Options Breakdown

golfb4cruzing

I'll admit I am still confused on all the options for booking. Early Saver, Military, Past Guest all mash together at some point. I am booked for a cruise April 2015 and the site is showing a $200 drop for our balcony. So I sent a note to my PVP. It's never worked in the past because I get some OBC or this time is a two level upgrade and she says I'll lose whatever to get the new price. I need a solid explanation please of these as the wife nears retirement and we can start cruising more. We usually get the military or past guest because I only have a couple of months notice of her vacation approval.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by golfb4cruzing

If you rebook, you do not lose the stockholder, military, or FCC credits. If "past guest" refers to the $ for over 20 cruises, you do not lose that either. If there is a price drop befor final payment, your travel agent should be giving this to you without any BS. If not, I would start considering another agent.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Our first Princess cruise, on the Ruby 2012, was with a guarateed balcony. We got assigned L202 and it had a steel face. The wife was not happy. Princess didn't consider it obstructed. They consider the view from the railing and up. So if we are forward I ask now.

So the price drop was for a different level balcony. We were dead center Caribe and now forward on Lido. I'll take the savings and enjoy the Lido balcony cabin.

If there was an PCL OBC attached to the Rate Code that you were originally booked at , you will lose the OBC if the new lower price Rate Code doesn't also have a PCL OBC.

Since you booked direct with a PCL PVP there is no TA OBC involved.

As stated , Military, Shareholder& FCC OBC remain on the booking.

Our first Princess cruise, on the Ruby 2012, was with a guarateed balcony. We got assigned L202 and it had a steel face. The wife was not happy. Princess didn't consider it obstructed. They consider the view from the railing and up. So if we are forward I ask now.

So the price drop was for a different level balcony. We were dead center Caribe and now forward on Lido. I'll take the savings and enjoy the Lido balcony cabin.

If it's a Grand class ship then it's a bummer about the loss of the Caribe balcony since it's so much larger but I guess $200 can help to ease the pain.

Rather than emailing the PVP I would call them and ask to have things explained in detail. I find that I can get better info if I am able to explain personally what I am asking since reading comprehension seems to be something that doesn't exist much anymore. No matter how clearly I state something in an email it seems that people reading it don't seem to understand what I'm asking.

If it's a Grand class ship then it's a bummer about the loss of the Caribe balcony since it's so much larger but I guess $200 can help to ease the pain.

Rather than emailing the PVP I would call them and ask to have things explained in detail. I find that I can get better info if I am able to explain personally what I am asking since reading comprehension seems to be something that doesn't exist much anymore. No matter how clearly I state something in an email it seems that people reading it don't seem to understand what I'm asking.

It was $200 per person, so the pain is now manageable. After I got an email right back, I did call so I could speak directly (my generation) and understand all my options. We have a Caribe balcony coming up in November. If it is all that and a bag of peanuts, I'll rethink balconies. But only the wife is out there reading a book. I'm out and about enjoying vacay.

Thanks fo everyones input.

I'll admit I am still confused on all the options for booking. Early Saver, Military, Past Guest all mash together at some point. I am booked for a cruise April 2015 and the site is showing a $200 drop for our balcony. So I sent a note to my PVP. It's never worked in the past because I get some OBC or this time is a two level upgrade and she says I'll lose whatever to get the new price. I need a solid explanation please of these as the wife nears retirement and we can start cruising more. We usually get the military or past guest because I only have a couple of months notice of her vacation approval.

Thanks for the help.

I don't know your situation exactly, but maybe I can help a little. Also not sure what a PVP is. I use a Travel Agent that provides additional discounts and/or OBC beyond what Princess offers directly. Whatever the new promo is you should be able to get it providing you are outside of the final payment period. A T.A. usually gets the new promo by canceling and re booking, but sometimes they don't have to actually go through the cancel/re-book process. Any OBC which you get from using a Future Cruise Deposit, Military OBC, or Stockholders Credit applies no matter what the booking situation. These are not lost, but you may be required to re-submit information which applies to a new booking number.

I don't understand why people always say "before final payment". I have made final payment numerous times and have been only a few weeks before a cruise and still received the discounted price. I have always received a refund when the price has gone down. They just give me the refund on my credit card. I think it's just a myth that someone started, that your screwed on any price breaks after final payment.

All we lost was some $50 promo and still kept our military OBC. I need to find a great TA. I have to ask my primary doc who his TA is. She is always calling him with big deals. I never regret the deal I make but less cost helps when the DW gets to souvenir shopping.:eek:

If you are serious about trying to get a reduced price on an already booked cruise why would you send a note to your PVP? Why not call them directly?

I feel you would have a better chance and faster response by talking to them directly. JMHO. :cool:

I shot her a note cause she is in California and had a heads up. She always shoots me back options when she gets in. Today I did call her and we walked through possibilities. I think she does well and haven't found better prices on websites. I need to speak directly with a TA and see if they can do better now.

I don't understand why people always say "before final payment". I have made final payment numerous times and have been only a few weeks before a cruise and still received the discounted price. I have always received a refund when the price has gone down. They just give me the refund on my credit card. I think it's just a myth that someone started, that your screwed on any price breaks after final payment.

Sometimes a price reduction after final payment has no restrictions. Sometimes it is a flash sale and only for new bookings. If a flash sale, it is unlikely one would get any reduction/refund on an already booked voyage.

Flash sale pricing is not shown on the Princess web site.

I'll admit I am still confused on all the options for booking. Early Saver, Military, Past Guest all mash together at some point.

Early saver: This is a lower rate for booking a cruise by a certain date, usually a number of months before the cruise. If price reductions occur after booking, the early saver discount (usually $100) will still apply even if after the deadline for initially booking with that discount.

Military: Princess has no military discount or military fare. They do offer military OBC which will apply to any booking or rebooking except for some travel industry employee discount fares.

Past guest: This is a lower rate (usually $50 or $100 discount) that is offered to past Princess guests for some (but not all) cruises.