Celebrity Beach trip in Ravenna

Tiggertastic

Does anyone know which beach you are taken to on the celebrity excursion when docked in Ravenna

There is no info on the excursion page

Will also post in the ports thread before I'm recommended to

thanks

Beach in Ravenna? you are joking, right?

Ravenna has some of the most exquisite churches with 6th century Byzantine mosaics, and they should not be missed. There are eight world heritage sites in this small town and all are spectacular. You are making a big mistake if you forgo seeing them to go to a beach. I spent a day in Ravenna two months ago with a private guide and was able to visit all of these sites, each more beautiful than the next. While in the churches I heard people actually gasping at the beauty of these glistening gold filled walls with wondeful imagery all around.

You will not see anything like this anywhere else, even in Istanbul. You might do a little research before you make a final decision on an excursion there.

Ravenna is fabulous. Go see the mosaics. They are gorgeous. The town is beautiful....nice shops, good food, and lots to see. Some of the best shopping in Italy. I got some good deals at the Furla boutique. It is not touristy. The beach is next to the ship when you dock. Aside from the people fishing, there were very few people on the beach...and nobody was in the water.

Does anyone know which beach you are taken to on the celebrity excursion when docked in Ravenna

Going to a beach during a Ravenna port day?

Sounds completely incongruous to me, especially on your first visit.

Unless you hate gorgeous mosaics, Ravenna's Basilica of Sant' Apollinare Nuovo boasts some of the most brilliant Byzantine mosaic art in the world.

Also, there is the Basilica of Sant' Apollinare in Classe as well as many other sights in Ravenna old town.

Either way, though, have fun during your visit to Ravenna.

Beach in Ravenna? you are joking, right?

Ravenna has some of the most exquisite churches with 6th century Byzantine mosaics, and they should not be missed. There are eight world heritage sites in this small town and all are spectacular. You are making a big mistake if you forgo seeing them to go to a beach. I spent a day in Ravenna two months ago with a private guide and was able to visit all of these sites, each more beautiful than the next. While in the churches I heard people actually gasping at the beauty of these glistening gold filled walls with wondeful imagery all around.

You will not see anything like this anywhere else, even in Istanbul. You might do a little research before you make a final decision on an excursion there.

Going to a beach during a Ravenna port day?

Sounds completely incongruous to me, especially on your first visit.

Unless you hate gorgeous mosaics, Ravenna's Basilica of Sant' Apollinare Nuovo boasts some of the most brilliant Byzantine mosaic art in the world.

Also, there is the Basilica of Sant' Apollinare in Classe as well as many other sights in Ravenna old town.

Either way, though, have fun during your visit to Ravenna.

Just to clear a few things up - we've been to Ravenna before, it isn't my first visit (3rd visit) and we've visited all the historical sights, mosaics etc and stopped to have the wonderful lasagna

Hence we're looking for something else to do

Mark - thanks for the great picture

So if anyone can give me an insight into where Celebrity take the beach trip, I will be really greatful - thanks

Tigertastic,

We lived in Germany in the late 80s, early 90s and drove to Rimini, which is fairly close to Ravenna. We stayed at a small hotel close to the beach. That is when we visited Ravenna.

I don't know if the water at the beach is cleaner than it was then, but we didn't go in the sea water. The water was so dirty and smelled a bit like sewage.

Hello. We were here last month and the beach as pictured was packed with colourful umbrellas. It was a weekend however. It is within walking distance, albeit a bit hot on a Summer's day! I am not sure whether this is the beach offered on a celebrity trip, although possibly along the coast a little. We visited Ravenna, which was delightful, although once seen, we would probably choose the beach on a second visit.

Tigertastic,

We lived in Germany in the late 80s, early 90s and drove to Rimini, which is fairly close to Ravenna. We stayed at a small hotel close to the beach. That is when we visited Ravenna.

I don't know if the water at the beach is cleaner than it was then, but we didn't go in the sea water. The water was so dirty and smelled a bit like sewage.

These days, the beaches around Ravenna and Rimini are Blue Flag beaches, clean and beautiful. I don't know which beach Celebrity will take you to, but it's really hard to pick a bad one in this area.