First time cruisers on the allure of the seas for honeymoon :)

Normally, I would suggest Atlantis, but it's expensive and I believe Oasis only spends 5 hours or so in Nassau. When you consider transportation time, I don't think it's enough time to enjoy Atlantis.

Instead I'd look for a beach pass from one of the hotels on Cable Beach.

We are going to Nassau Bahamas!! But we did not get an excursion I wanted to know if there is an place to refer us to go that you enjoyed at Nassau?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It depends on what you like to do. You can just listen to the pitches of the zillions of drivers who will greet you when you step foot on the island, and get a tour with one of them. It is nice to get a survey tour of a place first, I think. You can tell the person that you want to end up at a nice beach, and you will get recommendations.

I booked an excursion for $29 in Nassau. It's a glass bottom boat tour. We are only there from 7-2 so I was glad to find something so inexpensive. Even if the tour is no good, it's still a nice little boat ride for a couple of hours. We will be there in November.

There's a free beach about a 10 min walk from the port. It's not the best in the world, but OK for sunning or swimming. When you leave the port building, go right and follow the signs for Junkanoo Beach.

junkanoo-beach.jpg

nas2.jpg

There's a free beach about a 10 min walk from the port. It's not the best in the world, but OK for sunning or swimming. When you leave the port building, go right and follow the signs for Junkanoo Beach.

junkanoo-beach.jpg

nas2.jpg

Oh wow! Thank you! This is a great option this way we will have time to also check out the shops!

We like to take the bus (I think it's the #11 bus) to Fish Fry at Arawak Cay. It's an interesting (and good!) place for lunch. Started out as a bunch of shacks where fishermen cleaned and prepared their catches to sell to folks for dinner. It has evolved into restaurants - 15 or so of them, some of which are still kind of shack like, others are real restaurants with AC. Our fave is Twin Brothers restaurant…they have deep fried lobster bites…fresh conch...and now I want to GO THERE…:p

Fish Fry is walkable from Ardastra Zoo and Gardens, which you should probably take a taxi to get to. If you go there, don't miss the marching flamingo show!

Judy

We like to take the bus (I think it's the #11 bus) to Fish Fry at Arawak Cay.

Maybe there's more than one bus that goes there, but we always take the #10 bus. And make sure it's #10, not #10A, unless you want an extensive ride through the non-tourist sections of Nassau.

Edited by clarea

Maybe there's more than one bus that goes there, but we always take the #10 bus. And make sure it's #10, not #10A, unless you want an extensive ride through the non-tourist sections of Nassau.

No, I think you're absolutely right - it's the #10 bus, not the #11 bus. I asked Buz and he said it's the #10 too.:)

Judy

I would suggest you visit Atlantis! It is beautiful! Also visit blue lagoon for swimming! You would have to take a short ferry to the island. The water is amazing and calm with barely any waves (if you like that). Happy Honeymoon!! 4 yrs ago, I sailed Oasis for the 1st time for our honeymoon! Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by angielam26

I love going to the fish fry. I think it was $3/person each way and it has to be in exact change. When you board the jitney just let them know you want to go to the fish fry and they be sure to stop.

No, I think you're absolutely right - it's the #10 bus, not the #11 bus. I asked Buz and he said it's the #10 too.:)

Judy

I love going to the fish fry. I think it was $3/person each way and it has to be in exact change. When you board the jitney just let them know you want to go to the fish fry and they be sure to stop.

It's $1.25 per person, each bus ride. Same price US or Bahamas money.

We are going to Nassau soon and I plan to rent a horse drawn carriage for a tour for my Wife.

We will have him ride us (we are old and can't walk very far) to the top of the hill where we will explore the old fort, go up in the water tower for a view of the island, and walk down the Queen's Stairs where the carriage man will meet us at the bottom.

Then we will have him ride us around to see historical points of interest and visit the Pirate's Museum. Then back to the ship.

We are going to Nassau soon and I plan to rent a horse drawn carriage for a tour for my Wife.

We will have him ride us (we are old and can't walk very far) to the top of the hill where we will explore the old fort, go up in the water tower for a view of the island, and walk down the Queen's Stairs where the carriage man will meet us at the bottom.

Then we will have him ride us around to see historical points of interest and visit the Pirate's Museum. Then back to the ship.

That sounds awsome and romantic especially since it's our honeymoon! How do I find info on how to rent one??

• 2 weeks later...
I booked an excursion for $29 in Nassau. It's a glass bottom boat tour. We are only there from 7-2 so I was glad to find something so inexpensive. Even if the tour is no good, it's still a nice little boat ride for a couple of hours. We will be there in November.

This sounds very interesting as we'll can you tell me were I can find the info on this?

And the fish fry sounds yummy!!

You can actually walk to the Fish Fry as well. On the map above, just keep going a little further past Junkanoo Beach and you'll run right into it. We always go to a place called Candie's; best Conch fritters and fried grouper we've ever eaten, and we live in Florida! $3 for a plate of 10 fritters.

You can actually walk to the Fish Fry as well. On the map above, just keep going a little further past Junkanoo Beach and you'll run right into it. We always go to a place called Candie's; best Conch fritters and fried grouper we've ever eaten, and we live in Florida! $3 for a plate of 10 fritters.

Ok thank you! We are soo excited!! :)