Solo cruise credits?

phabric

I just chant "Two credits; two credits" every time I click on "1" and see the fare on the Princess site double before my very eyes . . . It doesn't really ease the pain that much, but I'm sure when I get my very first complimentary mini-bar (gin! tonic! free!), it'll all have been worth it.

I just booked a solo on the phone and wanted to verify that I would get two credits, but was told no, just one. I said I was pretty sure I get two and after she put me on hold for several minutes she came back and said, yes I get 2.

Can you explain how you inserted the code for the Adobe Flash dog? :confused:

I had seen him on someone else's thread and fell in love with him. I clicked on him, which brought up the site and basically followed the instructions on the site. I have tried to duplicate my steps and don't seem to be able to do it again.

At this point it does seem like magic. If you can figure out what I did, let me know! :rolleyes:

Edited by wizard-of-roz

Thank you both. I am a solo cruiser and you would not believe how adamant some people feel about that....they think we shouldn't get double credits.

Try booking a suite solo. 3 cruise credits. :D

(Now if only I could afford to book a suite at all...)

Every time I think it's time to retire.......I find another cruise that I MUST go on.....hence......Off to work I go!

I find that work gets in the way of cruising. I have another 29 months to go...

Actually I'm hoping to take the last two months off as vacation so that would make it 27 months to go. I'm taking 12 days vacation in November and, with Veteran's Day and two days for Thanksgiving I'll really only work the first 5 days of that month so that brings it to 26 working months to go. But who's counting? :D (12 days of vacation gets me 23 days off in a row. Sweet!)

My income will drop when I retire but I will be able to watch for last minute deals after final payment is due and will (hopefully) be able to jump on them for great pricing. One can always hope.

I find that work gets in the way of cruising. I have another 29 months to go...

Actually I'm hoping to take the last two months off as vacation so that would make it 27 months to go. I'm taking 12 days vacation in November and, with Veteran's Day and two days for Thanksgiving I'll really only work the first 5 days of that month so that brings it to 26 working months to go. But who's counting? :D (12 days of vacation gets me 23 days off in a row. Sweet!)

My income will drop when I retire but I will be able to watch for last minute deals after final payment is due and will (hopefully) be able to jump on them for great pricing. One can always hope.

I, too, have lots of vacation days and try to spread it over the year. My job would not allow me to take 23 days off in a row, even though I have more than that amount of days due me. Taking two weeks - 10 working days off in a row makes my colleagues very nervous [not that they can't do my job, they just don't want the added burden!]

I'll be taking 2 weeks off in Dec. 2015 to be on the Pacific Princess and you should hear the heartache I'm hearing now. I don't care, I'm going. For the 17 years I've been on this job I've NEVER taken more than 1 week at a time.

I, too, have lots of vacation days and try to spread it over the year. My job would not allow me to take 23 days off in a row, even though I have more than that amount of days due me. Taking two weeks - 10 working days off in a row makes my colleagues very nervous [not that they can't do my job, they just don't want the added burden!]

I'll be taking 2 weeks off in Dec. 2015 to be on the Pacific Princess and you should hear the heartache I'm hearing now. I don't care, I'm going. For the 17 years I've been on this job I've NEVER taken more than 1 week at a time.

I'm only taking 12 working days. The rest of the 23 days in a row consist of weekends, Veteran's Day, and the 2 days we get for Thanksgiving. If you are taking 10 working days you are actually getting 14 off in a row because of the weekends.

I'm only taking 12 working days. The rest of the 23 days in a row consist of weekends, Veteran's Day, and the 2 days we get for Thanksgiving. If you are taking 10 working days you are actually getting 14 off in a row because of the weekends.

I know, isn't that wonderful. How sick is it to work till the next cruise! I can't get enough......I need a twelve step program for cruise addiction!

Thank you both. I am a solo cruiser and you would not believe how adamant some people feel about that....they think we shouldn't get double credits.

I do. I've read many threads on it. They are utterly convinced days should be the only way to get to Elite and mumble stuff about overcrowded pre-dinner drinks (which of course, includes platinum) and they wave the dirty shirt about the Royal Transatlantic.

Yes, if you are a solo occupant on Princess; triple credits if solo in a suite. I don't know of any other lines that do this, however. A big encouragement for solos to sail Princess!

Thanks,

A friend of ours sails solo with us at times. I was just wondering if he has reached Platinum yet to get free internet minutes. I just sent our TA a E-mail and will get the answer in the AM.