It been a few years since we last did a cruise, 6 I think, and they didn't do the drinks packages etc then as far as I can remember, only the wine package for dinner.

We're not big drinkers so will just be getting dh a soda package, dd has a soda package included.

I'll probably stick to the free drinks during the day and pay per drink for dinner.

Could someone please confirm where I would get the free drinks from? Wouldn't want to have to go to the buffet just to get a lemonade or tea, or back to cabin for room service.

Thanks

Any place that serves food has the free drinks (so Windjammer, Promenade Cafe, Park View Cafe, etc). It varies by ship what is available--but there always seems to be something fairly nearby :)

Thanks

Lemonade and iced tea are only available from restaurants on Adventure. You may find iced tea in Cafe Promenade from time to time, but it's rare in my experience.

Tap water

• Flavor Waters ( Windjammer , other locations vary by ship)
  • Lemonade ( Windjammer, Café Promenade and Restaurants only)
  • Tea ( hot and iced )
  • Coffee ( non specialty only )
  • Juice from concentrate at Breakfast only ( Juice ordered bars cost $ and fresh squeezed OJ cost$)
  • Milk
  • Hot Chocolate ( Nestlé's instant packets)

Other free drinks :

• Free Drink(s) at Captains Party
  • Free Champagne and non-alcoholic punch served at Art Auctions
  • Free drink(s) at Top Tier C&A Member Event . Must be Platinum or above and it's by invitation only
  • Free Drinks 5:00PM - 7:00PM in Concierge Lounge if booked in a Suite ( Jr. Suited don't count)
  • Free Drinks 5:00PM -7:00PM if Diamond or above C&A Member
  • Varies by ship but on occasion there have been free drinks served the Meet & Greet. You can register for it on CC.

Edited by xxoocruiser

Guest maddycat
Tap water

• Flavor Waters ( Windjammer , other locations vary by ship)
  • Lemonade ( Windjammer, Café Promenade and Restaurants only)
  • Tea ( hot and iced )
  • Coffee ( non specialty only )
  • Juice from concentrate at Breakfast only ( Juice ordered bars cost $ and fresh squeezed OJ cost$)
  • Milk
  • Hot Chocolate ( Nestlé's instant packets)

Other free drinks :

• Free Drink(s) at Captains Party
  • Free Champagne and non-alcoholic punch served at Art Auctions
  • Free drink(s) at Top Tier C&A Member Event . Must be Platinum or above and it's by invitation only
  • Free Drinks 5:00PM - 7:00PM in Concierge Lounge if booked in a Suite ( Jr. Suited don't count)
  • Free Drinks 5:00PM -7:00PM if Diamond or above C&A Member
  • Varies by ship but on occasion there have been free drinks served the Meet & Greet. You can register for it on CC.

The time varies by ship. On our last few cruises it has been 5:00 - 8:30.

Thanks for all the info!!!

We are travelling as a family group of 12, aged between 29 and 75. I know the 'grownups' will be glad about about the tea and coffee! Me, not so much lol. I pretty much only drink Coke.

SO next question - how much is Coke if I buy it by the glass? Trying to work out if it is worth buying a soda package... our cruise is a port heavy one, 12 out of 14 days.

Thanks!

We are travelling as a family group of 12, aged between 29 and 75. I know the 'grownups' will be glad about about the tea and coffee! Me, not so much lol. I pretty much only drink Coke.

SO next question - how much is Coke if I buy it by the glass? Trying to work out if it is worth buying a soda package... our cruise is a port heavy one, 12 out of 14 days.

Thanks!

Its $2.88 a can - I don't believe you can buy it by the glass. We find the soda package very good value

Its $2.88 a can - I don't believe you can buy it by the glass...
I agree; as a general rule single purchase comes in cans only. Soda package comes by glass only (ie does not come in a can). I'm sure people can cite occasional exceptions.

Thanks!

Fellow Coke addict here--hi! :D

I have found that buying about 3 per day is the same as having the package. A PP is correct though that fountain soda is what you get on the package. There is about half as much soda in one of the glasses from the bar as would be in a can of Coke, and I find that at least half the time the mix is off and there is not enough syrup--some sailings I have not gotten a single Coke that was decently mixed. (once in a blue moon the bar will need to change over the bottles and pour me one from a can rather than go do that right away, but I can think of maybe four times that has been the case in 80 nights of sailing).

I have reached the point of preferring to buy them as I go and have a them from a can with the right ration of soda to syrup ;) I also like getting a can to throw in the in room fridge to have first thing in the morning, while I am still waking up and getting dressed (I TOLD you I am an addict).

Also, since you mention it is a port heavy cruise, technically they can stop you from bringing your own soda onboard, but no one has ever stopped me (I do not think it is often enforced). I usually buy a cold drink while in port and pick up an extra one to take back on the ship with me (that becomes my "in the fridge" one for the next morning.

Also, if you happen to be staying in a suite, they wil bring you canned sodas at no charge during the cocktail hours in the lounge.

Whataver is in the windjammer fountains ( juice, tea, lemonade, plain water, ), sodas are never included. Hot tea, and regular coffee are included but if you want a latte or speciality tea or coffee its extra. FRESH squeezed oj is extra but they have the concentrate in windjammer.