Freedom of the Seas drydock

Our embarkation docs for March 1 DID say terminal 10, but now that area has been changed and is blank. A RCCL agent told us that they haven't made up their mind yet. :rolleyes:

Well that's keeping their options open!!!

Cheryl

Please, could you confirm that Ben & Jerry's and the famous Ben & Jerry's sweet (suite) room 6305 are still there after drydock? I am wondering because from what I have garnered on the boards, B & J left the Oasis during the recent drydock.

TIA! I and my 18yo child of a daughter will be most anxious to hear a repy.

I was in the B&J sweet 01/04, 2-night sailing. It's ready to have a little work done on it, but not sure about it being back. Not sure why it wouldn't be.

Royal finally confirmed some changes on their website, most of what we already knew. Sabor, Giovanni's Table and Rbar as well as a few other things...

http:// http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?shipCode=FR

That page was no longer available. But the enhancements are listed under the Freedom of the Seas -

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?shipClassCode=FR&shipCode=FR&br=R

My docs for the February 15th sailing say embarkation is at terminal #1
My docs for 2-22-2015 say Terminal 1 but folks on our rollcall and the couple we cruise with have docs that say Terminal.

I would expect that RCI will contact folks with texts, recorded messages, emails to update us but I will call the Port Authority on the Monday before the cruise. They gave me good information for our 12-4-2014 EX cruise. We departed from Terminal 10 but returned to Terminal 6. RCI had buses with luggage storage underneath to transfer from Terminal 6 to Terminal 10's parking garage.

If all the changes are true that I have seen posted, then the deck plans cannot be accurate listed on the link in this thread on the enhancements. The May 2015 to April 2016 deck plans still show Portofinos and no new cabins, no changes to Diamond or CL, the Crypt is still listed, etc. Best to just wait and see after the dry dock.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Still shows card room. Many have said Izumi is going there. :confused:

I think that page is only about the 2011 drydock. I cant find ANYTHING on there that says anything about this drydock. Thats also an old video as well.

Edited by ryano

I think that page is only about the 2011 drydock. I cant find ANYTHING on there that says anything about this drydock. Thats also an old video as well.

Not sure about that. Lots of coming soons as well as Giovani and Sabor

I am sailing on the first cruise out of drydock and have called RCCL cruise planner dept on several occasions regarding the specialty restaurants since they offered a 30% discount if I made 3 reservations. Answers I've gotten include: Portofino's will replace Giavanni's......uh no Portofino has been there.....then rep got insistent so I knew she knew less than me (!) Called on another occasion to ask about making reservations over the phone and she said "nothing was available" during that cruise for the evening I wanted ....... :confused: So I decided not to sweat the small stuff and just run around that first day and make reservations for whatever is there new or old! Ticks me off I can not take advantage of the 30% discount.

I am sailing on the first cruise out of drydock and have called RCCL cruise planner dept on several occasions regarding the specialty restaurants since they offered a 30% discount if I made 3 reservations. Answers I've gotten include: Portofino's will replace Giavanni's......uh no Portofino has been there.....then rep got insistent so I knew she knew less than me (!) Called on another occasion to ask about making reservations over the phone and she said "nothing was available" during that cruise for the evening I wanted ....... :confused: So I decided not to sweat the small stuff and just run around that first day and make reservations for whatever is there new or old! Ticks me off I can not take advantage of the 30% discount.

The 30% discount is in effect for bookings made on board too.

The 30% discount is in effect for bookings made on board too.

Well - I'm very surprised about that! I will give it a whirl when we get on board but I was told by the Reps it was only available up to 4 days prior to boarding and had to be fully paid in advance in order to get the 30% (in OBC).

Of course, you know the wealth of information I've gotten from them so far. :rolleyes:

Well - I'm very surprised about that! I will give it a whirl when we get on board but I was told by the Reps it was only available up to 4 days prior to boarding and had to be fully paid in advance in order to get the 30% (in OBC).

Of course, you know the wealth of information I've gotten from them so far. :rolleyes:

Hopefully they have not changed the policy by the time you cruise.:rolleyes:

I am also on the Feb sailing and I have looked at all my documents. Where do you see the departing dock?

I just checked again. The copy I printed a few weeks ago says 10 but the one online now says Terminal 1. woohoo!

In case you didn't see Sherri's post: "On the printable copy, page 8 -- under "Port Directions"

Edited by sml3

I just checked again. The copy I printed a few weeks ago says 10 but the one online now says Terminal 1. woohoo!

In case you didn't see Sherri's post: "On the printable copy, page 8 -- under "Port Directions"

I, am I assume others, will be waiting for your reviews.

12:45 on a Monday. Enchantment seems to be loading smoothly. No back ups on George King, shuttles leaving regularly.

T1 seems in good shape. Pretty sure it's all going to be T1 once she gets back on regular Sunday to Sunday schedule.

12:45 on a Monday. Enchantment seems to be loading smoothly. No back ups on George King, shuttles leaving regularly.

T1 seems in good shape. Pretty sure it's all going to be T1 once she gets back on regular Sunday to Sunday schedule.

That's good to hear!

Hopefully by our March cruise all the kinks will have been worked out!

Cheryl