BOGO Sale Price Adjustment?

Booked IOS last BOGO sale. Today cabin is $30 less. Called the big box TA and tells me RCI has a $25 change fee. Not worth it. If I cancelled and rebook I would not get same cabin. My other bookings went up only a few dollars. Oh well

Royal has no change fee to my knowledge. Either the TA is imposing the fee, or you're losing $25 of your balcony discount because the cruise is now less than 6 months away.

Just wanted to give everyone an update: I booked the trip on allure on June 20 between BOGO sales but before prices got really crazy (the price on our GS rose $800 between when we booked and last night).

Just got off the phone with RCCL and they honored the current price even with our existing booking. Just got $900 knocked off our reservation :)

Just wanted to give everyone an update: I booked the trip on allure on June 20 between BOGO sales but before prices got really crazy (the price on our GS rose $800 between when we booked and last night).

Just got off the phone with RCCL and they honored the current price even with our existing booking. Just got $900 knocked off our reservation :)

Great news Thanks for sharing:D

I agree. I checked three upcoming cruises, and although some prices have dropped a bit compared to June and July, they still are not close to being as low as they were during the first week of May.

Agree, my C1 cabin on Oasis for Feb. 6, '16 is up some $350+ per as compared to the half-off promo back in May. The May promo was a steal for us.

So far, no one has reported any price drops with existing bookings. None of ours has dropped below what we paid.

I booked during the last BOGOHO, and rebooked today with 3rd, 4th, 5th sail free. Quite a savings as we are 5 in the room!

So I booked on Allure for 2016 right after the last BOGO sale ended -- not expecting another one to come up again so soon. It dropped prices so much that we're paying the same for a GS that someone is paying for a crown loft suite during the sale.

I THINK that the rule is that they can't drop the price for us, but if we upgrade and pay some kind of difference, we can at least get more for our money. Am I making that rule up because its wishful thinking? Does that even work for this sale's TOS?

When the last BOGOHO Came out we got to change a number of our cruises to reflect the sale. Call Royal and ask, they should adjust it for you. Numerous people did it that last time.

I agree. I checked three upcoming cruises, and although some prices have dropped a bit compared to June and July, they still are not close to being as low as they were during the first week of May.

Ours is the same. In fact it was 1200 more using the Price drop information.

When the last BOGOHO Came out we got to change a number of our cruises to reflect the sale. Call Royal and ask, they should adjust it for you. Numerous people did it that last time.

They did get it adjusted- see post #28

So far, no one has reported any price drops with existing bookings. None of ours has dropped below what we paid.

I was able to get a drop on my allure sailing in 2016 with the kids sail free promo. The fare for my wife and I went up, but total price was $310 less for the four of us.

We booked our Jewel of the seas 12/06/2015 booking before BOGOHO1, price went down for us during BOGOHO1 & RCL honored it. Then they had their July sale, price was up just a tad but had $200 obc offer, they then gave us that. Then yesterday I checked during this BOGOHO and our price was down below our original BOGOHO, so I called them and they honored that and I kept the $200 obc. They never said anything about cancelling and rebooking and the reservation number stayed the same....

A week ago I booked an ocean view. During the Bogo sale I called yesterday and upgraded to a balcony for $150.00 more than the oceanview. When I originally booked the oceanview a balcony room was 900.00 more. I saved $750.00.

Yeah it is worth it and a good sale

Worth watching prices carefully

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We booked a few cabins for the Allure Jan 3rd 2016 before we knew there was going to be a BOGOHO sale starting Aug 1st. Morning of the 1st I called my TA & it not only saved some $238.50 a person in their cabins but I was able to move from a Q (smallest inside) to a D8 (Oceanview Balcony) for only $150 more a person since I get the Diamond Plus Balcony discount now, well worth it for a 7 day cruise!

I do like how Royal is doing the summary of charges online this time. Both prices are the same instead of jacking up the first just to reduce the second even though the math still worked.

BonVoyage

Dawna