But can not open attachtment ,

So whats so important, not expecting anything, better go home and check it out,

so gets home opens it and its Progressive Boarding Notice,

why could Princess not just say that what it was on E Mail Heading

then those with preferred boarding times do not apply

yours Shogun

From Princess, Headed Emergency Notification,

I once received an 'emergency' notification from princess

that for some future, unbooked cruise, I might need a passport.

I think that princess grossly misuses 'emergency'.

Isn't it the same thing when a thread is titled "Emergency Notification"

it used to stress me too seeing "emergency notification".

every single time, there has been no emergency at all. its just additional information or my cabin has been assigned (like I don't check 3 times a day!).

I agree a different subject line would make a whole lot more sense!

I have had them for progressive boarding and also one for grandparents/ parents taking children on a cruise about necessary paperwork - I must admit like Shogun I was really worried by the first one as I couldn't open it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have received emergency notifications from Princess before that were not even close to an emergency. I'm not sure why they do this.:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Because if it doesn't say "Emergency", people won't read it. Yeah, certainly some of the notifications are trivial, but they want to make sure that you read them, because some of them aren't trivial... :) "What do you mean I need a passport??!! You never sent me anything about passports!!" :p

Because if it doesn't say "Emergency", people won't read it. Yeah, certainly some of the notifications are trivial, but they want to make sure that you read them, because some of them aren't trivial... :)

Did they never read "Chicken Little" when they were children?

Because if it doesn't say "Emergency", people won't read it. Yeah, certainly some of the notifications are trivial, but they want to make sure that you read them, because some of them aren't trivial... :) "What do you mean I need a passport??!! You never sent me anything about passports!!" :p

I am always so excited about my next cruise that I can't imagine not reading anything that came from Princess, especially if it stated that it was concerning my next cruise....but I too get stressed when I see "Emergency Notification" especially because one time it was that Princess had cancelled the whole cruise.....it has made me fearful of any so called Princess emergencies since. I wish they could find another heading for their not so emergency notifications like, "Important Information Notification" would get my undivided attention too.

I had the same email....here in the UK the word 'emergency' means exactly that. I couldn't believe it was a basic message...my heart had sank I thought it was something a lot more important.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by devongirl

I had a discussion with a princess rep about this very thing. They wanted an address for my emergency contact, and when I asked why I was told that they might need to send my emergency contact some forms. Well by it's very nature an Emergency needs to be dealt with ASAP and the use of snail mail seems contraindicated. I think they need to look up the meaning of the word, or dig out a thesaurus to find another one to use.

Sometimes I can't even tell from the Emergency Notification what has changed from any prior Emergency Notifications and that is always particularly troubling. It's like watching TV and there's news teaser: "There's something wrong with the water supply. More on News at 11".

It's like watching TV and there's news teaser: "There's something wrong with the water supply. More on News at 11".

Or my favorite in this area.

On a TV broadcast at 6 PM as people start to eat dinner. "Tainted meat sold in stores has been recalled. It can make people who eat it very sick. Details at 10."

No sense letting those about to eat that meat know the details.

Sometimes I can't even tell from the Emergency Notification what has changed from any prior Emergency Notifications and that is always particularly troubling.

yes! nothing is highlighted or bolded or in any way stands out to see what changed!

I had a discussion with a princess rep about this very thing. They wanted an address for my emergency contact, and when I asked why I was told that they might need to send my emergency contact some forms. Well by it's very nature an Emergency needs to be dealt with ASAP and the use of snail mail seems contraindicated. I think they need to look up the meaning of the word, or dig out a thesaurus to find another one to use.

They need an address for the emergency contact so that they know where to, god forbid, ship your remains...:eek::p;):rolleyes:

They need an address for the emergency contact so that they know where to, god forbid, ship your remains...:eek::p;):rolleyes:

My sister, my emergency contact, will be glad I used my home address. I know she does not want my remains on her doorstep:eek:.

Let's hope it isn't the Purser's desk who ships them -- they can't even manage to get postcards delivered with 100% success.

• 3 weeks later...

I guess Princess heard me, and stopped over-using emergency.

They recently sent me an email stating that my Immigration information

was incomplete, and unless I supplied it immediately, I would

be denied boarding.

This seemed odd for a cruise-ette from Ft. Lauderdale for a US citizen.

I don't think I need a visa to enter broward county; miami-dade maybe...

The missing 'immigration information' was that I had not

supplied an emergency contact in the personalizer.