Beverage Package

tidemp5

Many lines limit the amount of beverages you can use within a twenty-four hour period, doe this apply to Princess? My concern isn't alcoholic beverages, but if you have a couple of cups of coffee, some bottled water and then sodas you could be at you limit before dinner.

Thank you for reply re paying in cash. Coming from uk to get best exchange rate we decided to use cash for some of payment on ship. I guess we just go straight down to pursers and deposit dollars in on board account. Then as you say go back and buy package.

Many lines limit the amount of beverages you can use within a twenty-four hour period, doe this apply to Princess? My concern isn't alcoholic beverages, but if you have a couple of cups of coffee, some bottled water and then sodas you could be at you limit before dinner.

Happy, there is no limit to the number of drinks you can have within a 24 hour period ... but you are suppose to order them one at the time.

LuLu

Thank you for reply re paying in cash. Coming from uk to get best exchange rate we decided to use cash for some of payment on ship. I guess we just go straight down to pursers and deposit dollars in on board account. Then as you say go back and buy package.

No need to go to the Purser's desk and deposit dollars first. You can get the package once on board and it will be charged to your on-board account.

Then you have until the last full day of the cruise to bring the cash to the Purser's desk. No need to wait that long, but no reason to join what could be long lines on embarkation day to give them the cash.

No need to go to the Purser's desk and deposit dollars first. You can get the package once on board and it will be charged to your on-board account.

Then you have until the last full day of the cruise to bring the cash to the Purser's desk. No need to wait that long, but no reason to join what could be long lines on embarkation day to give them the cash.

But, if you do it that way, the cost of the package will be a hold on your credit card which could take some time to clear. If you start with a credit, it will never hit your card.

Wouldn't it work out the same to gift yourself OBC in advance? Not sure how the exchange works so I apologize if this is a stupid question.

Can you prepay Before the cruise like Celebrity?

You cannot prepay specifically to actually cover an item like the beverage package, but you can gift yourself $$$ in the amount that would cover whatever item you want the $$$ to cover.

Yes, the Princess web site does have purchases to cover a beverage package or gratuities or....., but that just puts a certain amount of $$$ into your onboard account, just as gifting yourself $$$ would do.

Anything charged to the onboard account will be subtracted from any starting balance until it is all used up.

In other words, it could be for example, pre-ordered shore excursions, which are normally charged the first day, that use up all the purchased credit and the beverage package charges show up after that. The overall effect is the same, but the pre-purchased $$$ really do not go just to the items specified.

Wouldn't it work out the same to gift yourself OBC in advance? Not sure how the exchange works so I apologize if this is a stupid question.

I spoke to Princess to get the prices for OBC, unfortunately their exchange rate is lower £ to $ for us. Our bank is better to purchase $s at the moment.

Pj

You cannot prepay specifically to actually cover an item like the beverage package, but you can gift yourself $$$ in the amount that would cover whatever item you want the $$$ to cover.

Yes, the Princess web site does have purchases to cover a beverage package or gratuities or....., but that just puts a certain amount of $$$ into your onboard account, just as gifting yourself $$$ would do.

Anything charged to the onboard account will be subtracted from any starting balance until it is all used up.

In other words, it could be for example, pre-ordered shore excursions, which are normally charged the first day, that use up all the purchased credit and the beverage package charges show up after that. The overall effect is the same, but the pre-purchased $$$ really do not go just to the items specified.

I rang Princess UK the other day to ask about pre-purchasing drinks packages, they never said a word about the money I'd pay going onto our account to be used generally. I was led to believe that I'd be purchasing the actual drinks package & nothing else.

I also asked about pre-purchasing ultimate balcony dinners and other goodies......I was told I could and that vouchers for each of those specific items would be waiting for me in our cabin????!!!!

Decided not to go for it cos the exchange rate was totally rubbish (email sent to Princess about that!).

Do they accept US$ travellers cheques on board?

We may get a load of those now & pay them into our account when we board - could end up being a better rate than either Princess or our bank (who both have an additional currency converter levy) will offer us!

In the UK we have cash passports. These allow you to load a card with whatever currency you want/need and use as a type of credit card.Obviously we have loaded ours with dollars so when we purchase anything on board e.g. The drinks package,we can pay in dollars instead of prepaying in pounds at a rubbish rate.