Dear Celebrity......

I Love NC

But the Celebrity website is too vague, i.e., can I get Jack Daniels on the Classic package? They should itemize brand names.......

Greetings

IMO they have made it vague intentionally. When they recently tried amending some of the brands available on the package they heard holy hell about "bait and switch" and other complaints of consumer protection violations. It became a very heated topic with even talk of consumer law suits. The current description covers their bases if they need to change any of the brands on board the ships.

Good Sailing

Tom

The best advice I could give you is to tell the server what you want and that you have the classic package .

Our experience was that they will not "bait and switch" you but will try to give you what you want

or give you an alternative that is part of the classic package . It did seem that a no at one bar became a yes at another.

We never felt deprived.;)

But the Celebrity website is too vague, i.e., can I get Jack Daniels on the Classic package? They should itemize brand names.......

I doubt they will ever itemise this list after the recent moans & groans regarding what was included and what's been taken away... It's been a major problem for some and has caused a lot of posts with some people feeling like they have been conned into booking cruises with celebrity and others threatening court action & law this law that.... So why would celebrity ever consider getting into that mess again!!

Personally I don't now nor did I in the past feel I was being wronged by celebrity... The drinks package is part of a great offer offered by celebrity and one I hope they will continue to offer in the future... Also to note I have also purchased the drinks package and feel the same!!

I find it hard to imagine that people wouldn't spend more than $300 (other part of the 123go offer) between 2 people on a 14 night cruise.. on basic soft/alcohol drinks with all that is on offer throughout the day/night (just over $10 a day) so surely for most the free drinks package is a huge bonus... It might not have the best vodka from the top shelf but if that's so important to you then take the OBC and be happy with that free offer! 😁 or upgrade the offer and enjoy the better brands... Again for only $11.50 a day what a great deal to be had 😎

• 2 weeks later...
Please tell all of us who just booked cruises:

What is include the CLASSIC BEV PKG. Promotion? Where can we find it on the Celebrity Website, etc.

Thank you in advance.

I did this cruise last August, and we are going again on 8/24/14. I had the Classic Beverage package and have booked it again.

From my experience, I would be less concerned about the content of the Classic Beverage package, but instead would be more focused on the absolutely terrible bar staff. It seemed that no matter which bar I went to while on board, the staff had one speed...SLOW. Attitudes are not much better I might add.

I did this cruise last August, and we are going again on 8/24/14. I had the Classic Beverage package and have booked it again.

From my experience, I would be less concerned about the content of the Classic Beverage package, but instead would be more focused on the absolutely terrible bar staff. It seemed that no matter which bar I went to while on board, the staff had one speed...SLOW. Attitudes are not much better I might add.

Well, while we all know that tips are included in whichever bev. pckge you have -- a little extra, early on in the cruise, goes a long way toward improving service! :cool:

For all the MANY reasons listed... Celebrity is never going to give you an itemized list... Just stating what the caps are for pricing on each pkg level suffices.

What you can do is read Trip Reports here on CC and other such topics to see what others have experienced recently across the cruise line / your ship & itinerary.

Mr Sloop & I don't sweat too much any more on what is and isn't included as we know a good deal when we see one. And for us the Premium Plan is a good one... More so sine the 123GO Promotion came into effect and the cost to upgrade is a mere $ 11.50 per day ($ 10 + 15% Grat).

Lol heck it was a good deal back in 2012 when it cost us full price @ $ 62.10 a day each ($ 54 + 15% Grat).

In reality ALL the best bevvys onboard a ship are expensive (similar pricing to a Hotel / Resort... Which essentially a cruise ship is)... So things can truly add up fast if one pays as they go.

We are very thankful that Celebrity has an AI option... Even at just 2 or 3 alcoholic drinks per day when you add in all the other bevvys we come out ahead

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Well, while we all know that tips are included in whichever bev. pckge you have -- a little extra, early on in the cruise, goes a long way toward improving service! :cool:

You are SO right.....we always do this and our service has always been great...........:)

Not sure which ships you were on but we have been on the Century, Equinox, Solstice and Eclipse, always with the beverage package. Have we experienced slow bar service - yes occasionally. Sail away at the Sunset, Oceanview and Pool bars can get very busy as well as formal nights between dinner seatings at the Martini Bar. In our experience at these peak times the bartenders and servers are working as quickly as they can but yes it sometimes it takes a while to get served. We have not experienced slow bar service at other times and have always found the attitude of the staff to be pleasant & helpful.

We don't tip up front or even early in the cruise and with the exception of the above times we have had great service.

Edited by jelayne

My comments regarding slow bar service are specific to Celebrity Summit. Read some of the reviews and you will see a trend.

I refuse to tip up front or during. I have already paid for the package with a gratuity included. Unlike many other staff on the Summit, the bar staff just seemed like they would rather be some place else...they are often aloof or just plain rude.

No disrespect intended but "here we go again".

I've given up trying to figure it out. My plan is if I don't like the offering on my cruise, I'm upgrading to Premium. Too much misinformation in here. According to Celebrity's list, I think I'm OK but not sure depending on wine choices (and, no, I'm not a wine snob :) )

Edited by blindrid